West Coast Nationals at Las Vegas

Bruce and I both are planning on being there with the "Bad Ass" GN. We all have to push him to make at least one run in it.

bruce bring that car?............wow..........i thought he was scared to drive it

shawn

Shawn, the whole shop has set aside O/T to get the "Bad Ass" completely interiored to have it totally primo. Guys, bug the crap out him to get him to at least make one pass with it. It would help in making a sale on it. Anyone have a big open back account?We would love to come home emptied trailered. It would be great to have as many as possible people there to let the East coast guys know the West is alive and well with GN's. See ya all there. Mark :D

mark,

you distract him and ill make thhe pass........i aint scared........nitroused sprint car motored gn's dont scare me

shawn

I'm THERE!!!

Guys,

Made room reservations a couple of days ago!!! Trying to convince a buddy of mine to let me use his Truck:D ......Hope to meet a lot more of you guys this year.....Just look for the Brutal 6 banner

Later,
Mack:cool:

SloNoMo,

Say what's the story on the chip man? Is Neal gonna make it with or without his car?

Let Neal know that some members of the central TX Brutal Six fan club will be there to watch him run, so he better make it:)

Just got my reservations...See you all there

I havent been around here lately, got bit by a VW FOX bug, but my first love is still Turbo Buicks! :p

I cant wait for the 13+ hour road trip in Oct to head to the Nats!!

I just heard that Ken Duttweiler will be attending the Vegas race with his 6 sec. car.
Jeff

Sweet Jeff. I am looking forward to seeing you launch myself. That and Bruce's "Bad Ass". See you there bud. Bring some fresh Haas avocadoes too. LMAO. Mark:D

Mark, I recently went to Irwindale and launched with the front drivers wheel up about 10" and carried it for about 8 feet. (1.46 sixty foot). See you in Vegas!
Jeff

Reminders, etc.

Reminders:
1. Registration closes Saturday Sept. 20th.
2. All payments must be received on/by Sept. 20th (so if you register in that last week, you'll have to use PayPal).
3. Silverton Hotel releases any unregistered rooms back into the general pool at full price on Sept. 10th.

2 of the 3 organizers have become dad's this year. Although some personal priorities have changed, we're all working to make this another great event.

The last I checked (a few days ago), I'm still only seeing ~70 Supras that are planning on racing. Blue Oval Bash (aka Mustangs, etc.) haven't put together a website, so maybe we scared them with last year? ;)

So far, we have 31 participants in classes (some people are in more than one class). However, reading various posts, it appears that it'll be much like last year with several opting for registration during the event.

Only about 6 weeks left until the event!

West Coast nats

Jack -

I definitely think the Mousewangers brought knives to a gun fight last year.. (...and they realize it now... maybe there won't be any smack talk.??) That smack talk website last year was cool, BTW....

Anyway - I get a "cannot determine IP address from web address" error message when trying to load the westcoastnats website... Ideas..???

Linc Belt
Abq, NM

The smack board is up this year too, but no one seems to use it.
I noticed the site has been down for at least 2 hours now. The provider's site is down too. Just keep checking from time to time, and it'll probably return on it's own.

Yep.. It did.. ..and I checked out the smack site, too.. :D

So, now we've gotta go through town on the way to the track..?? What was the deal with Main Street Station..?? I kinda liked that place......

Linc Belt
Abq, NM

When we asked for rooms this year, they didn't seem interested in continuing as we've done in the past. This could be a multitude of reasons, but probably because they "know" they can fill those same rooms at the full price to regular gambling guests.

Yes, Blue Diamond Rd is south of the Las Vegas Strip, so you'll be going right through the city (via I-15) directly to the track. This is only adding about 5 miles onto the trip from previous years, and now there's no highway changing (just a direct shot).

Jack, is there a room, lounge or area at the hotel where we can get together as a group sometime Friday/Saturday night?

That was a shortcomming at the Main Street hotel in past years.

I very rarely go there myself. Years ago, before it was called Silverton, it had a great Sunday morning breakfast buffet. Then I tried it about 3 years ago and it was lousy. I don't think I've been there since. I looked at their website, and didn't get any good inidication of large bars, etc. We'll just have to make do.

Hey Nick / Jack - Why don't we just have a big ass tailgate party in the parking lot..?? Do you think the Silverton folks will mind..?? It will give us an opportunity to socialize around the cars, hang out in the warm summer oven, rehydrate with carbonated pisswater (aka light beer), and maybe grill some goodies, or just have a burnout contest... :D

Linc Belt

We tried a picnic/brew-ha-ha thing last year and it flopped worse than the Pontiac Aztec. At one point, it looked like we were going to be flooded with people (lots of interest), but then when the schedule changed, very few showed up.
Jon's house is kinda close to this year's hotel, but because of the above, I won't suggest it. You might think twice about the burnout contest... ;)
It always easy to find an excuse to drink! :D

Can't blame me!! I was ready to pound a few..!! At any rate, I still think it would be a great idea - just need to find a "hook" to get folks out to the parking lot at the same time, that's it...!! Let the rest happen... We went for a drive up/down the strip last year, which was fun, but crowded.. (uncapped exhaust and all!)