West Coast Nationals at Las Vegas

Re: New Pictures & Videos from the West Coast Nationals in LV, "CHECK IT OUT"

Originally posted by hurstbuick
If you have not got your fill on the West Coast Nationals in LV October 3 & 4. Well I have got a ton of Pictures and Videos my son and I just posted on our club site at http://www.bgnra.org So go check it out with over 35 total videos (15 NEW ONE alone for the event in LV, I think you will enjoy them.

Steve Hurst, President-BGNRA
hurstbuick@aol.com http:[url]www.bgnra.org[/URL] hurstbuick@aol.com

I cant see the video's? What gives?

I won in the raffle a caspers field alternator fix, a set of RJC rocker shaft braces and a RJC crank pulley. THat pulley was so nice i took the rest of the set from LV GN , Oh crap i have to send him money for those, Dont worry Len i put it in the mail this week,
Thanks Bud Otto

I gotta agree with the others, the event was awesome. I didnt get to take my car:( didnt get to replace the tcc solenoid or the boost solenoid in time. I didnt see any hotair cars there either....I woulda been the only one:p. I still had a great time tho.....didnt really talk to anyone, just kinda spectated...kinda regret that. I was curious though, who's white t-type did that wheelie and came down with the wheels turned? Also, did Cal run his car at all? I was really looking forward to seeing him run, but never saw it.

The wheelie maniac is local Paul Helliker. I'm trying to get the video captured on the computer and posted. I think I have 2 good wheel stands of his.

Alright, thnx, he pulled that wheelie just before I started recording. I got pretty much every part of the race after that wheelie:p . I was also wondering, who was the one that had the GS with the 3.8 V6 turbo in it? That was one badass car, me and my dad examined the engine for around 10 minutes to try and see what made it so fast.....didnt look that much different than most 12 second engines.:confused:

Originally posted by GNAsuka
Also, did Cal run his car at all? I was really looking forward to seeing him run, but never saw it.
Cal wasnt there with his car, HE flew in to help **** Kereny with his 2 cars

Ah, I see.....I was under the impression his car was gonna be there...guess I heard wrong. Thnx for clearing that up.

a great time!!

Vegas was great again this year. The guy with the green '65 turbo skylark is Tim Lee. That car is one of my favorite cars.

Originally posted by granatl
The wheelie maniac is local Paul Helliker. I'm trying to get the video captured on the computer and posted. I think I have 2 good wheel stands of his.
paul is now wheelieboy. it was really cool to see him win. he has been thru hell with meltdown's. and now we got a handle on it. just gotta keep the front end down and there should be some low 9's in the car. he deserved the win. congrads paul!

Thank you

The annual trip to Las Vegas is a blast and I hope there are many more WCN events to follow. I have a hell of a time getting away from the office for the Bowling Green event so this is the annual "biggie" for me. I hope the turnout is enough for you guys to do this again next year and the year after and..

We know how much work is put into this event and appreciate your efforts. Looking forward to next year already.

I'm hoping that next year we can rent a party room and get together as a group. Hell, I'd come up a day early just for that. So many people I didn't get a chance to see.

Thanks again to Jack, Jon and the other organizers.

I've been working on that Otto, but I run a one person business and it's pretty hard. When I'm out of the office, it's flat shut down.

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
Damnit Jack, free your schedule and come hang out in BG
otto---your repeating yourself. :D just like the night jim and dan had you in the back of the exploader. and you were taking the shocker!

The WCN in LV was like previous years...the most fun I've had with my clothes on :cool: It was really great to see alot of you again and tip the odd beer while there. I am counting on this event happening again next year Jack & Jon!
Thanks again for an awesome event!
PS: Otto, good luck with the stutter problem you seem to have developed above ;)
Jim

i always knew otto had the first hand SHOCKER experience:eek:

he sure is somthin:D

hey len.......send a third of the blown up tranny re build fee to otto and a third to jim

they made more passes than i did

i think

pics.

Anyone got any pictures of bob petersons [ the old six shooter] red regal? he went 8,30 @167 on big dot tires. and a single 90mm turbo, that was his last race, he is selling his car for health reasons, thanks:cool: