Is anyone else excited for Oct23-26th? Bowling Green

87GNALKY

First year going but raised in Hendersonville, TN 1 hour away.
Anyway, I actually had this ready to post in another thread but this event seems pretty special to most everyone here so I just started a thread about my first time.
At some point, all of you were here? Correct?
Well, this story could be about anyone of us because everyone of us has a similar story; but here is something about my first time and it is not here; quite yet.
I hope to drive down the race track at a speed that is above 60 or 70 miles per hour and maybe even faster if nothing breaks...If I can run consistent times, I may get a prize/trophy that says I did well for what I was running that day.. I have never done that.. It's on the bucket list. I earn a living as the rest of us do, I work, I get a check, and I make decisions on how that check is spent evry two weeks. When I am determining what to spend on my 87, I try to buy the preservation pieces that will keep it running well. 160* thermostat flushing radiator/intercooler oilchainges complete fluid changes. decent Methanol if the turbo will be utilized, best oil filters new fuel filters, ZDDP or Lucas Zink in every oil change which is every 2000 miles., insuring the 60# injectors have 44# at cylinder one etc...But I am also interested in amasing parts that will help me be competitive in some ways. It doesnt mean I'm going to shove a steel bar inbetween reverse and first gear next weekend...I was born in 1967. I saved a long time to get a 30 year old car. BUT, I am going to enjoy the hell out of making this car fast and as dependable as it can be and still be fast. Life is short but worth it. Oh well, after the Nationals are over, it's time to ship it to Steve anyway for the full treatment. But before that, I'm going to put the Nitto 275/60R15s on the stock rear wheels and leave the stock fronts on the stock wheels. for the GS Nationals 2019. Let the debate begin after the rest of this post....;) This will be my first time ever on an actual Race Track,Other than driving down one in the middle of the night with no one there, Not telling that story here. But yes, It was a "sticky" track...,,I have had several "fast" cars but to actually use the tree and compete against my own consistency is going to be a day or 2 I will always remember as I'm sure most of you do.,,,so my guess is, a destroyed drive shaft and diff, blown HG, etc.. I did go ahead and get the 360* DS loop to protect me and you and your friends and family that may be track-side........Installing this weekend.. That should actually go without saying but some may think since this will be my first GS Nationals, I may forget to protect others or forget a fire extinguisher. Llike I told the mechanic I trust and will come to know very well; a few months ago. Start at the axles/diff, spline count, Sway bar configuration,etc and work your way thru the trans and up to the radiator and inter-cooler. When you get to the 109 we will discuss the power plant. When 2021 rolls around, We can set around the sponsors tents and products and say Hey Yall" Watch This"
Thank You to all our Sponsors for their support in 2019!

Platinum Level Sponsors

TA Performance
- Scottsville, AZ$2000 in Race Class Gift Certificates

D-A Lubricants/ PennGrade Oils - Lebanon, IN$1000 for Car Show Awards

Gran Sport Autobody - Kahnawake, Quebec Canada $800 for Car Show awards

Gold Level Sponsors
SRE Performance Fabrications Inc. and
LDI Industries Inc. - Whitelaw, WI $550 For Various Race Classes

Classic Industries - Huntington Beach, CA $500 for Car Show Awards

Silver Level Sponsors
Arctic A/C Service LLC - Live Oak, FL $350 for Bracket Class 3

Reg Myers - Columbia, MO $350 Bracket Race Class 1 (B1).
*Indiana GSCA Chapter; Kenny Wells, President $300 Bracket Race Class 1 (B1) & TPB

KDK Performance - Orlando, FL $250 Turbo Alcohol Injected (TAI) Race Class

Summerfield Roofing - Ocklawaha, FL $300 Bracket Race Class 3 (B3)

Rite-Temp Heat & Air, Inc. - Summerfield, FL $250 Bracket Race Class 2 (B2)

*Limit Engineering - Lake Havasu City, AZ $250 Bracket Race Class 2 (B2)

Victory Lane Quick Oil Change - Florence, KY $225 Bracket Race Class 3 (B3)

Wayne Anderson - Nashville, NC $200 Concours Car Show Class Awards

Tin Man Performance - Sterling Hts., MI T-R Cold Air intake system

Dan Gerber - Anaheim, CA $175 for Bracket Class 3

Alan & Joy Oldfield - Center Point, IA $100 Car Show Awards

Turbo Street Outlaw "TSO" Sponsors
$7,000 in Cash and Prize Money Race Rules Administrator (RRA) Cal Hartline
Casper's Electronics, Castle Performance, Champion Racing Heads, Dusty Bradford ODB, FAST/Comp. Cams, Fiscus Excavating, Inc., Fuel Tech, G-Body Parts, GN Northwest, Kirban Performance, Lorenz Racing & Perf., Metco Motorsports, Precision Turbo & Engine, Racetronix, RJC Racing, TA Perf., TRZ Motorsports, VP Racing Fuels, Weldon Racing.

Turbo Street Modified "TSM" Sponsors* Race Rules Administrator (RRA) Paul DuBois

TSM Title Sponsor RJC Racing Hartline Perf., Borg-Warner, Trick Chassis, Spoolfool, Cruz Perf., Black Kat Racing, Turbo Farm, Jason Bertram, Competition Products, American Auto Glass/John Plog, Lorenz Racing Performance.
HRparts-N-Stuff Special Awards: $1500+ in cash/gift certificates
SS/S16 - Super 16: $250 cash* GSR - GS Race: $120 cash* TSO: $250 cash* TSM: $120 cash* THS: Winner $100, R/U $50; both in gift certificates TAI: Winner $100, R/U $50; both in gift certificates TPB: Winner $100, R/U $50; both in gift certificates Bracket 1: Winner $100, R/U $50; both in gift certificates Bracket 2: Winner $80, R/U $40; both in gift certificates Bracket 3: Winner $60, R/U $30; both in gift certificates

* RRA will distribute Race Class Prize Money!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a big deal to me back in the late eighties. Now with a family, home, wife and all that it implies, I'm just glad to get out to my local track a couple times a year.

First year going but raised in Hendersonville, TN 1 hour away.
Anyway, I actually had this ready to post in another thread but this event seems pretty special to most everyone here so I just started a thread about my first time.
At some point, all of you were here? Correct?
Well, this story could be about anyone of us because everyone of us has a similar story; but here is something about my first time and it is not here; quite yet.
I hope to drive down the race track at a speed that is above 60 or 70 miles per hour and maybe even faster if nothing breaks...If I can run consistent times, I may get a prize/trophy that says I did well for what I was running that day.. I have never done that.. It's on the bucket list. I earn a living as the rest of us do, I work, I get a check, and I make decisions on how that check is spent evry two weeks. When I am determining what to spend on my 87, I try to buy the preservation pieces that will keep it running well. 160* thermostat flushing radiator/intercooler oilchainges complete fluid changes. decent Methanol if the turbo will be utilized, best oil filters new fuel filters, ZDDP or Lucas Zink in every oil change which is every 2000 miles., insuring the 60# injectors have 44# at cylinder one etc...But I am also interested in amasing parts that will help me be competitive in some ways. It doesnt mean I'm going to shove a steel bar inbetween reverse and first gear next weekend...I was born in 1967. I saved a long time to get a 30 year old car. BUT, I am going to enjoy the hell out of making this car fast and as dependable as it can be and still be fast. Life is short but worth it. Oh well, after the Nationals are over, it's time to ship it to Steve anyway for the full treatment. But before that, I'm going to put the Nitto 275/60R15s on the stock rear wheels and leave the stock fronts on the stock wheels. for the GS Nationals 2019. Let the debate begin after the rest of this post....;) This will be my first time ever on an actual Race Track,Other than driving down one in the middle of the night with no one there, Not telling that story here. But yes, It was a "sticky" track...,,I have had several "fast" cars but to actually use the tree and compete against my own consistency is going to be a day or 2 I will always remember as I'm sure most of you do.,,,so my guess is, a destroyed drive shaft and diff, blown HG, etc.. I did go ahead and get the 360* DS loop to protect me and you and your friends and family that may be track-side........Installing this weekend.. That should actually go without saying but some may think since this will be my first GS Nationals, I may forget to protect others or forget a fire extinguisher. Llike I told the mechanic I trust and will come to know very well; a few months ago. Start at the axles/diff, spline count, Sway bar configuration,etc and work your way thru the trans and up to the radiator and inter-cooler. When you get to the 109 we will discuss the power plant. When 2021 rolls around, We can set around the sponsors tents and products and say Hey Yall" Watch This"
Thank You to all our Sponsors for their support in 2019!

Platinum Level Sponsors

TA Performance
- Scottsville, AZ$2000 in Race Class Gift Certificates

D-A Lubricants/ PennGrade Oils - Lebanon, IN$1000 for Car Show Awards

Gran Sport Autobody - Kahnawake, Quebec Canada $800 for Car Show awards

Gold Level Sponsors
SRE Performance Fabrications Inc. and
LDI Industries Inc. - Whitelaw, WI $550 For Various Race Classes

Classic Industries - Huntington Beach, CA $500 for Car Show Awards

Silver Level Sponsors
Arctic A/C Service LLC - Live Oak, FL $350 for Bracket Class 3

Reg Myers - Columbia, MO $350 Bracket Race Class 1 (B1).
*Indiana GSCA Chapter; Kenny Wells, President $300 Bracket Race Class 1 (B1) & TPB

KDK Performance - Orlando, FL $250 Turbo Alcohol Injected (TAI) Race Class

Summerfield Roofing - Ocklawaha, FL $300 Bracket Race Class 3 (B3)

Rite-Temp Heat & Air, Inc. - Summerfield, FL $250 Bracket Race Class 2 (B2)

*Limit Engineering - Lake Havasu City, AZ $250 Bracket Race Class 2 (B2)

Victory Lane Quick Oil Change - Florence, KY $225 Bracket Race Class 3 (B3)

Wayne Anderson - Nashville, NC $200 Concours Car Show Class Awards

Tin Man Performance - Sterling Hts., MI T-R Cold Air intake system

Dan Gerber - Anaheim, CA $175 for Bracket Class 3

Alan & Joy Oldfield - Center Point, IA $100 Car Show Awards

Turbo Street Outlaw "TSO" Sponsors
$7,000 in Cash and Prize Money Race Rules Administrator (RRA) Cal Hartline
Casper's Electronics, Castle Performance, Champion Racing Heads, Dusty Bradford ODB, FAST/Comp. Cams, Fiscus Excavating, Inc., Fuel Tech, G-Body Parts, GN Northwest, Kirban Performance, Lorenz Racing & Perf., Metco Motorsports, Precision Turbo & Engine, Racetronix, RJC Racing, TA Perf., TRZ Motorsports, VP Racing Fuels, Weldon Racing.

Turbo Street Modified "TSM" Sponsors* Race Rules Administrator (RRA) Paul DuBois

TSM Title Sponsor RJC Racing Hartline Perf., Borg-Warner, Trick Chassis, Spoolfool, Cruz Perf., Black Kat Racing, Turbo Farm, Jason Bertram, Competition Products, American Auto Glass/John Plog, Lorenz Racing Performance.
HRparts-N-Stuff Special Awards: $1500+ in cash/gift certificates
SS/S16 - Super 16: $250 cash* GSR - GS Race: $120 cash* TSO: $250 cash* TSM: $120 cash* THS: Winner $100, R/U $50; both in gift certificates TAI: Winner $100, R/U $50; both in gift certificates TPB: Winner $100, R/U $50; both in gift certificates Bracket 1: Winner $100, R/U $50; both in gift certificates Bracket 2: Winner $80, R/U $40; both in gift certificates Bracket 3: Winner $60, R/U $30; both in gift certificates

* RRA will distribute Race Class Prize Money!

My first GS NATIONAL was 1990... Hey don't forget to introduce yourself to all the OLD fat chubby guys. I hope your 1st visit was a blast like mines was .

Always have a great time at this event. The people are what make it great. Yea. The cars too.
Every year it seems I'm more involved in this thing. This year I'm sponsoring 5 classes. :)
It feels good to be able to give it back.

Two weeks. :)

Always have a great time at this event. The people are what make it great. Yea. The cars too.
Every year it seems I'm more involved in this thing. This year I'm sponsoring 5 classes. :)

I will be running in the 15 sec and slower class so bring me a trophy!! My 60 times should be just under 8 seconds..

I've been 5 times. 93,97,98,2013 and 15. Always have a great time. In 93, it was the 1st 1/4 mile track I had been at. Long lines back then. The crowd is definitely smaller now. It's worth it for the people and parts you find. Don't know when I'll make it back. The GSCA has a new guy running it now and I hope it keeps going strong. BG is a great place to visit.

Alright then, How about OLD & Honorary. See ya @ the National.
Empty my car weighs 3807LBs, with me in it it is like 4600. Do I get some kind of Tree head start for that? I'm barely going to break 15s so I think I should get like 4 trees handicap head start..

My 4th time to go this year...
2006 spectated but got the flu and stayed sick most of the trip.
2017 Drove my GN from TX to KY but only spectated.
2018 Trailered my 01 Regal and raced in B2
2019 Repeat of 2018 lol

That's awesome man

The GSCA site says May 12-15.
This thread title says October 23-26.
Which is it?