2019 West Coast Nationals (Tucson Az)?

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
Not sure if I can use that title but, I would like to bring the West Coast Nationals back.

So this thread will be to help promote and see if there is interest in bringing a Major buick event back to the West.

Guess first couple questions would be

Would you attend?

what Month?

What day of the week?

1 or 2 day event?

This will be a private track rental so there will be a fee to enter the event. The more people the less it would be.

I would really like to start some classes as well and get some vendors involved. I really miss the days of Vegas and speed world..

Any feedback would be great.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'll go first

I would love to attend as long as I can get the time off work.

Saturday or Sunday might work best.

I say 2 day event because for a 1 day event people won't want to drive that far for 1 day

As for cost It will depend on if it's a 1 or 2 day event how long we will have the track for etc. If I could get a good head count we would set the price and collect. If more people attended then what the count was I think we will keep the price the same and use the extra funds for next year to lower the cost or roll it over to a pay out for classes or trophies or.... Just thinking out loud lots of ideas.

I would love to be able to go to a Buick event and actually race . When where u thinking?

I'd be there, for sure.

The Track and Pits at Tucson are very nice. It's not real pretty, like BG, because it's in the middle of the desert, but a well maintained facility operated by a true drag racer, Jim Hughes.

The track prep there is always good. They also have a big fire pit area for the evening when the racing winds down where the party often goes late into the night. Any month from November thru April would be good. Only the 1st, 16th and the last day of any month would prevent me from being there.

Last edited:
I will try and get us some dates once the sema show is done and I'll report back

My one and only suggestion would be that the event get scheduled the first couple of weeks in November.

It is difficult to get away before or after Thanksgiving.

The boss does not approve.......

Would like to shoot for Nov 8th and 9th. If that doesn't work .maybe October

October might be GS Nats again 2019. I would like to attend in November because any sooner we would all die from heat stroke. Early November as mentioned because time off around thanksgiving for normal civilians is hard. 2 day event would be best. Is that track relaxed about no cage since it’s private rental? Asking for a friend