TAI Class for 2008 BG Nationals

Safety equipment is based on speed cars attain. You need to have the safety equipment like helmets and bars if the cars performance meets that. Whether the track enforces the rules or not.. that is another story.

I dont care about turbo size, or slicks.. if having 70 MM or 71 MM turbo's add 4 cars to the class.. then it adds more competition.

Here is my view on this, I am waiting to go to one of the GN events but I don't fit in any class because the rules are so jacked up about weight??

Is the #3400 minimum with driver or the car itself??

And I find it funny that guys are so concerned about weight when you could be racing a guy with a T70 turbo and max ported TA aluminum heads. Oh, look out for my scary 3300# TA49 GN with a fiberglass hood and trunk now. :rolleyes: :tongue:

I would try to make it so you can fill the class, that would mean ditching some of the ticky tack rules like weight. Just deduct a tenth for every hundred lbs someone is under the limit, not make it to where they can not run at all. You can do this for turbo size also, T70 is 2 tenth reduction over the GT67 turbo limit etc.

This way you can get more GN's to participate but make it fair for those who don't have the big power goodies. :cool:

turbos are direclty related to a car POTENTIAL output.
Wieght is the only way to control competition so no one car runs away with
the field.
If you get one guy that runs 10.00 and you run 11.50,You will most likely not run thinking you have no chance.

3400#s would be with a driver

I would love to run in this class but I can not compete with a 9.9 car...I know real racing is heads up, which I prefer to run, but 9.9 versus low 11 isn't even a contest. Grumpy could run a 3.0 60' and chase any 11 second car down. Might want to keep that in mind.
Thanks! Jason

Jason ...remember the finals for the cars that ran TAI ?? one dialed in a 12.00 and the other a 11.50... both were 10 sec cars :eek:

Grump I know you want to keep your 67mm 1) cause your combo is all set up already for it.

Actually we HAD a 66 and then spent more $$$$ and got a 67 :cool:

the field.
If you get one guy that runs 10.00 and you run 11.50,You will most likely not run thinking you have no chance.

good points Otto :cool:

hey guy's,the only way 9,10,11,12second cars are going to compete against one another is in a bracket race.as each buick racer sets there car up differently, some have bigger budgets than others and the only way to level the uneven field is to bracket where the slower car can compare to a faster one.this way there could be more cars in the class,less rules to slow the really fast cars down,and less time officials spend policeing the cars and people.i agree the key to winning is staying together,and i do agree that the people that will be racing in the class should come together to make the rules.

sorry the way I feel is if ya want to bracket race jump in one of the reg bracket programs .. things can get really ugly at the end of the 1/4 mile with brakes being locked up:eek:

Subscribed!!!!!

I'm interested in the class, but the rules need to be set. Count me out if no front mount or FAST. My current turbo is an old TE-45A, but upgrading soon....:rolleyes: Working on the cage and need the trans rebuilt.:frown:
John

the field.

Exactly.

Qualifying ET 11.50 or quicker? That would weed out cars more suited to the "bracket" classes.

I'm still against 70-71 turbos. We should keep the speeds/ets within reach of high 10 cars. We get 70 turbos and there goes half the cars who were close runnin high 10s. That will make the field smaller in my opinion...... Doesn't really matter to me much, I already have a 71 and have no problem using it...:) I would rather not but.........

ET reduction for differant turbos? WOW........Roll eyes guy...

the first 2 years this class was run the drives decide the rules ALL DRIVES THAT COMPETED!!!!!!!

HEADS UP IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!! TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!

IT GOT REAL BAD LAST YEAR, THANK GOD!!!!! NO ONE GOT HURT

Both cars had problems last year both had run 10's before, but just wasn't happening on race day. the fastest car doen't always win

I had a blown head and melissa had brake trouble????????

any thing can happen!!!!!

we have to have rules!!!!!!

weigh ,turbo, and gas!!!!!!!

lets keep it simple!!!!!!!!

just my opinion JD

We still have to decide if hybrids are allowed
As long as they make weight and all other rules
a/c,full exh,etc...

We still have to decide if hybrids are allowed
As long as they make weight and all other rules
a/c,full exh,etc...

if it weighs enough,has a 67 turbo and puts 10 gallons of 93 in with everyone else, WAY NOT!!!!!

thanks JD

if it weighs enough,has a 67 turbo and puts 10 gallons of 93 in with everyone else, WAY NOT!!!!!

thanks JD
I agree,It also wont be even in the ball park this year and might not even qualify:wink:

Point is, I always hear about how classes don't get filled and the more rules you make, that have nothing to do with it being a street car, you are just going to limit the POTENTIAL pool down. :biggrin: Not saying there should be no rules, but which ones are ticky tacky.

This could be a class I could actually come and race in, but I bet there will be something later like, has to have AC, and crap like that. :frown:

this is Turbo Alcohol Injection TAI

if some one takes out the A/C and they don't make weight ,they have to put it weight back in any way???

like I said WEIGHT IS WEIGHT!!!!!!

TSM has a limit on there turbo's has had it for year's but I don't think it started out with that, we have to start some where right!!

thanks JD

YA,but this allows guys to start shifting weight to get a better edge and a better hook.
These are street cars that came with a/c.My vote is it has to be there

If Hybrid's are allowed i would be intereted also. I've been Thinking about putting together a 1979 Hurst Olds Hybrid. :)

then may be we should call it TRUE STREET ALCOHOL?????????

TSA sounds pretty cool!!!!!!!

I know it doesn't matter , just something I was thinking about??

thanks JD :p :p