TAI Class for 2008 BG Nationals

how do ya get a 3400# car with no fiberglass??? are plain jane GNs that light with no power anything ??? :confused: although I think RX7s are somewhere around 3400 :p oh no front mounts !!! those are to "race car ish" :biggrin: thinkin about fiberglass parts ... does it really matter if the car weigh's in what it is suppose to ??? is this weight with driver to???

I would say whatever wastegate you wanna run......

Internal or external wastegates allowed?

WEIGHT IS WEIGHT SCALES DON'T LIE, WHO CARES ABOUT FIBERGLASS AS LONG AS IT IS WITHIN THE NUMBERS WITH DRIVER.

NOT YELLING THE CAPS BOTTON IS BROKEN!!!! :rolleyes:

I THINK WASTEGATE IS YOUR CHOICE

THANKS JD

WEIGHT IS WEIGHT SCALES DON'T LIE, WHO CARES ABOUT FIBERGLASS AS LONG AS IT IS WITHIN THE NUMBERS WITH DRIVER.

NOT YELLING THE CAPS BOTTON IS BROKEN!!!! :rolleyes:

I THINK WASTEGATE IS YOUR CHOICE

THANKS JD

:) We think too much alike....... You ALWAYS yell!! ;)

I can hear you from here....... :D

(Oh yeah! NO roll bar or cage! Lets keep that stock apearing while where at it,,) QUOTE

WHATS WRONG WITH BEING SAFE???

THANKS JD

Yea, no bar here either......I wish it had one but that never stopped me before.....

It might stop me someday.....:(

:) We think too much alike....... You ALWAYS yell!! ;)

I can hear you from here....... :D

NO I JUST HAVE A LOUD VOICE!!!!! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

WOULD REALLY BE NICE TO HAVE A FULL FEILD OF 16!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!

AND JUST REMEMBER LIKE GRUMPY SAID EARLIER THE FASTEST CAR DOESN'T ALWAYS WIN!!!!!!!! :D :D

ok so the weight is the weight :biggrin: I am workin (or should I say thinkin) on tha Mazda.. it is very heavy for a little car :eek: I think the main thing is to limit it to a 67 turbo and the wussy 200R4 .. hey they are street cars ... guys with the 70's just jump in TSM .. ok enuff flappin by me for the night ... goin to take a trip now.. c ya :eek:

I would love to run in this class but I can not compete with a 9.9 car...I know real racing is heads up, which I prefer to run, but 9.9 versus low 11 isn't even a contest. Grumpy could run a 3.0 60' and chase any 11 second car down. Might want to keep that in mind.

And what is the weight limit? My TTA weighs 3590 with extra equipment added and no weight savings at all.

Thanks! Jason

ok so the weight is the weight :biggrin: I am workin (or should I say thinkin) on tha Mazda.. it is very heavy for a little car :eek: I think the main thing is to limit it to a 67 turbo and the wussy 200R4 .. hey they are street cars ... guys with the 70's just jump in TSM .. ok enuff flappin by me for the night ... goin to take a trip now.. c ya :eek:
Not all the guys with 70's jump into TSM! I have a 70mm and would like to compete in this class and my car weighs close to 3780lbs with me. I think the weight diff would off-set those extra 3mm.. Grump I know you want to keep your 67mm 1) cause your combo is all set up already for it. 2) so you don't have to buy a 70mm. I understand totally! I guess IF there is a restriction on a certian size turbo (But as of now there is NO RESTRICTION!) I will buy a 67mm. I was told with my set up a smaller turbo would be better anyway..:)

Aftermarket ecu OK

What if aluminum head and 70 turbo.
You say either makes you weigh 3550 ut what if you have both?

Not all the guys with 70's jump into TSM! I have a 70mm and would like to compete in this class and my car weighs close to 3780lbs with me. I think the weight diff would off-set those extra 3mm.. Grump I know you want to keep your 67mm 1) cause your combo is all set up already for it. 2) so you don't have to buy a 70mm. I understand totally! I guess IF there is a restriction on a certian size turbo (But as of now there is NO RESTRICTION!) I will buy a 67mm. I was told with my set up a smaller turbo would be better anyway..:)

Put your car on a diet Scott.........I'll have to buy a turbo too......I have a 71X.....

70GTQs will bring low/mid 140s which in my opinion is too fast for the class. It'll turn potential racers with low 11 high 10 cars away and we should avoid that at all costs. Someone with a high 10 sec car and a clue how to race a pro tree might just stay together all week and win the whole thing...... We should keep it in the 130s, low 10 high 9 zone and have fun. We don't need 70 turbos in my opinion.

Since most run 67s, I say we stay with those.....More thoughts?

hey guy's,the only way 9,10,11,12second cars are going to compete against one another is in a bracket race.as each buick racer sets there car up differently, some have bigger budgets than others and the only way to level the uneven field is to bracket where the slower car can compare to a faster one.this way there could be more cars in the class,less rules to slow the really fast cars down,and less time officials spend policeing the cars and people.i agree the key to winning is staying together,and i do agree that the people that will be racing in the class should come together to make the rules.

Put your car on a diet Scott.........I'll have to buy a turbo too......I have a 71X.....

70GTQs will bring low/mid 140s which in my opinion is too fast for the class. It'll turn potential racers with low 11 high 10 cars away and we should avoid that at all costs. Someone with a high 10 sec car and a clue how to race a pro tree might just stay together all week and win the whole thing...... We should keep it in the 130s, low 10 high 9 zone and have fun. We don't need 70 turbos in my opinion.

Since most run 67s, I say we stay with those.....More thoughts?
This is a class basically for street cars running 93 pump gas and alky Right? Well I may have a 70mm but keep in mind it's tuned for the street and I'll be driving my car 4hrs to get there. I really don't think you will see my car or many daily Street driven cars going into 140mph range! My car would be lucky to see Low 10's and I'm not into putting my car on a diet just to go faster- " It's a daily driven street car"! and it's going to stay that way. Just because it's got a 70mm don't let that scare you it's never been into the 9's like someone I know! and your the one fighting to keep the 67mm! :rolleyes:

Last year in BG I went 123mph with my street tune and the crummy falcon skinny street tires with no boost off the line.

My best so far this year with slicks is 6.76 @ 104 1/8th 60' 1.59

*Any turbo goes so far* :smile:

Subscribed.
I'm in but do not have a roll bar/cage and do not intend on putting one in. I do need to get my DS loop in though:biggrin:
Bryan