TAI Class for 2008 BG Nationals

V4's, stock manifolds, 92+alky....this is my kind of class!!

I'm interested in the class, i'd be doing the 'drive 600 miles in my car, race, win :tongue: , drive back 600 miles W/O anything broke!' :eek:

We'll see how things play out, but im interested in the class. I'd like to be able to run slicks. Along with must have AC, I took the AC compressor out because it took a dump, but really i can one back in.

-Adam

well can't get to crazy with rules ... would really like to get some cars in it :p

well can't get to crazy with rules ... would really like to get some cars in it :p

The only rules that i'm not alright with is the only DOT's. I run MT ET Streets 275/50/15, but since i cant launch higher then 5 psi, i want to get some slicks and give them a whirl. Besides that all the rules from last year is fine. My comment about AC, just dont pay any attention to it.

-Adam

I would like to see these certian items changed:

1) be able to run a modified stock ECM at least.
2) Allow MAF less to run.
3) Aluminum heads for cars above 3550lbs or more.
4) Turbo size? In all the rules I just read it never said a max size on turbo unless it was decided last minute. If it was 67mm allow a 70mm for the most heavier cars in the whole class. we need to equal out the weight differance.

I agree on everything else! I have working ice cold a/c, stereo system, T-tops, power seats, p-windows. I have No fiberglass at all in my car and i'm near 3,700-3,800lbs.

Keep it a DOT drag radial only and call it a day.

I drive mine 4hrs from TN to BG and back and forth from the track to the hotel every day so I really agree with it must being a street car.

Scot W.

Is it only open to regals or tta?
Or as long as the weight and V6 are there?

Is it only open to regals or tta?
Or as long as the weight and V6 are there?

Both.. actually i'd like to see any LC2 powered car that meets the weight and fuel capacity requirement. But its not my call.

Also... what do you guys think about the bracket/heads up deal. Do both.. or just one.. :confused:

Also... what do you guys think about the bracket/heads up deal. Do both.. or just one.. :confused:

heads up !!!! remember Melissa and JD last year when he hit the brake's ???!!! :eek: !!!! THAT ALMOST GOT REALLY UGLY !!! if ya want to bracket race go in the reg Buick bracket program :cool: yes there will be some fast cars there BUT they have to be running at the end of the day :p
We have a Quick Street " thing up here ... 16 car field ... maybe 3 break qualifying.. then after the first round ya loose some more to breakage .. fastest car very seldom won :rolleyes:
I would like to use whatever tire ya want.. as far as street cars .. we drove Melissa's all week down at BG .. dropped the trailer off Tuesday and loaded back up Saturday .. Would really like to keep it as a street car class ... then on the other hand how many will actually show up :confused:

Funny

I was thinking of going to BG, but I am running a 70 GTQ and I am not planning on downsizing...:eek:
Working on some changes as I did $hit last summer...
Read my sig. and some says it...

Sounds interesting Grumpy

:D J B ,,I am sure they will bend the turbo rule if a guy is ready to drive 17 hours to compete with the best

What turbo rule :D

If its got the 109 block.. meets the weight.. and fills up with pump gas like everyone.. I mean with everyone.. then whats the problem :D

Previous year we had the issue guy comes up.."I filled up yesterday".. or the other.. car had a 5 gallon fuel cell.. these are some of the probs..

"109" block... does it matter were 109 is on the block ??? :p oh we do have the stock intake for it.. just playing around with this other factory intake (to much "bling" for us)... ok so who is checking the "109" # :confused: I have some good med's I could share :eek: oh those 3 bolts hangin out are to support the 6" down pipe ;)

Attachments

• TTA#1.jpg
    TTA#1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 667
I think it should be a lot like TSM only I think we should limit turbo size to the 67. Try and keep the speeds somewhere on the planet.......

I also agree on how we did it the first year and all must go to the same gas station in the am and put atleast 10 gal of 93 in the tank. Witnessed by all in the field.

Here's my opinion on what I'd like to see.

Head up racing ONLY!

109 block
2004R transmissions only
67 or smaller turbo (3 bolt)
Transbrakes, boost controllers, 2 step rev limiters allowed
Aftermarket shifters allowed
Slicks allowed
Aluminum heads (Min weight 3550#)
Iron heads (Min weight 3400#)
Headers allowed
Downpipe 3.5" max
Stock or aftermarket computer allowed
AC equipment in place
Full interior
Through the exhaust

What else?

I think it should be a lot like TSM only I think we should limit turbo size to the 67. Try and keep the speeds somewhere on the planet.......

I also agree on how we did it the first year and all must go to the same gas station in the am and put atleast 10 gal of 93 in the tank. Witnessed by all in the field.

Head up racing ONLY!

109 block
2004R transmissions only
Slicks allowed
Headers allowed
Downpipe 3.5" max
AC equipment in place
Full interior
Through the exhaust

What else?

Here is my take on it!

Head up racing ONLY! - (FINE!)

109 block - (FINE!)
2004R transmissions only - (FINE!)
67 or smaller turbo (3 bolt) - (70mm Turbo for cars over 3550#)
Transbrakes, boost controllers, 2 step rev limiters allowed -(Just trans brake and the RJC boost controler!)
Aftermarket shifters allowed - (FINE!)
Slicks allowed - (FINE!)
Aluminum heads (Min weight 3550#) - (FINE!)
Iron heads (Min weight 3400#) - (FINE!)
Headers allowed - (FINE!)
Downpipe 3.5" max - (FINE!)
Stock or aftermarket computer allowed - (Only stock or mod stock ECM / NO STAND ALLONE!)
AC equipment in place - (FINE! and working! :) )
Full interior - (FINE!)
Through the exhaust - (FINE!)
** NO FIBERGLASS** Other than what came stock.
Oh yeah! NO roll bar or cage! Lets keep that stock apearing while where at it,,

Scot W.

Head up racing ONLY!

109 block
2004R transmissions only
Slicks allowed
Headers allowed
Downpipe 3.5" max
AC equipment in place
Full interior
Through the exhaust

What else?

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON LET'S SHOW EVERYONE WHAT REAL STREET CARS CAN DO!!!!!!!!

I'M IN!!!!!!!! :D :D :D