TAI Class for 2008 BG Nationals

why aren't the damm rules posted here ???!!:mad: easier to bitch in here :p hybrids are allowed if they make the weight from what I understood.. although I would like to see it only for 87 GN's with drag lite wheels and a V4 intercooler and and and :biggrin:

Rules for TAI 2008. - GS Nationals - Race - GS Nationals - Buick GS Club of America - Message Board - Yuku

No hybrids unless there is low participation and those in the class dont object.

Hybrids will have 2 classes already.. geesh :tongue:

But at least there ya go.. simple no frills rules.

One more item to note.. the second portion of the class is only to be run if there are enough cars to run it. Meaning if 9 cars show up.. the Quick8 will fit them in.. the guy that has the 9th car.. sorry.. thats racing.

At this time based on promises from sponsors.. looks like $750-1000 for 1st place TAI and $250 for second.

"IF" there is enough participation to run the other portion.. then we'll do it.

Hows that :confused: :D

For those that dont like to "hyper link"

Class is for the Turbo Regal or 1989 Turbo Trans Am
vehicles (No Hybrids).

1) Car must run 93 octane through its main fuel
injectors. 10 gallons of fuel must fit into gas tank
day of race at the host gas station.

2) Car must weigh 3450 with driver iron heads or 3550
with driver aluminum heads.

3) Any tire combination allowed up to a 29x10 size.

4) Car must be registered and insured as it will need
to be driven to the host gas station for fill-up.

5) Turbo size limit is 75MM.

6) Block must be a production 109 block.

7) Safety equipment must meet the cars intended
performance level as set by the NHRA.

8) Any liquid can be used for the injection.

9) Nitrous and propane are allowed.

10) No switchable fuel systems will be allowed.

Format day of race.

Participants will run 2 qualifying runs. The fastest 8
participants will be part of the "Quick 8" program.
The Quick 8 will be then run on a protree format.

Those racers not meeting the eligibilty of the Quick 8
will run a consistancy program. Meaning they take the
2 qualifying runs, run 2 more rounds and the score
will be the difference bewteen the fastest and slowest
run. The vehicle will the least deviation on the 4
runs will be named the winner. In the case of a tie,
reaction times will be used to designate a winner.

Peer tech and fill up will be done at a host gas
station Friday May16th in the AM. Weight will be
checked after every round

K so I'm confused...I thought the turbo limit was supposed to be 76?? Is there even a 75 turbo out there?? Or is it a typo??

K so I'm confused...I thought the turbo limit was supposed to be 76?? Is there even a 75 turbo out there?? Or is it a typo??
Too much complaining on turbo sizes.. so its a 75 since it doesnt exist and doesnt require tech. Easy.

Show up and race. ;)

Gotcha...I think...then why didn't you just say 70.

Nevermind, it doesn't really matter now.

No Hybrids :rolleyes: great... I just put the stage2 in my Mazda and went to the bother of adding a "109" to the block :mad:

Gotcha...I think...then why didn't you just say 70.

Nevermind, it doesn't really matter now.

Colin.. let it go.. cuase then someone says 71.. then someone says 72.. then ... If you want to read through 13 pages.. you'll understand.. everytime someone said 76.. OMG.. the anti-Christ turbo.. so.. make it 75.

Gotta spool it.. run it on 93.. and make it run the number.

Ok.. so who's racing.. is the payout enough? :redface:

I did read all 13 pages...As it was happening...And I did say nevermind.

Colin.. let it go.. cuase then someone says 71.. then someone says 72.. then ... If you want to read through 13 pages.. you'll understand.. everytime someone said 76.. OMG.. the anti-Christ turbo.. so.. make it 75.

Gotta spool it.. run it on 93.. and make it run the number.

Ok.. so who's racing.. is the payout enough? :redface:

I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 TTA ready and able!!!!

How much more do you think you can get from other SPONSORS , ie: SMC, devils own , snow perf. about time some of these other guy's step up!!!!!!

thanks JD

hmmmmm... only thing I can add is that "hybrids" were goin to be allowed as long as you met the weight:confused: Poor Otto has been busting his butt and now the car is running and he can't go in it .. what made that change ?? or something like a Mazda ??? both cars have a buick motor and meet the weight :frown:

Its a depends on participation deal day of race. There are two other Hybrid classes.. and the classes TSM, TSO, TSE, etc have all been "Regal" hence why they want to keep this one "Regal" the addition was we got the TTA in the door on this one two years ago.

Bring the Mazda.. Otto can bring the Cutlas and we'll see. but not the initial intent of the class.. Hey we can get Otto a beat up Regal and transfer all his stuff over. At least we're not asking the cars must be VIN 7.

Cant make everyone happy, not my call on the hybrids.. glad at least we have a class for all. The fastest car not always wins.. it must run round after round.. after round.. so a 12 second car can take this. Just like TSM with cars breaking..

TTYL

Julio

Ill resend ya everything thats on Melissa's car for the rules in case you misplaced them :p
lol :biggrin: Looks like you should have sent everything thats on the Mazda instead!! lol :biggrin:

Well at least the 70mm is in!!!!

I'm not feeling rule #7. No roll cage here. Are they actually gonna enforce this?

lol :biggrin: Looks like you should have sent everything thats on the Mazda instead!! lol :biggrin:

Well at least the 70mm is in!!!!

yup ya have a point there... although very little difference between them .. Mazda is a great parts car :p