TAI Class for 2008 BG Nationals

This is not meant to be an attack but yes, you did miss something. I see that guys point. The TTA is a hybrid also and should have to race in the hybrid class. The hybrids also have the same drivetrain as the TTA.

Stupid rule IMO.

Depends on how you define hybrid...

TTA is a factory configuration....no matter how rare.

A car with the drivetrain transplanted from a donor car seems to be what a hybrid is being defined as.

There will still be a hybrid class..right? Don't you wish there were enough people to seperate the class into a TAI class and a whatever other class for hybrids?

Nothing will ever make everybody happy.:frown:

Well **** if that's the case then you shouldn't be able to go buy a NA Regal and put a turbo motor in it to go TAI Racing.

This is not meant to be an attack but yes, you did miss something. I see that guys point. The TTA is a hybrid also and should have to race in the hybrid class. The hybrids also have the same drivetrain as the TTA.

Stupid rule IMO.

Will you be racing in this class? If not.. then it shouldnt bother you. No offense.

Only those that will show up to BG and race their cars need to be posting. If not.. opinions at this point two months away.. arent needed.

I sent my Money to the GSCA for sponsorship...

The rules came out too late for us to put a car together so I shut up. I will however honor my $250 sponsor pledge but not send it to the GSCA. I will be happy to send it to Razor or whoever he tells me to send it to.
Mike

The rules came out too late for us to put a car together so I shut up. I will however honor my $250 sponsor pledge but not send it to the GSCA. I will be happy to send it to Razor or whoever he tells me to send it to.
Mike

Mike,
Send it to the GSCA. It must be there by this Friday so your credited on the newsletter. If you need contact info.. let me know and i'll help you. You dont need to send the money if you dont have it today, but do need to fill out the pledge form :)

Thanks for your support.

PS.. all you need is a running car with an alky kit.. maybe nobody shows :eek: Walk out with a big ol check and your 13 second car.

I won't be running this year, I can't get the car together in time and have to take care of a sick dog.

I pretty much have the new motor dialed in with Eric's wideband chip. Dual nozzle is working perfectly. Can't wait.

Can we get an official "early" car count for the class?

So far:
Myself
JD
Russ
Melissa

Who else? Don't post if you think you may run. Post if you know for sure.

Can we get an official "early" car count for the class?

So far:
Myself
JD
Russ
Melissa

Who else? Don't post if you think you may run. Post if you know for sure.

Melissa just moved into her new place today :eek: Car has taken a "back seat" here for now :frown: She said to me a house is more important than a car :confused: I thought I brought her up better than that :p

Dan, all you can do is bring em up as best as possible and hope for the best. In your case it didn't work out. House over a car? People make mistakes. Why would you put your money in something that's gonna make money? Rent and race, that's the way to go.

So yall going or what?

So yall going or what?

Well she has a lot goin on right now to be bothered with the car :redface: Let's see what happeneds in a month or so :confused: Been slacking off on the Mazda to since they can't run in the Alky class :eek:

Will Definately be THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

who else will be THERE!!!!!!!

TIC TOC TIC TOC!!!!!!!

thanks JD

Maybe I missed it, but is the class running Fri. like years past or Sat. with the big dawgs.

I intend on running this year again, but I have some things to work out 1st before I'm a definite.

Maybe I missed it, but is the class running Fri. like years past or Sat. with the big dawgs.

I intend on running this year again, but I have some things to work out 1st before I'm a definite.

I belive that fri. is for qualifiying and finals will be on sat.

thanks JD

A lot will depend on weather and turnout. If we have good weather and a decent TAI turnout.. then yes for finals on Saturday will be what i'll push for.

;)

This will be my first year running alky and my first year actually racing at the Nats. Is a 14 sec car allowed in the class? :)

I did read the first few pages of this thread but got lost in all the talks on the rules, changes and people that like and don't like them.

SOOOO

What's the FINAL rules? Maybe grumpy should edit his first post and put them in there so there's no confusion on what exactly the rules are/will be.