Committment list for Noble 2009

Will: Thanks for the report on Bones. Good guy with a very fast car. Hope he can get it put back together and run with us at Noble.

Phil Engle

If Bones doesn't come, John Schmidt will just have to bring both of his cars to replace Bones' :tongue:

I'm talking with and trying to get this guy to show up and piss off the Ford camp. :biggrin:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGvIwfi3vcc[/YOUTUBE]

hi fellow buick brothers,
i'm bobby don (the ole man with the slo buick)
just wanted you'all to know that i am "TURBO-T" on the commitment list
from so.il.i drive the twin turbo car "CATEGORY6"
i will be making my first visit to the shootout this year.we ran 8.08 @ 168.18 at bpg
in columbus.we were the number 1 qualifer and they gave us nothing.they said that they gave $100 to the fastest car in eliminations.(not qualifying) have you ever heard of anything like that before?any way wanted to get that posted so people could see what bpg is all about.can't wait to let the big dog eat at noble.
take care guys i'm racing at oceola,indiana this weekend, ( midwest buick challange) i'm being sponsered by PRECISION TURBO. then noble is next!
YOUR FRIEND,
bobby don (the ole man with the slo buick)

i will be making my first visit to the shootout this year.we ran 8.08 @ 168.18 at bpg
in columbus.we were the number 1 qualifer and they gave us nothing.they said that they gave $100 to the fastest car in eliminations.(not qualifying) have you ever heard of anything like that before?any way wanted to get that posted so people could see what bpg is all about.can't wait to let the big dog eat at noble.
take care guys i'm racing at oceola,indiana this weekend, ( midwest buick challange) i'm being sponsered by PRECISION TURBO. then noble is next!
YOUR FRIEND,
I am (as well as many others I am sure) looking forward to meeting you and see you run at Noble. I am really hoping that this is our (finally) year again. Between cars like yours and the TSM guys that are scheduled to be there, this should be our year. I think I can speak for everyone here in saying that I really appreciate the efforts of those who are going above and beyond the call for this event.

The Oklahoma Buick Club is first class and I think that you will have a good time either way as do we.

Best of luck in Indiana!

what time does the race start on Saturday? I know the gates open at 8am. I will be heading back to Kansas from Frisco, TX that morning and will probably stop by.

what time does the race start on Saturday? I know the gates open at 8am. I will be heading back to Kansas from Frisco, TX that morning and will probably stop by.
Usually the pairings square off sometime around 3:00-3:30 that afternoon. Qualifying usually ends sometime around 1:00. Mr. Walker may have a better feel for the projected attendance numbers that may alter those times. They try their best to finish the event before nightfall so that the track does not go away before the big boys run.

well I guess I can watch the time trials and visit. If I leave there at 2pm I will get home around 10.

Does the track let you keep your car overnight after the Friday test and tune? I believe they it was an option the 2 times I did go ('03/'04). I actually didn't have to since I lived only 30mins away the two years I did go but I think I do remeber folks leaving their car/trailer overnight. As long as security is good, I have no problems doing that.:)

Has Dan made a comitment to go and cook? I'll ride with him since mines in pieces still and help with the cooking Carl. Just need him to say yea or nay.

YOUR FRIEND,

AWESOME

:biggrin:

And yes, Dan told me he is coming to cook and talk crap.

Does the track let you keep your car overnight after the Friday test and tune? I believe they it was an option the 2 times I did go ('03/'04). I actually didn't have to since I lived only 30mins away the two years I did go but I think I do remeber folks leaving their car/trailer overnight. As long as security is good, I have no problems doing that.:)

There wil be several people who stay at the track and quite a few of us leave our cars there overnight and bum a ride to Ruby's or wherever you stay.

Phil Engle

Last year as well and just about every year I have gone. So there shouldn't be a problem.

SuperCPA has his RV there every year overnight.

I am subscribed to this thread with instant notification and get notified of about 1 post in 5.

Any explanation for this?

Phil Engle

A bunch of us left our cars and trailers in the pits last year to secure a decent parking spot for Saturday, I'll probably do the same this year.
HTH

It notifies you of a new post. The others that follow BEFORE you read the one you were notified of will not show up until after you read that first one.
...or so I beleive.