Update from our list:

KS JASON FARNSWORTH <-- will be there
KS JEREMY HELTON <-- will be there
KS JASON STUCKY <-- will be there spectating
KS SHADOW WILLIAMS <-- no go
KS CHRIS GRIM <--will be there
KS TONY BREWSTER<-- no go
KS CHRIS GRISHAM<-- no go

As for the track and NHRA rules being enforced...helmets and pants are a no brainier, but fire jackets? Never have been required to have a fire jacket, do not own one, and can't really get one on a moments notice. Would a hoodie be allowed? I know its no where near the approved fire jacket...but its something that covers the arms etc.

I had heard that out of state participants for the event got in for free, but if they wanted to race, they of course had to pay. This true?

See ya all tomorrow.

~F~

Is there going to be a video of the race made this year like last year !! I deeply enjoyed the video that was made last year!!

I raced for Ford in years past but sold my Mustang last month. I decided to switch teams and drag this old beater out of my shop. Last week was the first time it's moved since last October. I had to put a new battery in it, dust it off and drive the old gas out of it. I've never had it down the track, but I really love this event. I really hope this thing runs a 15. This is going to be so embarrassing. If someone sees the "Student Driver" front license plate, stop by and show me how to raise the boost on this dog.

IMG_1249.jpg

At the track. GO TEAM BUICK!! Hopefully I will get to run next year. Any Turbobuick.com members here say hi if you see me, my shirt matches my avatar.
Jay.

Ford 52, Buick 31 ... but I was 1 of the 31 wins!

Going from tied 29-29 to losing 23 of the final 25 races really shows how Ford brought their heavy hitters this year. The car count was very close too with only 4 extra Fords racing each other in the finals. But DAMN they need to shut qualifications down earlier. At 3 hours shorter it would have still been an awesome event.

Well really hoping for team Buick to pull 3 in a row. Hopefully next year we can compete with you guys.

Final score was Fords 52, Buicks 31. To paraphrase an Abe Lincoln joke, "Other than that, Mr. Walker , how did you enjoy the Shootout"?

Congrats to the whole event crew and all the racers. I had a great time but my butt was dragging at the end of the day. Think I sat down for about 20 minutes all day and I'll remember to bring some suntan lotion next year.

The Fords came in big numbers with some fast cars. Only 5 of our 20 fastest cars from last year returned this year and one of those didn't run due to mechanical problems.

Qualifiying took longer than normal but racing sometimes involves delays caused by oil downs and broken cars. I'm all for ordering cooler, not cold, weather for next year.

Phil Engle

It would be great if any future dates for this very fun event could be scheduled so it doesn't conflict with Bowling Green like this year. I believe there were a lot of very fast cars missing for team Buick this year due to that fact...

The Darkside

I didn't realize it conflicted with bowling green. We are here in oklahoma, ran at the shootout yesterday & heading to kentucky tomorrow. Had a good time other than a few problems with the car. Pulled it all together in the end. Had to borrow an XFI box from my friend Jim who had to use it three races before me. Need I say it was a mad rush in the staging lanes changing computers & programs from one car to the other. I was worth the effort as Jim & I both won our races when neither of us had a chance. Jim's oponent red-lit & My oponent spun. Both fords were a full second faster than us.

I didn't realize it conflicted with bowling green. We are here in oklahoma, ran at the shootout yesterday & heading to kentucky tomorrow. Had a good time other than a few problems with the car. Pulled it all together in the end. Had to borrow an XFI box from my friend Jim who had to use it three races before me. Need I say it was a mad rush in the staging lanes changing computers & programs from one car to the other. I was worth the effort as Jim & I both won our races when neither of us had a chance. Jim's oponent red-lit & My oponent spun. Both fords were a full second faster than us.

John: I tried like crazy to get you an XFI so you wouldn't have to make that rushed change. I did in advertainly get you some you some extra time as the #3 qualifier was someone I invited to race with us and he broke his on launching and that got you a few extra minutes.:biggrin:

Go to see you and your family, Jim and Andrew.

Wish all of you a safe and enjoyable week in Bowling Green.

It would be great if any future dates for this very fun event could be scheduled so it doesn't conflict with Bowling Green like this year. I believe there were a lot of very fast cars missing for team Buick this year due to that fact...

The Darkside

I don't see the conflict since BG is next weekend.

A couple of our top 20 guys have sold their cars, a few more had mechanical/electronic problems, one made a trip from Maine last year which is not an annual trek for him.
The biggest reason appears to be that 5 or more went to Tulsa Raceway for the last big money event that will take place there since the track is closing down after next weekend.

Yeah I am sunburned too, but I had a great time. Got to meet some cool guys and get some good grub this morning @ Ruby's.

Next year I'll be in the GN one way or another, although I was happy to run in the 11s in my LS1. I have a little bit of video, but I didn't get nearly as much as last year. That tire smoke makes it really hard for my camcorder to focus, so I didn't get a lot of runs that I wanted to get.

Also, did they go over the courtesy staging stuff @ the driver's meeting? I didn't hear it, but maybe I missed it. That idiot that beat me straight up double bulbed me and wouldn't move back when the track crew was telling him to. I hope I get to race him again next year, I'll have a trick or two for him :D

See you guys next year.

John: I tried like crazy to get you an XFI so you wouldn't have to make that rushed change. I did in advertainly get you some you some extra time as the #3 qualifier was someone I invited to race with us and he broke his on launching and that got you a few extra minutes.:biggrin:

Go to see you and your family, Jim and Andrew.

Wish all of you a safe and enjoyable week in Bowling Green.

Phil,

Any idea when the individual match results will be up?

Also, what car was your opponent in? I'll try to find the video of you and post it. I know I have you, John Plog, and Jim's passes on camera...

Will: Usually takes about a week for the result listing to be posted.

FYI, I went back to last years top 20 cars and only 5 of those returned and one of those had mechanical problems.

I raced a red Mustang and he was in the left lane.

Thanks for sharing the videos.

Phil Engle

Count me as one of the "heavy hitter" fast guys who sold their car. I was in attendance as a spectator as I feel even my measly spectator fee helps the event. I HATED spectating. LOL. Will be back next year with the new car I'm building if it's the last thing i do.

However being a spectator and actually having time to watch the goings on at the event instead of spending my time working on the car gave me some insights, most of which are disheartening. Lemme go through thme as I gotta get this stuff off my chest. Hopefully tough love is what's needed to kickstart some people into attending the event and also improving their racecraft at the tree.

First. I understand this event is scheduled at the end of the year but I too feel it's too close to BG and that it gets little to no attention from this or other boards until it's virtually time to go racing. That has to change. There are enough Fords out there that word of mouth gets their team enough entrants to be a force. On our side there are far fewer BOP racers out there and asking them to choose between BG and this event is asking too much of alot of people with limited racing budgets. I say either move the race date as BG did or best case scenario or promote Noble as one of THE races to go to all year. Personally I like this event over the nats if I had to choose as I really don't see how racing other Buicks is more fun than putting a beatdown on some Fords.I know it's not that way for others though. I understand the like minded enthusiasm of going to the nats and celebrating Buicks but for a racer I feel Noble is far superior since racing a two plus decades old rival is more satisfying to me. How bout it people lets throw some ideas out there on PROMOTING Noble more so people WILL put it on their short list of racing event calenders.

Second. Racecraft. I can't tell you how many times I watched Buick guys get out foxed on the tree. Hey, like it or not Ford guys often are street racers and every weekend runners who know that you have to throw your opponent off their game sometimes to win. I watched Ford guys wait out a Buick guy til he got frustrated and went in then the Ford jumped in quick and didn't give the Buick time to spool before the tree came down. I saw Stang guys double bulb people as mentioned earlier, to hurry the Buick resulting in the same outcome. I saw guys trying way to hard at the line to build a little more boost in an effort to get a better time, pushing through the beams resulting in a loss before the race even started. I know everyone makes mistakes but these are things I see year in and year out. I had a racer I respected growing up tell me that red lighting, to him, was the single worst offense. He said you have no chance if you take yourself out of the race before it even starts. I follow that like gospel. I'd rather be a hundredth or two late than red light. To me it's a simple matter of routine and concentration to making a good start. I am usually feeling butterflies before every pass...til the burnout starts. Then I have no thoughts other than burnout, proper gear, breathe, focus, top bulb, wait for my opponent to hit the top bulb, then WAIT FOR HIS ASS TO LIGHT THE BOTTOM BULB no matter how long it takes cause I have seven seconds to get in myself, he lights the bottom, preload the converter and build boost(footbrake car I load it to launch PSI. Transbrake car I get it up to where the brakes are having problems or whatever I need to launch at if lower)when ready and clear headed light the bottom bulb, stab transbrake button if required and STARE at the tree like it's a hot chick with no top on and look for a flicker of yellow, see any light even think of making a flash and launch the car. Simple. I do this EVERY time with my turbo car and it's even easier with my big block as I can forget about setting boost levels. Still, I WILL NOT light the bottom bulb first. I WANT the control at the line of when we are gonna go and I will get it or we will run out of gas waiting.

That procedure works no matter what the car. If you can't spool to launch boost in seven seconds then something is wrong with your combo. If the brakes won't hold at high boost and your trying to time the tree, change your brake setup so it will or lower your boost so they will. A record et for your car should not come during elims if you have to try too hard at the light and turn on RED. If you wanna run a little better in elims then run qualifying at reduced power or shift early or something to save a couple tenths. I doubt anyone will hate on you as I saw plenty of Mustangs throw low class hazards after big sandbagging in qualifying.

Third. I don't have a third as those two were my one disheartening things about Noble and our team. Otherwise as always I enjoyed all the guys I talked to and loved, as usual, seeing all the Buicks getting it on in their natural environment.

OK, Rant over and I welcome discussion on this topic as I hold no claim to be "the man" on this subject. As a group we need to work on changes that will make us better for next year. I have fun and it's all good to be respectful and have good sportsmanship but if I strap on my helmet and it's competition, I'm gonna get serious and do my best til I take it off. I hate losing.

Yeah we got killed on the real fast cars but I had fun and got 2 points for the Buick team! :) I ran the Tow vehicle (05 Buick Rainier) and spanked a red Mustang GT. hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah

I had a bye run with the GN. after the Rainier they were to scared to run me again. lol

First. I understand this event is scheduled at the end of the year but I too feel it's too close to BG and that it gets little to no attention from this or other boards until it's virtually time to go racing. That has to change. There are enough Fords out there that word of mouth gets their team enough entrants to be a force. On our side there are far fewer BOP racers out there and asking them to choose between BG and this event is asking too much of alot of people with limited racing budgets. I say either move the race date as BG did or best case scenario or promote Noble as one of THE races to go to all year. Personally I like this event over the nats if I had to choose as I really don't see how racing other Buicks is more fun than putting a beatdown on some Fords.I know it's not that way for others though. I understand the like minded enthusiasm of going to the nats and celebrating Buicks but for a racer I feel Noble is far superior since racing a two plus decades old rival is more satisfying to me. How bout it people lets throw some ideas out there on PROMOTING Noble more so people WILL put it on their short list of racing event calenders.
Remember the Nats moved to Oct., Noble has always been that time of year.

Second. Racecraft. I can't tell you how many times I watched Buick guys get out foxed on the tree. Hey, like it or not Ford guys often are street racers and every weekend runners who know that you have to throw your opponent off their game sometimes to win. I watched Ford guys wait out a Buick guy til he got frustrated and went in then the Ford jumped in quick and didn't give the Buick time to spool before the tree came down. I saw Stang guys double bulb people as mentioned earlier, to hurry the Buick resulting in the same outcome.
So what happened to courtesy staging? If in the eliminations and you set the 2 bulbs without your opponent setting his first bulb that should be a DQ!

I saw guys trying way to hard at the line to build a little more boost in an effort to get a better time, pushing through the beams resulting in a loss before the race even started. I know everyone makes mistakes but these are things I see year in and year out. I had a racer I respected growing up tell me that red lighting, to him, was the single worst offense. He said you have no chance if you take yourself out of the race before it even starts. I follow that like gospel. I'd rather be a hundredth or two late than red light. To me it's a simple matter of routine and concentration to making a good start. I am usually feeling butterflies before every pass...til the burnout starts. Then I have no thoughts other than burnout, proper gear, breathe, focus, top bulb, wait for my opponent to hit the top bulb, then WAIT FOR HIS ASS TO LIGHT THE BOTTOM BULB no matter how long it takes cause I have seven seconds to get in myself, he lights the bottom, preload the converter and build boost(footbrake car I load it to launch PSI. Transbrake car I get it up to where the brakes are having problems or whatever I need to launch at if lower)when ready and clear headed light the bottom bulb, stab transbrake button if required and STARE at the tree like it's a hot chick with no top on and look for a flicker of yellow, see any light even think of making a flash and launch the car. Simple. I do this EVERY time with my turbo car and it's even easier with my big block as I can forget about setting boost levels. Still, I WILL NOT light the bottom bulb first. I WANT the control at the line of when we are gonna go and I will get it or we will run out of gas waiting.

That procedure works no matter what the car. If you can't spool to launch boost in seven seconds then something is wrong with your combo. If the brakes won't hold at high boost and your trying to time the tree, change your brake setup so it will or lower your boost so they will. A record et for your car should not come during elims if you have to try too hard at the light and turn on RED. If you wanna run a little better in elims then run qualifying at reduced power or shift early or something to save a couple tenths. I doubt anyone will hate on you as I saw plenty of Mustangs throw low class hazards after big sandbagging in qualifying.

Third. I don't have a third as those two were my one disheartening things about Noble and our team. Otherwise as always I enjoyed all the guys I talked to and loved, as usual, seeing all the Buicks getting it on in their natural environment.

OK, Rant over and I welcome discussion on this topic as I hold no claim to be "the man" on this subject. As a group we need to work on changes that will make us better for next year. I have fun and it's all good to be respectful and have good sportsmanship but if I strap on my helmet and it's competition, I'm gonna get serious and do my best til I take it off. I hate losing.

When racing the Stangs I never ever will set the second bulb first! We can set there all day and play cat and mouse I want that second last so i can build boost on the foot brake. works for me.