Back in the Buick world!

turbobuick

Staff member
It's been awhile but I am so excited about getting my old car back I wanted to share the story.

The last time I had been down the track was at the 2011 GSCA Nats in my 86 T-type that I did a complete frame off resto on, see thread below.

In the summer of 2012 I traded that T-type for a Stage 2 twin car that I had all kinds of ideas about racing that didn't work out. I ended up selling the roller and parting the rest out.

In 2010 I sold my TSO car to build a new 25.3 x275 drag radial GN. Two weeks ago I finally pulled the plug on the 25.3 project after getting it out of chassis shop hell and it then sitting in the body shop for a year untouched. I was done at that point, I had no more desire to even finish the car or to go racing especially at that level. My life had just changed and I am passed those times at this point. So I sold the roller to Tommy Robinson who is blazing the way to finishing it so we will hopefully get to see that car on a track someday soon.

After watching the Drag Radial GN get loaded up and leaving it dawned on me that I was Buickless for the first time since 1989! It had been close to 5 years since I had been on a drag strip and over 6 years since I last raced my TSO car.

Then I get a call on Monday from the gentleman I traded the 86 T-type to and he wants to know if I would like to buy it back at a "heck of a deal", well hell yeah! When we unload the car I was shocked, not only was it in the same condition as it was in when I sold it to him, the car still had my old vanity plates on it with the 11.01@120 timeslip in the console from the 2011 NATS!! The car was driven less than 50 miles in the last four years, it was like stepping back in time 4 years!

So I am back in action and really excited about having my T-type back and WAY more excited about getting back out and having fun with one again. In my best Al Pacino voice “Just when I thought I was out…they pull me back in.” lol

I am looking forward to catching up with old friends and planning to attend this year GSCA Nats along with the Norwalk Buick/Olds event.

http://turbobuick.com/threads/a-detailed-pictorial-of-my-86-t-type-resotration.320559/

Lol I forgot Archie has a grey T. I only remember the pimp sled at this point!

How have you been its been awhile, Archie still racing Buicks?

Lol that is at least 16x more than I have talked to him. I am planning to make this years NATS would be nice to meet up with you guys if you can make it down.

Thanks Neal, its hard to get away from them although that Hellcat you just bought could possibly change my mind lol!

Chris, I seem to recall we meeting each other in the past. Back a bunch of years ago? Is this so?

Either way. Good luck and welcome back.

Probably I've was pretty been pretty active in the Buick racing scene from 1995 till 2010. Did you have your car in the high 9's on alky at Englistown back in late 2009? I remember talking to a guy in the other lane who went high 9's on that combo when I was there with my TSO car.

Probably I've was pretty been pretty active in the Buick racing scene from 1995 till 2010. Did you have your car in the high 9's on alky at Englistown back in late 2009? I remember talking to a guy in the other lane who went high 9's on that combo when I was there with my TSO car.
No. Not even close.

I have been to most events at some point over 20 years or so, all up and down the east coast with J. Cotton. But it wasn't until about 2 years ago that my combo was working out well for general track use. Still, it's mostly a street car today. Not really legal for sub-10's. It's just real pretty for shows and bad-ass street intimidation factor.

But definitely we must have been hanging around each other at some point. Like so many other of us Buick people.