Commitment List for Noble - October 15th 2011

Quik Six

The Ford vs. Buick Shootout will be held on October 15, 2011 at Thunder Valley Raceway in Noble, Oklahoma and, as we have in the past, we will be maintaining and posting a list of those who commit to come to this event.

We hope that everyone who attended the 2010 event returns and that those who couldn't make it in 2010 are there in 2011 so we can make this event a threepeat.

I believed that the 2010 event would have the largest and fastest team that we've every had and we did have one of larger teams we've ever had and it was the fastest.

So plan your schedules to be in Noble on the 15th and then head to Bowling Green for the Buick Nationals the following week.

See you in Noble.

Phil Engle

phil, I will be at both put me down for a 10.50 run. Just going to need some help with my powerlogger:D and my 60ft times...:eek:

Maybe, we'll see. If anything, i'll spectate...

You're 40 miles away, go run that car again! We're hauling our junk from Texas, wouldn't miss this thing for the world! Remember, you qualified this year, and won your race! :tongue:

However the guy you raced is going to be in something a little faster in 2011, so better up the boost a little.

fo2ava.jpg

155605_462794184484_687514484_5388508_987453_n.jpg

149893_456656769484_687514484_5316216_4271067_n.jpg

149641_459788689484_687514484_5351218_667902_n.jpg

545 ci BBF in a Mustang.

Texas Street Cars :: View topic - The 83GT

Remember, as the Frods get faster, we gotta do the same! :biggrin:

I will be there yet again! Looking foward to making a high 10sec pass next year! Has anyone recieved their DVD of the 2010 event yet? Just wondering. Jon Hanson

I will plan on being there with Fear. Not sure if I will be making the trek from Houston or San Antonio, still waiting on job response. If I hadnt been in AZ for the last 3 yrs, I would have made it sooner to support our Buicks. Here's to kicking azz in 2011

There has been several inquiries regarding the availablity of videos of the 2010 Shooutout at Noble and I am providing the following for your information with no specific endorsement of either group. We had two groups that filmed the Shootout and their information is as follows with ladies first:

First Group:I'm working away on the shootout DVD, after a few tech issues, and I
strongly plan on having it out and shipped before Christmas. Unless
something odd pops up, this is quite a reasonable deadline.

Here are a few clips of the unfinished progress, that I've uploaded.
The first is my dad's run for his qualifying time, the second, a cut
of eye candy and the third, a segment of eliminations. These are to
display the different aspects of the movie.

Steve Emberton racing at the Buick vs Ford Shootout on Vimeo
Oklahoma Buick vs Ford Shootout 2010 on Vimeo
Buick vs Ford Shootout 2010 Eliminations on Vimeo

If you'd like to purchase a copy you can contact me at:
Susan Emberton
1520 Windsor Way
Norman, OK 73069

darkprincess@gmail.com, or calling 405-613-0054.

Price is $30 plus $5 for shipping inside USA.

Thank you for the interest--it's been really fun to put together

Second Group:
Please visit StreetFire - Car Video, Car Crashes, Race Car Videos, and More for teaser clip.
Search under THUNDER VALLEY and it should bring up the whole file name, Thunder Valley Mustang vs. GN shootout 2010 teaser.

Thanks again,
Kerry

Here is his reply concerning how to order and cost information.

Great Phil, thanks for your help and more so, your patiences. The price for the DVD is $12 + $3 for shipping. You can send payment to the address below, once recieved I will send out the DVD. Please make sure your mailing address is very clear and if possible a contact phone #, if needed. Thanks again and I look forward to your feed back!

Kerry Hunt
2316 W. Commercial Court
Broken Arrow, OK 74012

Phil Engle

The video

Howdy,

Thank you, Phil, for the post! Phil has called to my attention a typo regarding the price of the DVD. It's actually $30 shipped. I'm also open to trade and negotiations. Tonight I'll be up, trying to finish and get it shipped out tomorrow in time for Christmas delivery.

My film features both GM and Ford extensively, but it does have a bit more of a Buick focus as I've grown up in a Buick family. At the same time, I don't think the Ford folks will be disappointed as we got plenty of nice coverage of them as well.

I started attending the shootout when I was 11 years old, and it's a dream come true to complete this (I'm now 27) and I've really put my heart into it. The DVD is deluxe, shot on professional cameras that I recently used to complete a feature length motion picture. It includes lots of cinematic eye candy, a few interviews, happenings in the pits, the entire eliminations, the awards, and a slideshow of stills I snapped throughout the day.

Next year, I plan on doing this again, and I have a lot of ideas to make it better, as I learned a lot from doing this one. :cool:

Susan Emberton

Fin

The DVD is done and I delivered one for Christmas by hand tonight. If you live in the OKC metro area and want it before Christmas, let me know, and I'll try to get it to you somehow. The rest will be mailing out next week.

email me at darkprincess at gmail dot com

The DVD is done and I delivered one for Christmas by hand tonight. If you live in the OKC metro area and want it before Christmas, let me know, and I'll try to get it to you somehow. The rest will be mailing out next week.

email me at darkprincess at gmail dot com

You got mail Susan...

You're 40 miles away, go run that car again! We're hauling our junk from Texas, wouldn't miss this thing for the world! Remember, you qualified this year, and won your race! :tongue:

However the guy you raced is going to be in something a little faster in 2011, so better up the boost a little.

Remember, as the Frods get faster, we gotta do the same! :biggrin:

Just depends how work goes and what not. I was actully lucky to even get that weekend off, it was a last minute decision.

Yeah qualified and won, wish I was better matched up however. Oh well, thats how the bracket list had to be this year. I was eagar for a close race, I was quite surprised I was lined up next to a Mountaineer. :confused::smile:

Car probably ain't going to change much, other than a good tune. I'm only aimming to get into the solid 12s, thats it. With a tune I should be there because its way off and i'm tuning on the fly with an ICCU and a happy knob (my version for the MAFT+). Nothing for anyone to fear over here. Its a 180,000 mile daily driver in street trim (other than the QTPs), probably the highest mile untouched long block at the event. At this rate, i'll be at 200,000 for the next event. Hopefully 12s, 200,000 mile long block, and 30+ mpg :biggrin:

Too bad my Trailblazer SS Couldn't run at the event, if i play my cards right that little 6.0L LS2 V8 will be Procharged by summer time... :cool:

The DVDs are going to be mailed out this week. I've been getting email inquiries in regards to people having already received their copy. My folks and Jimmy Martin are the only people that have a copy, due to them being delivered by hand as a Christmas gift. I'll be sending out the first batch today. :)

Noble videos

I have received my copy of both videos and I hope that some of you have received yours too.

I got the one from Kerry within a few days from ordering and Susun's came today.

Kerry's tape captured most of the races and you can hear the names of most of the racer's from the tower speakers in the background. Many good still shots of the cars in the pits and on the track. Think it is a little more than an hour long.

Susun's tape captured the spirit of the event with great attention to detail such as the driver's name are sub-titled on each race and all results are shown even if they had to be shown in a sub-title. All races were shown and were in order of occurance and many were shown from 2 different angles. This video is over 2 hours long and includes interviews with Jack Cotton and John Schmidt as well as many stills and moving pictures of actvities at the track. This tape was made by a professional group with a leader that has a great deal of history and passion for this event.

I sincerely want thank both Kerry and Susun for filming this event and making it available to us.

Phil Engle

Three of our distinguished OKbuicks club members have their pictures in the recent full color edition of the GS Extra. Miss Sarah was in two photos. Pictures of Jerry Chambers' and John Plog's cars are also inlcuded. Andrew Pace and EJ Howe race with us at Noble and Andrew won the Turbo alcohol injection class and EJ was runnerup in the Regal modified (455 powered class).
Congratulations to both. Jack Pendzimas 49 Olds with the GN frame and driveline is also featured and they were in Noble in 2007.

We are supposed to get another big snowstorm tonight and I'm darned sure ready for springtime. Noble opens up this weekend but I'm too much of a fair weather racer to go this early. Late March/early April sound much better to me.:biggrin:

Phil Engle