Commitment List for Noble - October 15th 2011

It is now only 100 days to the Shootout at Noble. Really hard to believe the past year has gone by so quickly.

I'll get my "stuff" together and get a committment list out over the weekend.

We're going to need a great team again this year to make it a threepeat.:biggrin:

Phil Engle

It is now only 100 days to the Shootout at Noble. Really hard to believe the past year has gone by so quickly.

We're going to need a great team again this year to make it a threepeat.:biggrin:

Phil Engle

Well I tried recruting DonWG and Jimmy but I don't know if they'll show up Phil. Can you maybe set up a "grudge match" between them? Other than the headers I really havn't had time to work on the car but my nephew goat (Billy) is very interested in busting a ferds asses.:biggrin:

Phil Engle

It's coming quick. I'm there. CAN NOT WAIT!

Well I tried recruting DonWG and Jimmy but I don't know if they'll show up Phil. Can you maybe set up a "grudge match" between them? Other than the headers I really havn't had time to work on the car but my nephew goat (Billy) is very interested in busting a ferds asses.:biggrin:

I would love if DonWG would come, he seems like a really cool dude and I'd like to meet him.

While at a car show last weekend, several of us in the DFW area were talking about this event and making plans to be there. It is hard to believe that it is already just around the corner again. I've got a new four post lift comming and then it is going to be "on" to get my fuel system finished and re-tuned for this event. I am really wanting to be able to use the full potential of what is under the hood this year.

Has anyone been in contact with any of the Pro's to see if they will be returning to this event on their way to BG?

Has anyone been in contact with any of the Pro's to see if they will be returning to this event on their way to BG?

Yeah we need to get ahold of Jack Cotton, John Schmidt (it seems like he told me he was gonna make it in '11), Bobby Don, and some of the other really wild cars to see if they are gonna come. Also there was a guy a couple years ago with a red blown Pontiac that snapped the crank in the burnout box...well that car runs in the low 7s, if he came back that would be nice :biggrin:

I know some of the top qualifiers for us last year were the midwest streetcars guys, like that black Poncho and that GMC pickup, I'll head over and ask Big Chief (black Poncho) if they are coming.

Yeah we need to get ahold of Jack Cotton, John Schmidt (it seems like he told me he was gonna make it in '11), Bobby Don, and some of the other really wild cars to see if they are gonna come. Also there was a guy a couple years ago with a red blown Pontiac that snapped the crank in the burnout box...well that car runs in the low 7s, if he came back that would be nice :biggrin:

I know some of the top qualifiers for us last year were the midwest streetcars guys, like that black Poncho and that GMC pickup, I'll head over and ask Big Chief (black Poncho) if they are coming.

I've been busy with business matters this year and haven't been posting much on this event but there is contact being made to people of all levels throughout the year; particularly by Dick Walker. I plan on working on Jason Cramer again this year and I'd like to see Scott Atkinson come in from Las Vegas. Jack will probably come to meet up with the Arkansas club and I've been told John Schmidt will be here again with maybe more than one car. Mike Cooper is from Wichita and has the red Tempest. He broke last year the weekend before our race and that also cost us a 6 second Firebird. He was pretty adamant he would be here the last time I talked to him. I'm working on a local low 10 65 GTO convertible to join us and the Chief seemed to have a great time last year that I'm he'll be back with so more of his friends and a faster car.

We also are working the Ford channels so we don't have another occurance where we have a lot more cars than they do.

Phil Engle

Good deal Phil. I talked to BigChief today and he said the same thing, that he loves the event and he'll be here racing unless his car is broken.

Enclosed is the first draft of the Commitment list for Noble for this October.

I've gone by history for most of the participants so let me know if I need to add or delete you from the list.

AR DOUG STOUT
AR JACK KOTLARZ
AR JAMES KIDDY
AR RAY ALEXANDER
KS AARON HARGISS
KS LUKE SILKY
KS MARK SHACKLEFORD
KS MATT GORDON
MA JACK COTTON
NE ANDREW PACE
NE JIM RASMUSSEN
NE JOHN PLOG
OH JIM DOTSON
OH JOHN SCHMIDT
OK ALAN CLAYTON
OK AUSTIN KENDALL
OK BOB NORDQUIST
OK BOB THOMAS
OK BRANDON ELDRED #1
OK BRANDON WYMER
OK BRYANT GANTTER
OK BUTCH DEACON
OK CHARLEY WEST
OK CLAY HOLLANDER
OK DAMIAN LASSITER
OK DAN MEADOR
OK DANIEL ASHLOCK
OK DICK WALKER
OK ERICH DAVIS
OK JERRY CHAMBERS
OK JIM KENNEDY
OK JUSTIN SHEARER
OK KATHY EMBERTON
OK LARRY BRASWELL
OK LARRY EADS
OK LARRY SARTIN
OK LEON BOELTE
OK PHIL ENGLE
OK PHIL SMITH
OK RENE ZELDENTHUIS
OK RICHARD WALKER
OK RICK LARSON
OK RON RUSSELL
OK RUSSELL GOODMAN
OK SCOTT HETZEL
OK SHANE CLARKE
OK SHAWN LARSEN
OK STEVE EMBERTON
OK TEDDY WEBB
OK THOMAS FUCHS
OK TRACY HOOPER
OK WILLIAM AVILA
TX BONES HAYHURST
TX CARL BRIMER
TX CHARLIE FRIERSON
TX CHRIS McDADE #1
TX CHRIS McDADE #2
TX DAVID NEWTON
TX E J HOWE
TX JD BROOKS
TX JHANSON
TX JOE ABERNATHY
TX JOHNNY CLEVENGER'
TX KEVIN
TX MIKE DERDEN
TX RON NORDQUIST
TX TODD KAY
TX WILL BARNES
TX PHILIP MADDEN
TX ZAC PRUITT

This is total of 54 with no deletions so we need to get the word that the Fords are coming to town.

Phil Engle

Phil, PM Waco84GN and see if the Bergers are going to participate. I know they were there last year but didn't race.

Dick, the Black Nova has been sold. I am working on another car that's even more unique to irritate the Chevy guys but it's a ways off from completion so I am working to bring my T down. However if I can't get it going I'll still come down and if ya need help, either work the event or maybe see if there's enough desire I can bring my Dyno Dynamics chassis dyno down as it's portable.

Hopefully I'll be racing as I wanna try to see if I still have what it takes behind the wheel of my v6 car but time will tell. I'll call ya in plenty of time to work out options for me to help the event if I can't race.

Mark: You've been a long term supporter and participant in this race. Sorry to see that the Nova won't be at Noble this year.

Hope you can get a car ready by October and, if not, there is always a lot of things to do on race day.

I copied your post and sent it on to Dick.

Phil Engle

Phil,

I was at George Hebbel's shop the other day, George and James Waugh are both still in the Buick game, I think they'll probably both be there on Team Buick. George just bought a T Type and he's doing some mods to it to make it peppier than it was. I'll ask them next time for sure, but I don't think they'd miss it.

Will: Thanks for the information.

I'll add them to the list which will updated and reposted in about a week.

Phil Engle

I am subscribed to this thread and several others but I never get any notices that a posting has been made to any of them in several months.

Am I the only one having this problem?

Phil Engle

There's been a problem with notifications since the last up date Phil. It's not just you not getting them.

I am subscribed to this thread and several others but I never get any notices that a posting has been made to any of them in several months.

Am I the only one having this problem?

Phil Engle
Phil, you may need to double check and make sure your settings for that have not been changed. ("User CP, Edit Options, Default Thread Subscription Mode")

Couple of things:

1) We only have about 60 committments to race so we need to check with all the folks we can so we have a larger and stronger team this year than we did last year.

2) The BPG sticky thread has more views than we do and that is not acceptable. We lead by a large margin in posts. I'd like to see the Noble thread lead the pack in both categories every year.

3) The THS category has caught my interest and we may have to see if we have enough cars that meet the qualifications that we can have our own THS style event within the Shootout. Nothing official but something we can have fun with so throw out some ideas. I'm pretty much assured of 2nd place because GN1090SS has agreed to tow my car behind his. :cool: