Commitment List for Noble - October 15th 2011

The Shootout at Noble is six months from today.

We have hammered the Ford guys pretty hard the past two years. I suspect that they will be bringing a much stronger field of cars this year so we need to have a larger and faster group than we had last year.

Hope everyone has a great Easter holiday.

Phil Engle

I will try and have "Fear" there, so long as car is done and tuned and tracked, and work lets me off.

The Shootout at Noble is six months from today.

We have hammered the Ford guys pretty hard the past two years. I suspect that they will be bringing a much stronger field of cars this year so we need to have a larger and faster group than we had last year.

Hope everyone has a great Easter holiday.

Phil Engle

2011 will be the third Ford stomping in a row. Bet on that! The TX panhandle will be bringing more fast Fords than last year, but we'll take care of em like we have the last 2 years :D

Quint: I look foward to you and your car being here in October.

Will: I want us to beat them too but I also want it to be bigger than ever and very competitive, with us winning of course.

I've been trying to get over 100 races in the finals for several years and we've gotten close a few times but we're not pitching horseshoes or lobbing hand grenades so close doesn't count.:biggrin:

Phil Engle

Well, I let my "It's only 5 more months to the Shootout" message get by so I'll give you the "It's only 150 more days until the Shootout" one.:D:D

I'm working the gremlins out of mine and I hope you're not having some of the crazy stuff I've had. I've learned to say that if you own a GN or a
T-Type life is never dull.

Hope everyone is getting their cars ready since I suspect the Ford guys will be wanting to avenge the last two years. I would really like to see 100+ races with a win by Team Buick of 5 cars or so with great times and close races.:cool:

Phil Engle

Year three and I won't make a promise to it but the new frame is almost done and I just tore into the engine.:biggrin: There are some issues but... it's a real 49K car and the engine is standard bore.:eek: This may be my year Phill so think good thoughts and wish me luck.:cool:

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 573
  • DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 559
  • DSCN0005.jpg
    DSCN0005.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 587
  • DSCN0008.jpg
    DSCN0008.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 575
  • DSCN0004.jpg
    DSCN0004.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 548
I am currently dumping a brownbag of cash into my fuel system upgrades so it better be fast this year! :eek:

I have some 60# injectors that just got in and are really itching to go in the Buick. That should help it not want to lean out as much ;)

Year three and I won't make a promise to it but the new frame is almost done and I just tore into the engine.:biggrin: There are some issues but... it's a real 49K car and the engine is standard bore.:eek: This may be my year Phill so think good thoughts and wish me luck.:cool:

We're pulling for you to be part of the best lineup of cars we've ever had.

Will: The 60#'s are good injectors and they should get the job done for you. John Plog went in the low 10's with 60's but he is a tuning artist.

I've heard rumors of a 350lph in-tank fuel pump to replace the 255 so you may want to keep a heads up on that.

Look forward to seeing you in October.

Phil Engle

I ran into a guy yesterday at the local track. He had a GN with a big cowl hood and an air cleaner sticking up through the hood, obviously a non turbo v8 car. At first I was kinda disappointed that it wasn't going to be a v6 car, but I went to talk to the guy anyway.

Turns out it's a HUGE BBC (almost 600ci) that makes over 900hp (engine dyno) on motor. He was out there to make his first passes ever in the car. I invited him to the event, told him he would have a blast and how it all worked. Never saw what times he ran, but I am guessing it was not slow. Hopefully he'll show up, if he does we'll have to cut him some slack for pulling out the trusty 109 in favor of a 900hp Chevy motor. :eek:

Will: The 60#'s are good injectors and they should get the job done for you. John Plog went in the low 10's with 60's but he is a tuning artist.

I've heard rumors of a 350lph in-tank fuel pump to replace the 255 so you may want to keep a heads up on that.

Look forward to seeing you in October.

Phil Engle

If mine cracks 11s I'd be thrilled! :tongue: I am going to try to take it to the track next month for some easy passes on it, make sure the drive shaft stays put, and start tuning it. I've got a Walbro 340 in it, hopefully that's enough pump to keep it purring. I'm running alky but it's going to get some race gas for the high boost passes, I don't want to blow this one up :eek:

Will: Sorry I didn't respond but I haven't received notifications of posts in several months.

Bison says "If in doubt, over octane". Some of the best and easiest times I ever ran were with an Extender Alky chip, 101 fuel w/0 alky and 23-24#s boost. Best was 11.10 @ 122+ and I finally beat that last fall.

Phil Engle

I am pumped up about the shootout again this year, but I will not be bringing the black brick this year. The v6 is out and being parted out, something bigger is going in, but it won't be running by October.

I'll bring my LS1 car and spray it into either low 12s or high 11s. That'll just have to do this year....again :tongue:

We're pulling for you to be part of the best lineup of cars we've ever had.

God willing I can make it Phil. Here's some pics of the frame that for some reason I can't email you.:frown: One more mod and it's done but it won't be posted on the board.:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 347
  • LCA braces.jpg
    LCA braces.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 323
  • DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 332
God willing I can make it Phil. Here's some pics of the frame that for some reason I can't email you.:frown: One more mod and it's done but it won't be posted on the board.:biggrin:

Very nice work.

Looking forward to seeing you at Noble this year and I'll certainly want to see the top secret mod.

Very nice work.

Looking forward to seeing you at Noble this year and I'll certainly want to see the top secret mod.

worst cas I'll put a "running" engine in her that's not a Buick but I don't want to do that.:redface: I want to do the HA C/T system that I've been working on but you never know in the end.:redface: