Commitment List for Noble - October 15th 2011

I actually won my race this year for the first time (not counting my bye win in 07) so I was pleased with that. Wasn't pleased with my car as it ran 12.53 in finals vs 12.28 2 years ago. I had the boost turned down a little but still thought I would be close. Still getting used to the transbrake so I foot braked it in elims and it ran 3 tenths quicker.

Had a good time besides losing and getting stuck in the staging lanes for an hour after the oil down. I knew we were in trouble when were short on the car count. When Phil told Clay that his 10.30 was good for #7 qualifier I was a little shocked. I hope more cars/faster cars show up next year.

Rainier win was one of my favorites. Loved it.

As far as courtesy staging?? I agree, the double bulber should be DQ'd. However, since it is supposed to be a "fun" event I would give them a chance to back out of the beams and do it right as I have seen it happen on accident. The starter has to be on his game here.

I am also glad to see your a bottom bulb owner as I am. Makes life so much simpler when it's up to you when your ready.

As for Nats moving. I understand that and that's why I feel this event could get lost in the shuffle in the coming years unless we promote it hard as we won't have a chance to win if our car count is cannibalized by the Nats. All of us that enjoy this race need to make a point of letting the uninformed know how great it is and how we need them to attend to get the win. I am all for whatever ideas anyone has for making Noble be the "hot ticket" for the Buick community.

Rainier win was one of my favorites. Loved it.

I kept waiting for the Stang to pass me and waited and waited and waited and waited... hahahaha lol I ran a 15.51 with a Time trial run of 15.57 with sixty fts in the 2.3 range.

I'm all for ordering cooler, not cold, weather for next year.

Phil Engle[/QUOTE]

I thought the weather was perfect !! This event has always had great weather!!

I'm all for ordering cooler, not cold, weather for next year.

Phil Engle

I thought the weather was perfect !! This event has always had great weather!![/QUOTE]

It was great but about 20* lower would have made it more comfortable for those of us with more "insulation". I also got a "farmer's burn" which is slowly turning into a "farmer's tan".:eek:

How bout it people lets throw some ideas out there on PROMOTING Noble more so people WILL put it on their short list of racing event calenders.

Second. Racecraft.

Freaking right. If Noble wasn't such a great event, we wouldn't have Cotton coming (in car or flying) to it, or John Schmidt, Cheatin' Jim, etc. I know they didn't bring cars this year, but it apparently a good enough throwdown to come from the east coast damn near every year. That says a lot. I think those guys have to enjoy the challenge of taking on Mustangs with 2 extra cylinders that make more power than our cars do (well, except Schmidt's car of course, I don't think I've seen a car in OK that could even hang with that guy on a good pass).

Also, yes we get outdriven almost every year. I know it's hard to launch a GN without a tbrake, but we have to figure it out. We go red waaaaaaaay more than they do.

Remember the Nats moved to Oct., Noble has always been that time of year.

So what happened to courtesy staging? If in the eliminations and you set the 2 bulbs without your opponent setting his first bulb that should be a DQ!

Regardless of when the 'Nats is, I will be at the Noble race and if I eventually get the time or money, I'll go to BG. But I would much rather run a Mustang than another Buick, for a multitude of reasons.

If you watch my pass, that bastard double bulbed me, I sat there and motioned to the track crew to move his ass back. They did a halfhearted job of telling him to back up, he didn't and they just said screw it and let him stay there. I still treed him pretty bad, just didn't quite get enough of a good run to stay out in front of him past the 60ft mark, and I couldn't quite chase him down at the stripe.

Either way, I hope I get to run him again next time. He won't be as lucky again.

In spite of the BG issue, I think the middle of October has been one of the best changes to the Shootout that has been implemented to date. Years ago when the Shootout was centered around the end of the month, the weather was a lot more sketchy. I have been there in the early 00's more than once when the weather was perfect on Friday only to have a blue northern come rolling in about midday Saturday. Out of habit I still pack a set of clothes for this event for both sun burn and snow. There are many of us here I am sure that can still remember the wind blowing out of the north so hard that nearly the entire crowd was trying to hide from the wind by the tower to watch the races. Doing this while praying for it to hurry up and be over with so we could all get out of there was not much fun. This event has had stellar weather conditions every year since moving it up to mid October. I doubt that there is any other time of the year that would work better than what is already in place. Not to mention, the OK Buicks have to work around TVRP's schedule as well. It was only a couple of weeks ago that we were still sweating our buns off to 100* weather.

Can't wait to drag some Buick tail Sat :D

:eek:

So many mustangs and so little time...

:biggrin:

Turbo lag... That brief moment you think you're winning !!

[video=youtube;y_MKG4dY6Po]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_MKG4dY6Po&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;Kkc46eQd8Yk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkc46eQd8Yk[/video]

:cool::cool::cool:

(Don't mind the commentary)

My car was S-L-O-W. I was extremely disappointed, but that's racing. I have some things to get worked out. I was happy to get the victory.

Ford 52, Buick 31 ... but I was 1 of the 31 wins!

Going from tied 29-29 to losing 23 of the final 25 races really shows how Ford brought their heavy hitters this year. The car count was very close too with only 4 extra Fords racing each other in the finals. But DAMN they need to shut qualifications down earlier. At 3 hours shorter it would have still been an awesome event.

They HAD to keep qual open longer due to all of the track shutdowns.

I don't see the conflict since BG is next weekend.

A couple of our top 20 guys have sold their cars, a few more had mechanical/electronic problems, one made a trip from Maine last year which is not an annual trek for him.
The biggest reason appears to be that 5 or more went to Tulsa Raceway for the last big money event that will take place there since the track is closing down after next weekend.

There were a LOT of fast Mustangs at Tulsa as well.

I have a thought/idea/suggestion for the "double bulb" issue.

How about the car with lane choice also gets choice of whether to stage first or second...?

"There were a LOT of fast Mustangs at Tulsa as well."

I don't doubt that but most of the guys I mentioned have been coming to this event for many years.

I keep wondering if it wouldn't be possible to move it up one more week. Two weeks separation from BG would give those who travel time to go home, decompress, make some more cash at work and THEN travel again. Also easier sometimes to get shorter chunks of vacation at a job than trying to take a week plus for some people.

Just thinking out loud as I have been a worker whose company had a hard time with vacation that wasn't in 5 business day chunks only. Course now I own my own place and I have even less time for anything. My boss can be a real slave driver sometimes. LOL

Black power, I wondered what happened on your run. Now I know.

Does anyone know how many of our team failed to take advantage when the faster Ford did screw up. Seemed like a number of guys were given gifts only to make a bigger gaff of their own.

I for one had a great time. First time at the event that I have heard so much about for many-many years from a local. Glad we went, and we'll most likely be back. I got to meet some new people, (black power) and meet up with some old friends from my car club, it was indeed a fun-fun time.

I did my part for you guys, my red Grand Prix got a win for team Buick. I was hoping not to let you all down. My buddy in his black Grand Prix also got a win for team Buick as well. Didn't run any new PB's, my fastest time was a 13.486 @ 102.47 this weekend.

I have to say that I was impressed with the track prep, pulling off 1.93 60' was a nice sight. Took some getting used to working a pro tree, my reaction times went from .736 down to .260 towards the end, first time running a pro tree, it was a surprise when I staged and the lights dropped. LOL

Maybe next year we can get some more to come down with us, and those that came and watched, hopefully will partake in the event next year too.

Lastly I wanted to thank everyone who put the event together, and all the track personal and volunteers who made the event possible and for the most part, smooth running. If we can fix the 3 hour + down time...that is my only complaint about the event.

~F~

I would like to thank you guys (those who put the event on) for everything. This is the only time I race my car all year. I have been to the event many times and have raced a few times. I actually reconected with my dad at one of these events and we raced together. He passed shortly after. Anyway, lots of great memories because of this event. I had 5 family members race in the event this year. Kind of a get together for pops. lol

Thanks again, and GO FORDS!!!

Black power, I wondered what happened on your run. Now I know.

Yeah, I should have turned the bottom limit on that window switch to 1500 and I would have nailed that guy in the Mustang. Oh well.

I for one had a great time. First time at the event that I have heard so much about for many-many years from a local. Glad we went, and we'll most likely be back. I got to meet some new people, (black power) and meet up with some old friends from my car club, it was indeed a fun-fun time.

I did my part for you guys, my red Grand Prix got a win for team Buick. I was hoping not to let you all down. My buddy in his black Grand Prix also got a win for team Buick as well. Didn't run any new PB's, my fastest time was a 13.486 @ 102.47 this weekend.

I have to say that I was impressed with the track prep, pulling off 1.93 60' was a nice sight. Took some getting used to working a pro tree, my reaction times went from .736 down to .260 towards the end, first time running a pro tree, it was a surprise when I staged and the lights dropped. LOL

Maybe next year we can get some more to come down with us, and those that came and watched, hopefully will partake in the event next year too.

Lastly I wanted to thank everyone who put the event together, and all the track personal and volunteers who made the event possible and for the most part, smooth running. If we can fix the 3 hour + down time...that is my only complaint about the event.

~F~

Glad to meet you guys, and thanks for letting me use your jack! That thing was awesome! Hope to see you guys come back, those are some pretty quick FWD cars and they are perfect for killing a Ford :cool:

I would like to thank you guys (those who put the event on) for everything. This is the only time I race my car all year. I have been to the event many times and have raced a few times. I actually reconected with my dad at one of these events and we raced together. He passed shortly after. Anyway, lots of great memories because of this event. I had 5 family members race in the event this year. Kind of a get together for pops. lol

Thanks again, and GO FORDS!!!

Man that's awesome. Glad you got to enjoy with your dad before he passed on. I told my dad the other day that one of these years he's going to have to shut the doors on his work and come to this event with us, he would have a great time.

Oh, and Fords suck...even though they beat us this year ;)

Man that's awesome. Glad you got to enjoy with your dad before he passed on. I told my dad the other day that one of these years he's going to have to shut the doors on his work and come to this event with us, he would have a great time.

Oh, and Fords suck...even though they beat us this year ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! My dad went and bought a Mustang after the first year I took him just so we could run together. (he was never a ford guy. The things we do for our kids) I had tried to get him to go for years and once he gave in he loved it. He only took off work twice a year. Christmas, and B vs F. Tell your dad to go. Its makes for great times. Thanks again!!

You guys enjoy the time you have with your Dads, it's priceless! I lost my Dad back in '94. I now enjoy these events with my 23 yr old son. Who BTW had the fastest FWD pass there! :)

Well, I've been home from the event For almost a week & just now seem to be getting the OU stinch off of me. ;P Sorry I wasn't able to bring the ole turbo LT1 this year, but at least my wife was gracious enough to let me race her 10th anniversary Firehawk. While a 13.10 out of a stock LS1 impressed me, not running in the 9's took it's toll on me. As soon as I get a few jobs caught up at work, I'm pulling the TA out of the trailer (yes, it's still sitting in the trailer from last year's BvF) & getting busy to have her running for next year. Thus far, I'm undefeated at BvF over the past 3 years, & I'm coming back for blood in 2012 come hell or high water! If I don't make a single pass down the track all year long, I won't miss this event so long as I own a car that's accepted. See y'all in 2012!!!

Who BTW had the fastest FWD pass there! :)

Mine best this weekend was a 13.486 @ 102.46. That's not my best over all for my car though. (its faster)

I believe that bad ass black Grand Prix GTP pulled off a low 13 second pass, almost a high 12 IIRC.

~F~

Mine best this weekend was a 13.486 @ 102.46. That's not my best over all for my car though. (its faster)

I believe that bad ass black Grand Prix GTP pulled off a low 13 second pass, almost a high 12 IIRC.

~F~

I saw one them go 13.11 @ 106mph. Equal to my sons car his went 13.00 @ 106mph on motor. On the spray he went 12.36 @ 111mph. Not spraying during the shifts and we still balooned the TC.