Committment list for Noble 2009

Looking over the list tonight, I'm wondering where are all the Texans. We're short 15 participants from last year.

David Newton, do you have any thing to kick in here? It's pretty quiet from south of the Red River.

Phil Engle

Roll Cage?

Be a good contest between you and my friend Larry Eads to see who hits the 10's first. Your combos are almost identical.

I want to see if I can outrun James Kiddy from Arkansas. His car runs extremely well but he sometimes has trouble with a flat tire at a bad time.:eek: Over in Arkansas they run on a 1000 ft track since they're not sure their cars can make it a full quarter mile. Loser buys cheeseburgers at the Texas Club's mobile restaurant.:biggrin:

Phil Engle

I ran 12.07 at BG on street tires. When I finally got the slicks mounted on friday I was in staging lanes when the roll over happened and then the rain hit, so never tried slicks. JD, who built the motor and tranny said 11.40, but I'm optimistic. My street tires were only 245 60 15 and it was deep into overdrive crossing finish line so I think the taller slicks will also help the gearing along with he obivious traction issue. I was completely babying it off the line everytime to keep them from breaking lose. Also only running 23 pounds of boost at bg which I plan to turn up for noble. I'm going balls to the wall.

What's the roll cage situation at noble? I don't have one yet.

If nothing breaks I'll be bringing my 87 GN... its a drag strip Virgin.... so don't expect much from us....

Looking at a TE60 or TE44 new chip ( TT) and 50lb injectors though... It so I am expecting it to be a major tuning thrash.....but hoping for a 12 second slip.

If that does not happen anything under 13.99 would be good I think.

BOP4ever: Glad you are going to join us. I was in your place in the first year. I'd had the car for 2 months and and didn't think I could get it ready in time but Dick Walker said "Sure you can" so I did. I went the weekend before the race and the night before and hammered on my car. Ran 12.60 @ 109MPH at lost to a slower car because I was worn out and left late. You need to get a race chip and put in some good gas and you will run some good times with good drag radials or slicks.

I'll put you on the list. How do you want to be listed and what state?

Phil Engle

Roll Cage/Bar

LEGACY_GN and all, regarding roll cage/bar. The track at Noble is an NHRA track and we will do tech according to NHRA guidelines. However this is not an NHRA Event and there is judgement applied to what is flagrant disregard for safety requirements. Sub 11.50s should have a bar for your safety and you may be given a warning for low 11s and still be qualified for the finals. Running a 10 anything would be a flagrant disregard for your safety. Sub 10s are expected to have a cage and a competition license. Dick W

Looking over the list tonight, I'm wondering where are all the Texans. We're short 15 participants from last year.

David Newton, do you have any thing to kick in here? It's pretty quiet from south of the Red River.

Phil Engle

The Texans will show up. A lot of them are not on this forum. I might have been included in the Texans last year, I can't remember.

Are the TSM cars coming?

Phil Engle

I'll post up on the LSPBC list and the Houston Buick list. :biggrin:

My guess is about 10 or so from the LSPBC, not sure how many Houston guys?

Probable from dallas/Ft Worth

Myself 13 sec Sky Redline (GN is down)
Duke McClain 10 sec Turbo T
Carl Brimer 11 sec GN
Rob Downey 11 sec GN
Ralph Haber 70 Stage 1
Larry Johnson 10 sec GN
Geoff Newton 14 sec 99GS My son
Danny Oviedo 11 sec 87 T
Tony Rossi 13 sec GN
Victor Segovia 13 sec T
Mike Mahalik 12 sec 87GN
Tim Thompson 14 sec 87 T
Steve Allen 11 sec 87 GN
Mike Derden 10 sec 87GN

The Arkansas Assassins

Quick Six has that old black car flying with the new turbo. I hear he is the local street terror in Ok. But the Assassins will be comming to town with a few high HP street cars looking for a good KILL. The reason we only run 1,000 feet in Arkansas is our old power master brakes gave out a long time ago and it takes a long time to gear these turbo cars down. We will have our friend and Buick tuner Jack Cotton with us to make sure we have our cars up to par. I look forward to that Cheeseburger as they always tast better when the other guy pays. We always have a great time with our Ok. friends and we are counting the days. HiTec6. Just a old guy with a few toys.

Be a good contest between you and my friend Larry Eads to see who hits the 10's first. Your combos are almost identical.

I want to see if I can outrun James Kiddy from Arkansas. His car runs extremely well but he sometimes has trouble with a flat tire at a bad time.:eek: Over in Arkansas they run on a 1000 ft track since they're not sure their cars can make it a full quarter mile. Loser buys cheeseburgers at the Texas Club's mobile restaurant.:biggrin:

Phil Engle

LEGACY_GN and all, regarding roll cage/bar. The track at Noble is an NHRA track and we will do tech according to NHRA guidelines. However this is not an NHRA Event and there is judgement applied to what is flagrant disregard for safety requirements. Sub 11.50s should have a bar for your safety and you may be given a warning for low 11s and still be qualified for the finals. Running a 10 anything would be a flagrant disregard for your safety. Sub 10s are expected to have a cage and a competition license. Dick W
Looks like my street car is going to get caged in the very near future, guess I need to do this anyhow.

Looks like you need to remove me from the list Phil. 87' GN WRECKED.

Don't think I will have the LC2 powered T-bucket ready in time.

Sorry guys. One of the ford guys knocked me out of contention. (service truck)

Ouch! What happened Dan? I hope it wasn't to bad?

You shoulda sold that car to me... :(

What??? Dude that sucks. Come on up and hang out with us anyhow Dan, I'll pick ya up on the way through Dallas if ya want.

Service truck decided to try and beat a light. We both lost. I hit the rear left corner of his utility body. Front end gone, frame tweaked on left side. He ran.

Engine was not damaged. The F-body radiator was all bent to hell but still holding water! The only thing that was broken was the power steering reservoir.

SO...the engine is going into a RATROD.

You shoulda sold that car to me... :(

You should of given me the $3.4 million I was asking.

I will probably still come up and offer moral support.....you know, for those running 24's with thousands of dollars in mods. :biggrin: