Commitment List for 2012 Ford Buick Shootout

I'll see if some of the 301 TTA guys want to join in but most of hem just want to cruise their cars.:( I'm not going to make any kind of commitment this year though. It seems that everytime I do I never get the car ready.:oops:

CATEGORY 6 is coming back,for a little payback!
3 years ago we red lighted in the finals after being #1 overall qualifer for the shootout.
i thought we had the car in the wrong gear,but later found out(next race) it was a bad solenoid in the transbrake.
category 6 is alot more badass than back then:eek:

bring that bad ass ford u guys got,the badder the better!!!
lets do this:D

bobby don:mad:

Glad to see some of the usual suspects committing as well as some guys who've missed a few coming back. Funny thing is I was worried when I stepped into DW's shoes that we'd have a bust of a race since we moved the event and HOPED everyone would stick with it out of the same love for the show as I have. Although we want everyone to tell everyone to come out and help team BUICK, and we can NEVER have too many cars(lol)to see the responses that are coming in are making me less worried and more excited by the day. Way to go those who've stepped up and looking forward to many more so we can kick some bootay this year. Thanks to all on board for helping us keep this tradition going.

Here is latest list of those who have committed to race in the 2012 Shootout in Ark City on October 6th.

The race is less than 6 months away and will be up on us before we know it.

If you are planning to participate or know someone who is, please let me know so I add them to the list which needs to have 100 names by October.
Commitment List for Ford Buick Shootout 2012
Mark Shackleford​
Matt Gordon​
John Plog​
Dick Walker​
Ken Beaty​
Phil Engle​
Richard Walker​
Russ Goodman​
Blown Okie​
Will Barnes​
Jim Rasmussen​
Jeremy Helton​
Bobby Don and Category Six​
Phil Engle​

Added 4 more yesterday.

AR JACK KOTLARZ
AR JAMES KIDDY
AR RAY ALEXANDER
KS MARK SHACKLEFORD
KS MATT GORDON
NE JIM RASMUSSEN
NE JOHN PLOG
OK BLOWN OKIE
OK DAN MEADOR
OK DICK WALKER
OK KEN BEATY
OK PHIL ENGLE
OK RICHARD WALKER
OK RUSS GOODMAN
TX WILL BARNES
BOBBY DON
JEREMY HELTON

We like to track where the participants are coming from so please provide the name of your home state.

Thanks.

Not adding my name yet, but I did get the relocation brackets that I want to add to the frame figured out and partially fabricated today.:D That was a big PITA and now I have to weld and cut to put them in but it's a little closer.:)

Not adding my name yet, but I did get the relocation brackets that I want to add to the frame figured out and partially fabricated today.:D That was a big PITA and now I have to weld and cut to put them in but it's a little closer.:)

I'm pulling for you. Know you have worked your ass off for several years.

Got my GN down to 10.40's on pump gas and methanol. Had some issues but still got 1.48 60' and 3 runs in the mid 129's. Getting those issues fixed and will be looking for the bottom of the 10's then I'll put some race gas in it and turn up the
boost.:)

I'm pulling for you. Know you have worked your ass off for several years.

Got my GN down to 10.40's on pump gas and methanol. Had some issues but still got 1.48 60' and 3 runs in the mid 129's. Getting those issues fixed and will be looking for the bottom of the 10's then I'll put some race gas in it and turn up the
boost.:)
Thanks Phil. :) The funny thing is I got the three front billet mains so far for less than $150 shipped.:eek: Just got to finish the frame and the suspension so send all the prayers/money you can (donations welcome.;)) to get the first B4black car in the 10's and no N2O!!!! Just motor, turbo, and traction is all I want.:D

Thanks Phil. :) The funny thing is I got the three front billet mains so far for less than $150 shipped.:eek: Just got to finish the frame and the suspension so send all the prayers/money you can (donations welcome.;)) to get the first B4black car in the 10's and no N2O!!!! Just motor, turbo, and traction is all I want.:D

You don't take on the easy stuff, do you?

You don't take on the easy stuff, do you?
And you're suprised Phil?:D So far B4black has done 11.87 on a turbo 350, low stall convertor, 2.41 gears, nitrous, and the turbo mod I figured out.;) I've got 3.42 gears and a few more tricks up my sleeves to make it even faster.:eek:

That's danged good time. 3.42 gears should make a difference.

Don't you think I already figured out you had a few more tricks up your sleeve?

That's danged good time. 3.42 gears should make a difference.

Don't you think I already figured out you had a few more tricks up your sleeve?
You have no idea of the research I've done on this car so far. I've been helping the 301 TTA guys get to a different level as well.:D Looks like a few of them may be hitting the 10's or better as well in the very new future.:cool:

You have no idea of the research I've done on this car so far. I've been helping the 301 TTA guys get to a different level as well.:D Looks like a few of them may be hitting the 10's or better as well in the very new future.:cool:

No, I probably don't.

Guys like you come out with new ways to make these cars run faster and better and the rest of us get great benefits from that. Many thanks to you and all the others who have made these contributions.

I can clearly remember when I got in the 11's and thought 10's were for crazy people. Now I'm looking at the 9's and not even blinking.

I've got my 6.0 sitting in my GN right now, I'm working on the hot side for the turbocharger system. I have a long way to go, but my 75mm turbo will be here on Wednesday, so I look forward to getting it on there. Still need to buy fuel system stuff, trans, driveshaft, and all that stuff. Thankfully I will have time to work on it this summer. I'm not sure if the GN's gonna be there, but I will be there and hopefully racing something.

If my White T is alive after the x275 races locally (only 4 races this season), and the TSO races then I'd be interested in beating up on some fords. :)

Unfortunately, Cliff died following a motorcycle accident. I really wish he could have made the event, I looked forward to meeting him.

RIP Cliff.

Update from Mark Schackelford

Ok fellas. Been off the grid awhile working to solve a little dilemma with the track.....being open or not. LOL.

As of this week I have been informed we will indeed be able to run the event at Ark City. There was a fair bit of drama with the track even being open and I have much respect for the track owner Bill Wood's diligence in working toward getting the track open at all this season. It has been one hit after another for him and me. I think I actually started getting some grey hairs over this deal(gasp). However, throughout it all he has been willing to honor a contract I signed with someone in February when Mr. Woods health was forcing him to step away, who was purchasing the track and got rejected for other reasons. That's a stand up guy in my book. Other factors then caused some serious setbacks and I was ready to enact plan B and move the event but at the 11th.99 hour I was told to go ahead and restart promoting the event cause they will be open for us.

So, to cliff it. The event is still on. It has been moved for some of our racer's convenience regarding the nationals to October 13th. There will be test and tune on the evening of Friday the 12th. I am in the coming days gonna revamp all the fliers and hope to get those up soon as well as carpet bomb the net with info to other sites in hopes to have a large turnout of racers to make this a great event.

I humbly apologize for any inconvenience and worries this may have brought on. I too was on pins and needles waiting with the rest of you.

Thanks, Mark Shackelford(mrstage1)​