mhogan6 ran out gas

TURBOTWIN2

ASE CMAT L1
Mike Hogan, mhogan6, from Cedar Park, TX, has passed away.
He had a rare neuroendocrin form of cancer that took him on the big end.
He was Stage IV cancer for over 5 years and hung on as long as he could.
I ain't never met anyone as tough as him.

His 1987 Gun Metal Grey Turbo Regal was a fine Fast With Class example.
Stock appearing mid ten second all leather, all power accessories, his pride and joy.
His third Turbo Buick as he went from a 1984 hot Air GN to a 1987 roll up windows
intercooled car to this stock trade-in at the Ford dealer he worked at for many years.
He went through many incarnations step by step until he got to the magic Ten Second Club.

Many of you had seen him around with it at various Buick events and races over the
years, he was regular at the Buick vs Ford Shootouts in Oklahoma and a member of the
Austin Buick Club and a regular at the Brand X Shootouts and Bowling Green Nationals.
His last race at Noble 2008:
(youtube.com mike hogan+oklahoma)
We had his car trailered up to go in 2009 but he was too worn out for the trip.
He could cut a light.

Obituary at http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/statesman/obituary.aspx?n=charles-michael-hogan&pid=163318282

His car lives on and I will be bringing it out this Spring to honor his
love for Buicks.

I am TURBOTWIN2 because I am his twin and I was 2nd born.

Prayers sent. He will be residing in a better place now. Condolences to you and all his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Sorry to hear about your brother
Cancer is horrible and hard to watch someone suffer with.

my mother passed away in jan from a glioblastoma tumor immediate stage 5 diagnosed only 8 months before.

Prayers from my family - to you and your family.

Derek

Sorry for your loss. As a solute you could take his car on the power tour and I'm sure pics would be taken along with a story about him and you.;) I'm sure he'd be tickled about it.:cool:

I just heard of Mikes Passing. My condolences from my family and the Buick family in Austin.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Eticket (John Nguyen) was there for Mike in the end and helped ease the pain with his visits.
Can't say enough about John. I will definitely be getting Mike's car out and about. I know I won't be able to drive it like he could but I'll try.

Mike was and will always be one of the best. I'm proud to have gotten to know him more over the years and glad that I was able to see him often through the end. He had a crazy good memory of stuff over the years.

As for his car - it's a model of consistency and built like no other.

I remember the day I first met Mike Hogan in Bowling Green - two guys from Dallas drove to bowling green to meet two guys from Austin to exchange some parts and $. what a hoot.

He will be missed, but his car and parts will live on.

RIP Mike!!!!!!!

I knew him from countless trips to the OK event. Always a stand up guy. Never had a bad thing to say about anyone. You will be missed my friend!

With Kind Regards,
Chris McDade

Mike was one of the nicest persons I have ever met. He was the kind of person that you were proud to be his friend. Mike was very smart and could have done anything to make a living. He was a genuine car guy; it was his passion to work on cars. I will miss you my friend.
Raul