And the WINNER in BG is ?????

Ohh.. wanted to add.. the average weight on the cars was between 3700 -3800 lbs with driver. Randy's was the lightest at 3550. Heaviest was I believe Joe M Limited at 3850.

Fastest car 10.58 and slowest was 11.9. Thats the spread.. not bad :)

There was a rogue time trial I made a night. 10.60 @ 128 mph. Not during qualifying though. Lots left in the car. 9.9-10.2 A/F ratio, 20* of timing and max boost was 22psi. Oh the alky was on 8 with no knock. There's my "tune".

Hats off to Julio for putting on the race. Again congrats to JD and Jason! Goes to show you anything can happen. Sucks for me but thats racing. I had a blast. I think this class is gonna take off after this year.

Joe, it was awesome hanging out and I'm glad to help my competition. Oh by the way machiato's are still gay.

Julio, next time we're boiling three sacks of crawfish. Dan you missed that, there was alot of people tearing those "mudbugs" up.

There was a rogue time trial I made a night. 10.60 @ 128 mph. Not during qualifying though. Lots left in the car. 9.9-10.2 A/F ratio, 20* of timing and max boost was 22psi. Oh the alky was on 8 with no knock. There's my "tune".

Hats off to Julio for putting on the race. Again congrats to JD and Jason! Goes to show you anything can happen. Sucks for me but thats racing. I had a blast. I think this class is gonna take off after this year.

Joe, it was awesome hanging out and I'm glad to help my competition. Oh by the way machiato's are still gay.

Julio, next time we're boiling three sacks of crawfish. Dan you missed that, there was alot of people tearing those "mudbugs" up.

Whats up with the new signature Damon.:confused:

If I ran a 10.60 I would be plastering it all over the place....:smile:

I guess its old hat now.:eek:

I accidentally erased some of the old one while updating, didn't feel like typing it again so I cleaned it out. I thought the new one was funny

Yeah 10's have been "old hat" for me since 2004. Now 10's on pump gas, that's not. :D

You got to hate it when 10.60's became yesterdays numbers :D

Mud Bugs... yummy.. watch them mushrooms.. they can be a dooozy :eek: :eek: :D

Thanks for the times update Julio :biggrin: Do they have this BG thing every year :confused: ?? I may have to show up at one :p Anything goin to happen @ Reynolds ?? :cool:

First of all..the avergage was not 3800, I was WAAY off average!! LOL
I was close to 2 tons, amazing. I need to put the car on a diet or stop racing with a full tank of fuel!

Some thoughts for the next race...
<Flame suit on> No slicks. Hear me out.
We run as "fast street cars" right? On 93 octane and a full weight car..why not make it drag radials only? Just a thought.

Joe.. I'm happy to see 8 cars coming together. With rules as lax as they were.. I was hoping for more.

Yes I agree on the tires.. but when it comes down to it, 90% of anyone participating in the class will trailer the car in.. at that point.. 90% will probably have slicks on.

Yes.. yours was the heaviest :D

Since you knew I spelled it correctly that confirms your gayness.

I too vote on the drag radial rule. It'll make it more interesting.

3800#'s??? At least I wasn't the heaviest at 3770#'s. Could have sworn Julio was standing on the scale when I weighed. :smile:

Alright Julio where's the pics?????

Since you knew I spelled it correctly that confirms your gayness.

I too vote on the drag radial rule. It'll make it more interesting.

3800#'s??? At least I wasn't the heaviest at 3770#'s. Could have sworn Julio was standing on the scale when I weighed. :smile:

Alright Julio where's the pics?????

Yep, I came in at 3800 even. I think JD was the only slick car. That said I don't believe he had any advantage over anyone based on his 60s, but it would be more interesting, plus the fact you can say it's a total street car on 93 octane w/DOTs.

If the class does get larger, and we still do the 10gallons of fillup, I can see a way to seal the tank being useful. With 8 of us that know each other I know there wasn't any hijinx. If things catch on and others join in, I can see it becoming an issue down the road. With fuel going up, I think you will see more alky cars in the future.

Julio, when's the IPO coming out, I want to get in on the ground floor. :)

Julio,
Please send me info on where to send prizes
Congrats to the winners!!!!!! I got a little soft spot for that quirky kid anyway :)
Mike

Yep, I came in at 3800 even. I think JD was the only slick car. That said I don't believe he had any advantage over anyone based on his 60s, but it would be more interesting, plus the fact you can say it's a total street car on 93 octane w/DOTs.

If the class does get larger, and we still do the 10gallons of fillup, I can see a way to seal the tank being useful. With 8 of us that know each other I know there wasn't any hijinx. If things catch on and others join in, I can see it becoming an issue down the road. With fuel going up, I think you will see more alky cars in the future.

Julio, when's the IPO coming out, I want to get in on the ground floor. :)

we were thinking slicks for safety reasons .. BUT it sounds like the track was prepped great !! ummmm as far as gas we always run a full tank.. it would be nice to see the class grow!! Hey ya had more cars than last year !! I would also like to see a "normal" weight for the cars .. I think the weight now was 3400 .. How do ya get a street car that light ?? WTH is an "IPO" :confused:

Initial public offering. For a company that has begun to sell stock.

we were thinking slicks for safety reasons ..
For saftey reasons? Dave Fiscus saftley went 8.54 at 164+!!!
With drag radials.. :biggrin:

Why in the world would that be "Not safe" for the TAI cars, some maybe in the (possible high 9's)-but mostly in the 10's, 11's & 12's ????

Just don't make sense to me when a TSO car can do it saftley in the 8's @ 164+ and your concerned about saftey on a 10-12sec car. :confused:

I also think they should be drag radials...

Scot W.

Tires...Doesnt matter.. both you guys didnt have cars there so :p

No pixs until next weekend.. the camera wasnt mine.. and all the supporting doc's are with Jim the race director.. so as soon as I can get them from him.. i'll follow up.

For saftey reasons? Dave Fiscus saftley went 8.54 at 164+!!!
With drag radials.. :biggrin:

Why in the world would that be "Not safe" for the TAI cars, some maybe in the (possible high 9's)-but mostly in the 10's, 11's & 12's ????

Scot W.

"maybe" because we have a stock suspension street driven car :rolleyes: Big difference between an 8 sec car and a 12 sec car just in case ya didn't know ! BUT like Julio said it doesn't matter what we think because we were NOT there (thats the way it should be) . :p