And the WINNER in BG is ?????

He's burning up with cabin fever! Ever since last winter.

I think he is just harassing..... b/c he decided not to come to BG..... and he coulda...woulda.... shoulda.... competed in the TAI class.... he probably would have even been competitive :eek: ...... LOL

With fuel prices... I am suprised the turnout was as good as it was....

We still had a blast...

We were pitted behind the stands.... kinda between Odell C.... and Lee Thompson.... we had the black Iroc hybrid.... :frown: ...we stayed over at the campground.... beside JD... I was with the A&A Performance guys... I was the fat white guy :rolleyes: ... usually with an A&A shirt on....

"maybe" because we have a stock suspension street driven car :rolleyes: Big difference between an 8 sec car and a 12 sec car just in case ya didn't know ! BUT like Julio said it doesn't matter what we think because we were NOT there (thats the way it should be) . :p
You crack me up with your half witted humor! (just in case ya didn't know!) :rolleyes: So, You go ahead there old man and school us all on the BIG saftey differance with slicks over Drag Radials on a stock suspension car in the HIGH, HIGH 9's - 12sec. I'm sure with your experiance we should see a nice explanation. ;)

To me, At that level there really isn't a safey concern with either tire!!

Okay, back to my new projects :biggrin:

Scot W.

You crack me up with your half witted humor! (just in case ya didn't know!) :rolleyes: So, You go ahead there old man and school us all on the BIG saftey differance with slicks over Drag Radials on a stock suspension car in the HIGH, HIGH 9's - 12sec. I'm sure with your experiance we should see a nice explanation. ;)

To me, At that level there really isn't a safey concern with either tire!!

Okay, back to my new projects :biggrin:

Scot W.

SOOOOO what you YOU done ???? NO woulda coulda shoulda ifa's :p I also don't like changing tires BUT we are goin to give slicks a whirl . hopefully your next car will go better than the last .. oh ya want to buy another :rolleyes: I guess we are not completely out of Buicks "yet" .. Isn't the net great for all the bench racing ;)

Attachments

• Home again.JPG
    Home again.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 125
SOOOOO what you YOU done ????
LOL Well where is your explanation? let's start with that instead of getting all flustered and typing away like a banny rooster! :biggrin:

Explanation Yet?

What Iv'e already accomplished with my car was, I took a buick and built it for Autocross and roadcourse and drove it 4hrs each way to BG for the last three years with my son and just to see what it would due after just installing a start up tune from Cal, (Yes, Start up tune!! Not even been tweeked for years like yours!) The boat weighing in at 3,800lb with me in it went 123mph with 20lbs boost on 17" "Z" rated falcon street tires and a 2.215 60'.
AND WE DROVE IT BACK HOME WITH THE AIR ON!!! :biggrin:

So seeing the knowledge you have i'm sure you can see the possibilites of the car. I didn't build it just for drag racing. I built it because people told me that you can't build a car to perform doing both autocross / dragracing.

Well I done it!!! :) The Buick was only 3/4 of a second off of a full SCCA mustang with autocross slicks all the way around (Me? I just had those measly flacon tires!) :biggrin:

And without changing a single thing to my car other than changing to slicks at the strip it has had 60's in the 1.5's (still leaving the heavy 8" wide front Tourque Thrust II's on it)..

Along with it being in several magazines, One full page artical.

Oh BTW: This was also done by a hadicaped person that had his right foot severed off in 2004!!!! :)

I consider that an accomplishment....

Hope to see you soon! ;)
Scot W.

im gonna have to make one of these events i have had this car for over 8 years and never ever went to any buicks events, lol. never ran the car on drag radials and would not mind as my car does not 60' worth anything anyway as it is only in the mid 1.6's

im gonna have to make one of these events i have had this car for over 8 years and never ever went to any buicks events, lol. never ran the car on drag radials and would not mind as my car does not 60' worth anything anyway as it is only in the mid 1.6's
You should! It's a great time plus it's nice to be around buick folk and meet new people.

Scot W.

LOL Well where is your explanation? let's start with that instead of getting all flustered and typing away like a banny rooster! :biggrin:

Explanation Yet?

What Iv'e have already accomplished with my car was, I took a buick and built it for Autocross and roadcourse and drove it 4hrs each way to BG for the last three years with my son and just to see what it would due after just installing a start up tune from Cal, (Yes, Start up tune!! Not even been tweeked for years like yours!) The boat weighing in at 3,800lb with me in it went 123mph with 20lbs boost on 17" "Z" rated falcon street tires and a 2.215 60'.
AND WE DROVE IT BACK HOME WITH THE AIR ON!!! :biggrin:

So seeing the knowledge you have i'm sure you can see the possibilites of the car. I didn't build it just for drag racing. I built it because people told me that you can't build a car to perform doing both autocross / dragracing.

Well I done it!!! :) The Buick was only 3/4 of a second off of a full SCCA mustang with autocross slicks all the way around (Me? I just had those measly flacon tires!) :biggrin:

And without changing a single thing to my car other than changing to slicks at the strip it has had 60's in the 1.5's (still leaving the heavy 8" wide front Tourque Thrust II's on it)..

Along with it being in several magazines, One full page artical.

I consider that an accomplishment....

Hope to see you soon! ;)
Scot W.

ummm what does that matter?? that was yesterday and yesterday is GONE and so is your car :p ...
hahahaha..tweaked like mine for years .. 2 years ago we decided to step her car "up" .. She ran mid 11s for years in her Limited T, GN, and her mothers T. SOOO it was Sept of 2006 she went to the track with her new set up.. 5 runs later she ran her best of a 10.8 ( so that was her first day at the track ..oh ya we got thrown out for safety "stuff" ) 3 weeks later she is legal again so we went back up .. best was a 10.6 .. next week a 10.3 and the last week a 10.2 (our track closes Oct 31st) Not bad for a few track sessions.. oh we went to Atco a few weeks later and ran a 10.10 .. that was her accomplishment for 2006 with drag radials .. not to shabby for a no brainer combo :p oh she runs with "normal " front tires to... I guess that could be years in old man's time :biggrin: 2007 she finally got her 9 sec run.. 2008 ?? who knows BUT she now has a house ... hmmmm .. ya wanna buy a car that DOES run in the 9's ?? I am sure she would sell it for the right price :biggrin: ..

we were thinking slicks for safety reasons ..
All I was doing was simply replying to this statement and leave it to you to turn this into "my dad can beat up your dad" BS. You always seem to get puffed up like a blowfish when ANYONE has a different say in any matter you have. Grow up old man!! You reply like a child with your "look at me & what we have done" BS. Save it for someone who cares!! When someone responds to you, You always respond like a little banny rooster on a key board. Pretty humorous really to see an older man like yourself reply with such childlike replys.

Good bye danny! ;)

ummm what does that matter?? that was yesterday and yesterday is GONE and so is your car :p ...
hahahaha..tweaked like mine for years .. 2 years ago we decided to step her car "up" .. She ran mid 11s for years in her Limited T, GN, and her mothers T. SOOO it was Sept of 2006 she went to the track with her new set up.. 5 runs later she ran her best of a 10.8 ( so that was her first day at the track ..oh ya we got thrown out for safety "stuff" ) 3 weeks later she is legal again so we went back up .. best was a 10.6 .. next week a 10.3 and the last week a 10.2 (our track closes Oct 31st) Not bad for a few track sessions.. oh we went to Atco a few weeks later and ran a 10.10 .. that was her accomplishment for 2006 with drag radials .. not to shabby for a no brainer combo :p oh she runs with "normal " front tires to... I guess that could be years in old man's time :biggrin: 2007 she finally got her 9 sec run.. 2008 ?? who knows BUT she now has a house ... hmmmm .. ya wanna buy a car that DOES run in the 9's ?? I am sure she would sell it for the right price :biggrin: ..
LOL :rolleyes:

SAFE!!!!!! 8.11 @ 174 mph

(sorry I couldn't resist)

Attachments

• _DSC2972.jpg
    _DSC2972.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 106
Joe, stop hating 'cause you don't have an iPhone and love machiato's. We know where the all nude joint is. We had a blast there last year. Funny rule, can't buy beer there, but you can bring it and drink it in your car.:confused: