What is the dumbest question someone has asked you about your car?

"when you gone sell me dat Monte Carlo white bread? I gots 3 thousand dolla's right now......."

Quote from one of my sons middle school teachers......

From a coworker....
Him: 28k miles...nice car, ill trade you my 65 vette (complete non # basket case) convertable for the buick and your stained glass church windows.
Me: uhmm...no, I know what u paid.
Him: but its a vette!
Me: dude, it hasnt run since 78, and it needs a full resto.
Him: give me your car, then sell the vette and buy another buick.
Me: why dont u sell it yourself then?
Him: im not a buick guy...id end up buying another mercedes (he loves 67-73 w108 w109) 300sel 6.3.
Me: omg no deal...see you monday.

A guy at the Pavillions car show in Scottsdale pointing at my car and telling his pre teen son "Look at all the gauges in this car. That right there is known as an 'All Show-No Go' car. Heck son , it's a Buick fer chrissake."

He made eye contact with me and gave a half hearted "Nice car."

I just smiled and nodded.

"hey baby u want a dance"?

Yes at a strip club, and yea i said yes :)..

doh!.jpg

My Grand National: "Oh! A Monte Carlo!!!!!" With my '69 Vette at the gas station: Some sap came over and SWORE that it was a '53 Vette!!!:eek:

Then, when I had just stripped my '66 Vette coupe for paint, but was still driving it to work, no paint, no emblems, no bumpers, no sidepipe covers, I was parking it at work in the morning when some sap in a '67 427 Vette stopped next to me and said: "Are you going to junk it or sell it?" He wasn't kidding either.....he got the biggest stink eye from me ever...felt like throttling the sap.

Blue Steel.....'87GN(Bruce Urie)

I was thinking about this, and I can top my first post.

Last fall (2011) a buddy & I were at an inaugural local po-dunk town carshow with our '87 GN's. Towards the end of the day a clan of hillrods decended upon our cars. The one goober was leaning into my engine bay like he was trying to access the oil filter from the top. I got outa my chair & jumped his $hit asking WTF he thought he was doing digging in my engine bay. This is where it got real stupid real fast.

He started in rambling about how he knew this guy who knew this guy who worked for GM when these cars were being developed and was looking for the belt that spins the turbo.:confused: This a$$hat argued with me until I was about ready to punch his retarded head about how when these cars were being developed, that the turbos were supposed to be belt driven. He then tells me that my car must have been changed from original because of no belt.

I pointed to my friends car (sitting directly next to mine) and said "Look at his car, same F-ING CAR, NO BELT FOR THE TURBO!! So either both these cars have been "modified" from original design, or just maybe you don't know WTF you're talking about, now go away & don't bother us anymore".

Yesterday at the parts tore while buying a water pump for the GN, the DoucheF@g working at the counter proceeded to TELL me that in 86-87 the Corvette had the option for the 231 3.8 Turbo motor but you had to sign a waiver voiding all warranty if you chose that motor option. Why do we seem to attract the stupidest car guys with the most outlandish comments?

Well cars in the back of our shop till we get it running and when ever my friends pull their talons and civic's in they always look at it and laugh saying "how fast can a Buick really be?" Then I take the blanket off the engine and they start back peddeling their statements abd saying its a really modified motor. I still have emissions crap on the car!!!

Last year took the wife on a joy ride, had been awhile since she was in the car. Heading back home stopped at a light, car pulls up, bumper to my door. I look over its a late 80s camaro in primer and bondo with the passenger and driver eye balling my car. Driver pulls up and they motion for me to lower my window. I crack it a bit,
Passenger: hey homie..how much you pay fo' dat?
Me : ehhh I got a lot into it.
Passenger: How much to buy it?
Me: 15s..........
Passenger: 1500?????????????????
Me and wife(laughing our @sses off) shake my head no
Passenger looks at driver, looks back at me...: 15000?..For that monte, you tryna rip me? (smirking)

I roll window back up, the camaro revs up, tries to take off on green. I mat the gas and leave him just past the intersection.

Also at a gas station, the fumes must mess up some of those peeps... :eek:

Guy asks me after I just drove up to the pumps and shut it off, "Hey does the turbo still work in that thing?"

I had no reply. :p

Should have told him no, the engines off.

GF’s brother . . . is a mechanic and is never lost for words. Started talking about HER GN . . .
Him: “You should just drop a 350 Chebby in it . . .”
Me: "I am not trying to slow the car down."
Him: Speechless.

GF’s still laughing 2 years later . . .

Last year on the power tour a few of us went out to eat while in Indy and since I am from the Indy area I lead the convoy of 6 turbo Buicks. This guy in a dodge magnum pulls up next to me at a light and starts asking questions and says he love the cars. After the light turns green he nailed it. I in turn nailed it and left him badly. At the next light he asked about the engine. I tell him it is a v6 and he swears up and down I am lying or I am wrong and a v6 can't beat a hemi like that. I told him he is going to need a bigger hemi. He offered to trade me his Magnum for the GN. What a bargain. For him!

Admirer: where's the other turbo?
Me: it only has one....
Admirer: I thought all GN's had twin turbos....
Me: Nope all factory LC2's only have a single turbo.... really only need a single
Admirer: ahhhh, I'm thinking of the GNX.... that has the twin turbo setup.
Me: Yeah..... exactly :rolleyes:

I have three T's at the shop right now. My brother's 80,ooo mile 1 owner 87. My Burgandy 87 and a White 86 we're currently doing up for the wife. My brother's car and the White one are both slated for a little paint wokr this summer. Once a week or so I get a....let's call them hood types, asking if either of Monte's out front are for sale. Periodically I actually get one the knows they are a Buick. Inevitably when they walk in the shop and turn around they see my finished up Burgandy T on 17 custom built deep lip TT2 wheels, slightly lowered and tinted windows. Suddenly it's all about:

"Yo playa, how much for THAT one. That ride is siiiiiiiccccckkkkkkk."
I say it's not really for sale but 14,000 would be bottom dollar.
They give me a look like "WTF" and every time say:
"Dog, I give ya 5k right now."
I decline after trying not to laugh at their ridiculous offer, and so far 70% they say:
"Come on man. It ain't no Gran Natty or nuttin. My bro gots a Nat for 3k from XXX the other day son."
I inform them that it is exactly the same car as a GN except the color and mine has pretty much a full restoration and run 11's all day on pump gas with the A/C blowing ice cold....and I'm holding it back to not tear it up as I have other cars I race hard.
They give me a skeptical look and then comes the:
"K dog. You take $1500 for Regal, Monte, Cutty(could be any depending on guy) outside."
I decline again and say they are the same car as this one so you do the math minus the restoration.
They are like "Damn dude. How much?"
I tell them and they still offer me some pissant amount that might, I say might, buy a basket case plain Regal.
I tell them that these cars aren't cheap. I know what I have and that I MIGHT be able to dig up a G body in their price range if they want me to....but it'll need some work for sure.
They walk out and are ALWAYS muttering to themselves and looking back at the one in the window I wasn't desperate to sell for less than the engine cost. LOLOLOL