Give me your honest opinion of what my car is worth.

Very nice car. I almost had a similar thing happen to me. Some guy came up and wanted to buy my car but I wasn't around and he was talking to my friends who were parked next to me. They said he was really interested in buying it and would stop back later. Never saw the guy though, I was busy picking up my trophy. :) But it sure gets you thinking for sure!
Like the other guys mentioned, how much would it cost to replace it. Would you buy another GN and if you would, would you build it just like you did this one? Or are there things you'd do differently or completely different next time? If so, maybe it'd be worth selling.
That seems like a good price you asked. If he wants it that bad he'll pay big bucks for it.

Keep us posted!

Thanks again guys for all of your responses, and compliments. I did no not contact the buyer today. I still have plans for the car, including a dyno tuning session with Bison in just over a month, Cruisin the Coast 2017. I have a shelf full of parts to install... Art Carr deep pan, aluminum driveshaft, new window motors, window turbo, 60lb injectors, new chip, LS1 MAF, AXIS tuner, RJC Power Plate, EGR delete plate, and power Monte SS side mirrors. So I am still undecided....

Keep your thoughts coming ( positive or negative ) I appreciate it! James-

Went to a car show and sold my mustang. Then bought the TR, greatest headache I bought. I would sell for the right price. Just enjoy the build . My thoughts

Went to a car show and sold my mustang. Then bought the TR, greatest headache I bought. I would sell for the right price. Just enjoy the build . My thoughts
Knowing what you know now, would you have done it again?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

James, 25k sounds decent for a really nice GN. But yours is REALLY nice. But once it's gone, you have 25k. Sounds like a lot, but really it's not. What can you get for that? Its a vicious circle. That will get you into another project, not likely as nice as you have now, then the real spending begins,,,,,,again. I've seen this car, not your average GN. Honestly, I pd. more than that to get mine back. I regretted sell it 18 years ago.

kirban 2 cents worth

Whatever you decide you as the owner get a good feeling your car is worth at least 25 grand to someone. Every time I take my Turbo-T to get inspected they want me to pick it up as soon as its done as people see the car and stop and want to buy it. Happens alot.

Usually I am not a fan of modified interiors but I like what you did with the console. What is the console out of? Did you retain the stock shifter?

Years ago AVC besides doing a GNX dash that was a real bargain by todays standard did a kit that used the Hurst quarter stick. You switched out the top plate with this precut metal plate that was already grey and had the PRND321 engraved in it.....The quarter stick gave a good feel for
the shifter compared to the one from the factory.

The offer I am sure was tempting....but like any major decision as my Dad would often say sleep on it a nite before deciding.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

James, 25k sounds decent for a really nice GN. But yours is REALLY nice. But once it's gone, you have 25k. Sounds like a lot, but really it's not. What can you get for that? Its a vicious circle. That will get you into another project, not likely as nice as you have now, then the real spending begins,,,,,,again. I've seen this car, not your average GN. Honestly, I pd. more than that to get mine back. I regretted sell it 18 years ago.
David, Thank you for that.

Don't mind those lowballing T Type owners. They are just butt hurt that the GN's are far less rare but somehow pull much more money. :confused:
Just kidding guys, I wish I had a T sometimes. That being said, although I think that $25k is a fair offer for your car given the current market, I would not settle for that if I were you since you have so much attachment to it. Seems like your "let it go" number should be where mine is. I love mine to death, but it is still a burden since we all know that these cars can be a PITA sometimes and they ALL have gremlins. I would let mine go for the right price, but then again I've had mine 19 years now. When I bought it, I got it because I wanted a modern musclecar that was quiet, fast, and had modern amenities. I still do not see it as a classic and my CTS-V has pretty much replaced it in a lot of aspects. I would love to take that money and put it into my '59 LeSabre (and put some goodies into the V).

kirban 2 cents worth

Whatever you decide you as the owner get a good feeling your car is worth at least 25 grand to someone. Every time I take my Turbo-T to get inspected they want me to pick it up as soon as its done as people see the car and stop and want to buy it. Happens alot.

Usually I am not a fan of modified interiors but I like what you did with the console. What is the console out of? Did you retain the stock shifter?

Years ago AVC besides doing a GNX dash that was a real bargain by todays standard did a kit that used the Hurst quarter stick. You switched out the top plate with this precut metal plate that was already grey and had the PRND321 engraved in it.....The quarter stick gave a good feel for
the shifter compared to the one from the factory.

The offer I am sure was tempting....but like any major decision as my Dad would often say sleep on it a nite before deciding.

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Dennis, Thank you for chiming in. I was hoping you would do so, as your experience and 2 cents are always appreciated by me on any subject. The console is from a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix, and yes with some modifications, I was able to use the stock shifter.

Don't mind those lowballing T Type owners. They are just butt hurt that the GN's are far less rare but somehow pull much more money. :confused:
Just kidding guys, I wish I had a T sometimes. That being said, although I think that $25k is a fair offer for your car given the current market, I would not settle for that if I were you since you have so much attachment to it. Seems like your "let it go" number should be where mine is. I love mine to death, but it is still a burden since we all know that these cars can be a PITA sometimes and they ALL have gremlins. I would let mine go for the right price, but then again I've had mine 19 years now. When I bought it, I got it because I wanted a modern musclecar that was quiet, fast, and had modern amenities. I still do not see it as a classic and my CTS-V has pretty much replaced it in a lot of aspects. I would love to take that money and put it into my '59 LeSabre (and put some goodies into the V).

Your meandering again........... Stop it. :D

A 99K, not anywhere near or close to a bone stock GN.

25K offered.

If this guy doesn't jump on that, he'll lose even more when he finally puts it up here for sale.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, I'm just being realistic on this particular board.

There's an ass for every seat.

Last edited:
My opinion:
NADA prices are 14-26K so in reality 25k is fair, in THIS economy. Hagerty list the value around 14k.

As stated . . replacement cost, thats if you would replace. lol

The car is done right and is strong. I see cars sold with big problems that can take months of not years to sort out. At that point, its break even financially, not withstanding the labor and sleepless nights required.

Just had a similar friendly conversation at a show a few weeks ago. Told the guy that for "me" . . . Its would take $80k min to start *thinking* about a sale. Crazy I know but thats the value proposition of car+emotional value+ labor.

The market value will only increase, the value you place on your time for the next build will increase, while your emotional value will fluctuate. Lol. Good luck!