Comments made about your car

I have had lots of people think that all gn's are gnx's. Lots of people think that only gn's are intercooled and all T's are hot air cars. I get annoyed when people come up to me and call it a grannash.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

My first car show experience was pretty funny with this car. I parked it and was walking around looking at other cars. I came across an 80's Hurst Olds. As I'm looking it over the owner comes up and proudly tells me about how awesome his car is. I can't get a word in with this guy. He then proceeds to point to my gn and say, "you see that car over there? It only came with a V6. Mine could smoke that car." He went on for a long time about his mighty 307 warrior. I just smiled and listened as he spoon fed me a ton of bs. About an hour later I headed out. I saw him leaving and left right behind him. At the light I got right up beside him. He saw me in the car and looked back straight with this ashamed look on his face. He took off real slow and so did I for a moment, taunting him. Then I decided to give him a little smoke show from a roll.

Well, I guess so far I'm the only one here that has a "no good" tractor. I've heard from several people those Internationals like I have were bad from the factory. :confused:

Having a WE4 most people already think it's a GN and I will usually try to explain the difference but sometimes I don't even try, especially to the ones who give out the "I know it all vibe". The analogy I use that most people understand is comparing a Mustang LX 5.0 to the GT when describing the differences between a GN and a T and of course then I get the question, "Is it fast?" I usually say it's alright for a six cylinder. ;)

The 2 I get is when I drive the GN,some had said cool car,then say the GNX's twin turbo must be real fast !
And when I drive the TTA,alot of people had said after they look under the hood,"who put that in there ? " I actually hate explaining it now.

Lets see...I have had these asked to me......

Wow that's sweet interior who did it?.......I try not to laugh and say...uhhh GM!

I also have gotten the ....Is it a real one?

Of course I've had..."that's a sweet Monte Carlo"

Oh and the....."that's the car from Fast and Furious"

One of my favorites......man that's nice...these GN's ran 10's stock didn't they?

My Tag says NOTSTOK.....so this past Sunday a guy gets behind me and is honking giving me thumbs up......I pull into the gas station and he pulls up next to me.......he says..."damn that thing is sweet, what you got in it?" I said it "still has the V6".....I thought he knew what it was.....then he said...."oh.... well, your tag said Not Stock so I thought you had a small block in it or something".......

At that point I ended the conversation with a chuckle and said have a nice day!;)

It happened again, I was getting my new drag radials put on my rims and a guy driving by stopped in to talk to me. We were talking about my car and whats he say? Do you know Frank Parvan? If you didn't see my earlier post, I mentioned where ever I go someone asks me if I know Frank. It's going to be my mission to find Frank. I must meet this guy so I can say, yes, I know Frank. He must have a fast GN.

It happened again, I was getting my new drag radials put on my rims and a guy driving by stopped in to talk to me. We were talking about my car and whats he say? Do you know Frank Parvan? If you didn't see my earlier post, I mentioned where ever I go someone asks me if I know Frank. It's going to be my mission to find Frank. I must meet this guy so I can say, yes, I know Frank. He must have a fast GN.
Around here it is "Do you know Mike Hall?" Mike Hall had a GNX back in the day and sent it to Conley's in TX for go fast parts. He had one of the fastest cars around (when it ran LOL). I even saw a picture of him in a magazine with a caption "Day is over for Mike Hall" and a pic of him standing by his car on a trailer. I heard he got into drugs, got divorced, sold his GNX, owed back taxes, etc.

Around here it is "Do you know Mike Hall?" Mike Hall had a GNX back in the day and sent it to Conley's in TX for go fast parts. He had one of the fastest cars around (when it ran LOL). I even saw a picture of him in a magazine with a caption "Day is over for Mike Hall" and a pic of him standing by his car on a trailer. I heard he got into drugs, got divorced, sold his GNX, owed back taxes, etc.

Like a boss!

Last night picking up some food and i hear a pissz behind me. 60 ish year pld filipino lady came from the nail salon and says exsuze me sir wat kind off kar u got..monte carlo?..lol. I said monte carlo like i was disgusted and she says oh so sorry ..laughed she was cool.. Shes like im jus going by the back end. I explained n said same family though

Last night i'm outside my car in the campus apartment parking lot getting everything ready to swap out the old spark plugs and put in the new ones, when someone pulls up in a newer car with 4 people in the car and the driver rolls down their window to start a conversation with me when they seen my 87 T. Of course the first thing they say is, "is that a grand national?".
No it's actually a T, but it's pretty much the same car. They said something else and i told them they came with the same engine and transmission just came in a different color but it's basically the same car. So then he says "My brother has a grand national and they're a sick car".

I asked what year was his brother's ( almost everytime someone tries to tell me they or someone else they know has a grand national, it's one of my standard questions to find out if they're just saying it to try to sound cool or if they aren't just bs'ing me ).
"I think it's an '88 or something, i'm not sure". So i said they didnt have an '88, and asked him what did the grill look like? " It has a black grill", so i then asked him did it have silver on the grill with buick in the center at the top of it or was it all black. "It's all black", so then i said it has to be an 87 then because in 84 to 86 they didn't come with all black grills.
He was young but was cool about it all.
He told me he thought they were cool and that i had a nice car.
He then said see ya later and he went off to go about wherever it was.

I had meant to say chrome at the top of the grill when i asked him about the color of the grill, but i was testing the guy when i slipped out with saying silver. At least they knew if it was a buick even though the only badging on my car is on the hood, the T fender badging and the grill which they couldn't see as it was facing away from them because all they could see was the driver side and back of the car where i was parked, by them asking if it was a grand national so i didn't mind them asking the question as much. They were polite the whole time and eager to listen so i didn't mind educating alittle bit.
Sometimes i hate that the fast and furious movies put a gn look a like in their movies, now alot of people think any car that body shape with gta style looking rims and blacked out trim must be gn or something. But seeing as the T-types and 87 T's weren't talked about as much along with alot fewer made, alot of people just assume everyone of the Turbo Buicks that were made from the 80's was a GN or something.

Oh well, keeps us TR owners from being bored i guess, lol.

Last edited:
I had someone at a car cruise yesterday come up and ask what year it was. When I said 896 he said huh, I would have guessed early 70's

He drove up in a 71 GTO so I would have figured he knew.

It's actually quite scary how many people have no idea what alot of cars are, but own historic vehicles of some sort. Also are alot of people that just focus on certain vehicles and never bother to learn anything about other vehicles that are out there.

Was crusing woodward, and had a lady in her 50's say at a light "nice monte carlo". I was like no way. Even ladies??? Dam... I mind as well just ******* take off all its emblems and put Monte Carlo on there. ****it! Now it's a Monte freaking Carlo lol.
I told her it was a Buick, and she said "I like those too." lol. People amaze me.
These days I actually give less slack to people around me now because with all these high speed phones you guys have, there's no excuse now. You have a personal computer at your disposal 24/7. No excuse. Look it up junior.