Comments made about your car

I caught a few people when I was coming out of stores taking pictures. I just calmly walk up and say thats 5 dollars please! They chuckle and tell me I have a nice car. I usually get "I haven't seen one of those in forever, I remember it was the car to have." I did race a power stroke once, I heard the loud turbo whistle, at the next light I asked how much boost he was running and he said he'd maxed out the 45psi gauge and doesn't know. Then asked if I had a small block and I told him a v6 with a turbo. And we all know the confused puzzled look people give us. :wacky:

I like to wow those who are familiar with the car, but don't really know the capabilities. I was getting gas and a guy with a new Camaro SS was talking to me. I told him my list of mods and I guess he didn't think much about it since I am driving an 80's V6. Then I told him my track times and pointed out the steet tires I accomplished them with and the fact that I am over 3900lbs. At that point he was blown away. I've had a few similar conversations.

The wife (now my x) called the t a monte carlo most memorable memory and that was 6 years ago.

I went to a Church car show full of old cars, 70s , and older. There was a 70 year old couple sitting in front of thier car. As I drove through I heard the lady say remember when we had a Monte Carlo like that.

Got a fresh one from tonight's cruise-in.

"Man, they quit making these when the cops couldn't catch them." :rolleyes:

Why did you take a 350 out of a nice GTA and replace it with a nissan motor?....I live on a house boat and sell meth....need any?

At least I'm not the only one.

"Nice Monte Carlo" is the most famous of them all.

My car has also appeared to be a 1995 grand national (yes, a 1995), a mustang, and a camaro. (women, lol)

"Is it the twin turbo edition?"

"Nice GNX!"

"aw man, its an automatic? It must be slow."

"do you have a supercharger?"

"what kind of gas mileage do you get?"

"Holy shit, I bet that thing hauls ASS!"

"I dont want to race, that thing looks scary"

"Ill race the mustang, but not you"

lol, some of it is retarded, but the majority is silly/funny.

Oh, and of course the NOZ question. That will continue to haunt us for the rest of our lives with these cars (Thanks, Fast and the Furiouzzzz)

Had ductless a/c installed in the house Monday. One of the workers was a friendly guy in his early 20s. He asked if my car was a T Type. I said yes but in 87 they just called it a T. He told me his brother had a T Type. Of course then the conversation went to the infamous twin turbo when he asked if it had twins. I patiently explained to him there were never any productions twin turbos and the only factory made one was on a Riviera pace car. He was good about learning. He asked a few more questions and said he liked the car.
The last cruise night I was at a guy came over that has a low 11 second early 70s bb Monte Carlo with NOS. He was very respectful of Turbo Buicks. He does a fair amount of street racing and told me in the early 90s he wouldn't race any because he couldn't tell if they were going to fast.

I was at a local cruise night about a month ago. At the end, some of the idiots leaving decided they would put on a show by trying to burn out while exiting the parking lot onto the busy turnpike. Well anyway, decided to hang out for a while with some buddies but wanted to move my car off the lawn where it was locked in earlier in the night to the parking lot where my buddies were. As I was moving my car, one of the idiots yells out "Let me here that turbo". If any of these guys had a clue about what a car can do with more than 2 to 3 times the 300 hp they probably have then they wouldn't dare step on it on the street either. Needless to say I had no interest in performing for these idiots. Some of these slugs actually almost lost it a few times leaving and was enough to convince me there are still idiots everywhere.
AG.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get mostly positive comments on mine, most gear heads know it was something out of the ordinary. I get the occasional whats its got a 350? and from the not too sharp I get an occasional "is that a monte ss"? If asked what engine I usually say a Turbocharged ,SF injected 3.8. If asked is it fast, I say its plenty fast enough for me. :ROFLMAO:

I walked into the office of the U Pull It and one guy asks if that is a real GNX (it's actually a nice clone). I said no it's a clone. The other guy says he knew it wasn't a real gnx when I drove in. I asked "Really How did you know?" He said because all gnx's were silver. He said he used to work at a Buick dealer when they came out so he knows what he is talking about. When I told him he was full of sh*t (in a nice way) he bet me on his familys' life that they were all silver. So does that mean I have to knock off his family?

Attachments

• HPIM2713.JPG
    HPIM2713.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 214
  • HPIM2714.JPG
    HPIM2714.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 213
  • HPIM2716.JPG
    HPIM2716.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 216
Duh Rick! All the twin turbo FBI ones were silver!

Rick I have heard quite a few dumb comments from people in your neck of the woods and I have only had the car in your area 3 times. You need to get out more and educate the people of central Illinois.

Duh Rick! All the twin turbo FBI ones were silver!

Rick I have heard quite a few dumb comments from people in your neck of the woods and I have only had the car in your area 3 times. You need to get out more and educate the people of central Illinois.
I think they are uneducatable! Once at a gas station a guy asked me if it had the Olds 307 (or something like that). I said I hope not! He gave me the strangest expression! So I told him it is not a Cutlass, it's a Buick. Maybe we should all put this on our trunk lid and see what kind of comments we get.....http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic04a04/31-1064

Last edited:
I walked into the office of the U Pull It and one guy asks if that is a real GNX (it's actually a nice clone). I said no it's a clone. The other guy says he knew it wasn't a real gnx when I drove in. I asked "Really How did you know?" He said because all gnx's were silver. He said he used to work at a Buick dealer when they came out so he knows what he is talking about. When I told him he was full of sh*t (in a nice way) he bet me on his familys' life that they were all silver. So does that mean I have to knock off his family?
NO,paint your car silver so he won't be able to tell it's a clone.

I had a phone conversation with a car broker when I was selling my GN, he proceeded to low ball me and then tell me that GNs only came in black, white, or silver. Then he got pissed when I wouldn't sell it to him for $8,000.

I had a phone conversation with a car broker when I was selling my GN, he proceeded to low ball me and then tell me that GNs only came in black, white, or silver. Then he got pissed when I wouldn't sell it to him for $8,000.
It's obvious he only brokered Hot Wheels cars...
To call yourself a car broker and get the easiest fact to know about a GN wrong...it doesnt bode well for the remainder of your knowledge.

Just had a guy in a Viper yesterday on the turnpike give me the thumbs up as well as the surfer wave. Two of them in the car. Seemed like they jad a faint idea of what it was.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app