Proper tuning.........what does it mean to you???

I have been tunning some cars for a couple of years and every time I see CAL i realize how far I have to go.

I would love to learn from CAL and be able to do half of what he can accomplish.

So CAL when you have the 1 week tunning classes please let me know I will be the first in line.

Of course if you just need pupil to train in the masters eye, I can do that too.

Ther are 2 things that will make or break any car, good breathing and the right tune.

CAL knows how to do it, I wish I could be a hang around and gain knowledgd from this one of a kind individual

Oh by the way YOU DA MAN!!!!!

Man, this is getting embarassing.:oops: Thank you! With all the new systems coming out and all the different types of fuel, every day I realize just how much I don't know.

Man, this is getting embarassing.:oops: Thank you! With all the new systems coming out and all the different types of fuel, every day I realize just how much I don't know.

Well you better keep up with the times, too late to quit now. Shocked me at how fast you make changes and move throught the screens.

Well it's not like you've been caught walking around in a thong and high heels Cal.:eek::p Well, maybe it is.:confused:

I can't agree more with Cal about anyone being able to tune WOT and not taking care of the rest. I see it all the time people come to us to have a car tuned that the "Tuner" made good numbers at WOT but the car drives like complete Azz, doesn't want to idle/surges, or has hard starting and or idles at 2K.... The real amount of time is spent in the drive-ability department and making a strong engine build drive like stock.

,Dan

The key to tunning any type of aftermarket ecm on any type of car is TIME..... You just can't throw in a tune make a few clicks and think hell it's running i'm all set..

The start-up cold and hot takes a few trys. The biggest thing that eats up that time is the driveability /low rpm low load areas. I have spent countless time on my car cause i want it to drive like a stocker and get he best mpg and still have jaw dropping power when you mash the loud pedal.

I made the switch from the stcok ecm to a classic fast yr ago. I had to start from stratch as the system was used and came off of a stage 2 car with huge ass injectors do there was nothing useful there. I started very slowly learning, I now have upgraded to a XFI ( Thanks CAL).

Just remember not to get impatient and it takes time. if you don't have the will to take the time. simply pick up the phone and call Hartline performance he has the skills and the time!

Cal is a great guy and I wouldn't have anybody else tune mine. And alot of the above statements about putting alot of time and parts into a car and not being able to maximize it with out a good tune I agree with. But I have seen some combo's that a tune can't even help. Examples are to tight a converter, to big a turbo., not a good enough fuel delivery system, the list goes on from there.