help from anyone with Facebook

6gunn

high on gas fumes
Does anyone with Facebook know the popular turbo buick groups on there? I don't have a FB so I don't know where to look. I'm trying to sell my GN on ebay and the auction was won by someone who wanted me to send them a pic of the title and of my ID(possible identity theft?) so they can "verify" it's me and not someone trying to sell someone elses car. I sent a pic of the title as they asked, but refuse to send them a pic of my ID, so they flipped out and sent me a barrage of text messages with the attached pic as the last one. I see it says "Marketplace" at the bottom of the pic, so I'm assuming that's Facebook marketplace. Anyone familiar with the layout? If anyone can find where this was posted, would you let me know? I've sent a 2nd chance offer to the next bidder, but if they aren't interested then I'll have to relist the auction and want to clear the air incase anyone sees this persons post. Thanks.

Attachments

• 3144.jpeg
    3144.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 30
That's posted in the "Buick Regal Turbo T" Facebook group.

Thanks! People think I'm a scammer for not wanting to send a pic of my ID in a world where identity theft is a real thing. I sold my 86 GN last year on ebay and the buyer in SC got a loan for the car through his credit union. His CU sent me a check for the full amount and all they asked for was a pic of the title, which I sent. They didn't ask for an ID of any sort...and being a financial institution, they'd go through all the necessary precautions for their client. As for not wanting to meet in person...where the heck did that come from? The guy wanted to fly out here and drive it back to California. I told him that's not possible since it needs engine work...so he must have assumed I was making an excuse to not meet in person? IDK. He also wanted to pay in cash. I told him I'll only accept a check that must clear before I release the car. My reason is that I want an easy and seamless transaction so everything is all taken care of financially before the car changes hands. Is this so unreasonable? The guy obviously needs to brush up on his reading comprehension skills, because all of this could have been avoided had he read and understood the auction description and shipping/payment details. It's all there and should be easy for anyone to understand, but this guy thought he could win the auction then dictate to me how the transaction will go from there. lol, that's not how it works.

Thanks! People think I'm a scammer for not wanting to send a pic of my ID in a world where identity theft is a real thing. I sold my 86 GN last year on ebay and the buyer in SC got a loan for the car through his credit union. His CU sent me a check for the full amount and all they asked for was a pic of the title, which I sent. They didn't ask for an ID of any sort...and being a financial institution, they'd go through all the necessary precautions for their client. As for not wanting to meet in person...where the heck did that come from? The guy wanted to fly out here and drive it back to California. I told him that's not possible since it needs engine work...so he must have assumed I was making an excuse to not meet in person? IDK. He also wanted to pay in cash. I told him I'll only accept a check that must clear before I release the car. My reason is that I want an easy and seamless transaction so everything is all taken care of financially before the car changes hands. Is this so unreasonable? The guy obviously needs to brush up on his reading comprehension skills, because all of this could have been avoided had he read and understood the auction description and shipping/payment details. It's all there and should be easy for anyone to understand, but this guy thought he could win the auction then dictate to me how the transaction will go from there. lol, that's not how it works.
I've never heard of someone asking for a pic of an ID. Yeah, sounds like this could have been avoided with a more complete conversation at the start. Good luck finding another buyer and putting together a smooth transaction.