What is the dumbest question someone has asked you about your car?

"What's Connie's name?" - seemed pretty stupid at the time...........

Great... I screwed up the title.. ABOUT YOUR CAR... Someone fix it for me please :D.

Charlie, can you fix the title since you are a mod? Or is that someone else's department?

Does your have the twin turbo's?? My buddys brother in laws ex wifes daughters friend has one. And of course they all run 10's. an lifts the front wheels on the street. I know I know .. You have scene this car to :rolleyes:

Some body in LA needs to wear this guy out.

By Mike in LA

My favorite was one time a friend of mine, his son, and I were talking when out of nowhere his son says that his buick is faster than my WS6. I was
huh.gif

Son: yeah your car should run about a mid 13.
Me: Thats about right.
Son: Well me and my friend timed my car and I ran a 12.4.
Me: What, how do you figure?
Dad: Yeah, how do you?
Son: Well we measured it out and got a stopwatch and timed it.
Me: Don't you have a 3.8?
Dad: Yes he has a 3.8.
Son: So, we timed it and everything and my car would beat yours.
Dad: Shut up, listen to yourself.
Son: What? It's fast.
Me: Hahahaha!
Son: You want to race right now? I'll beat you!
Dad: You know son, I sometimes wish I would've followed through with your mother and that I wasn't drunk that night.
Son: Shut up.
Me: Oh man! Hahahaha! Yeah lets race. 20 bucks. Hahaha.
Dad: Here, take right now, he's gonna ask me for it later anyways.
Me: Hahahaha, don't worry about, I'm kidding.

That one was my favorite. The kid ended up rolling the car a few weeks later, his dad made him ride a pink bike for being stupid.

Some Honda or Acura guy asked me if my car was supercharged. While the hood was up at a cruise night. I told him it was turbo. He says " I got one of those too!" He didnt seem to think my V6 was all that fast...

My best friend works at Pep Boys as a mechanic. It's a job, not the greatest I know; but take what ya can get. Anyway, alot of the guys that work with him think 15-20psi is alot of boost. And they talk about running it on their "built" motors. When I tell them I run up to 28psi on pump gas and my motor was built in '86 they just look at me funny..

At the track with the hood up, someone asks "Is that a 301?" Really? Of all the motors you can think of a 301 comes into your mind.

Can I drive it?
I actually have a neighbor that wants me to finish mine so he can drive it.:rolleyes: He's been bugging me for years now but I'll never give him the keys even if he comes up with the cash to buy it. There are some people that should never own one of these cars and he's one of them.:D

Mine still has to be the monkey who asked me "Why is the car all black?"

Then he proceeded to argue with me, something to the likes of, "There's NO WAY it came from the factory in all black like this"

I actually have a neighbor that wants me to finish mine so he can drive it.:rolleyes: He's been bugging me for years now but I'll never give him the keys even if he comes up with the cash to buy it. There are some people that should never own one of these cars and he's one of them.:D

Agreed. My Dad is an excellent driver and even he's a little extra cautious when driving my car just because of the way the power comes on so hard after a small delay. Anyone who doesn't know what these cars are like, should stay in the passenger seat. I stopped letting others drive it when the stock turbo came off as it was too much for some then at 20psi.

Yesterday while pumping gas in the T, I had some white trash looking guy ask me "what size engine does it have?" I told him "just a six". Then he comes back with "what, a straight six?" :confused:

I've also had people refer to my car as a "Monte Carlo" or a "Cutty" (Cutlass)

Both from a TR owners buddy -

"You are going to try and run 275's without notching the frame? We notched the frame to fit 255's."
"You used lower springs to drop your car? You should have used drop spindles." o_O