TAI Class for 2008 BG Nationals

You could sell some junk in the lot behind the house and fund the trip :D

We'll miss you.

I don't have junk behind the house !!!! :mad: Wife made me put it all inside so nobody would see it :p I am cleaning out BUT I am still a poor old man :eek: hmmmm..thinking here .. I havent bought a car in a long time !!! last April/May was my last one .. have to get my butt in gear here :rolleyes:

I don't have junk behind the house !!!! :mad: Wife made me put it all inside so nobody would see it :p I am cleaning out BUT I am still a poor old man :eek: hmmmm..thinking here .. I havent bought a car in a long time !!! last April/May was my last one .. have to get my butt in gear here :rolleyes:

HAY that's what my WIFE makes me DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doesn't want anyone to see ANYTHING OUITSIDE!!!!!!!!

will miss see you guys!!!!!!!!!!!:frown: :frown: :frown:

ya we are goin to miss everyone to.. :redface: Ill be calling for "updates" :p

Dang....I guess I haven't been keeping up.... didn't realize you were not coming......I was looking forward to seeing you again Dan.... This sux...

We are coming up on Tuesday this year... and staying in the campgrounds at the track.....

here is my imput on cages .. some tracks will let things slide .. depends what kinda mood they are in :eek: Melissa has been kicked out of 2 .. We saw "other" cars running just as fast without the safety stuff and no one said anything :rolleyes: At Cecil County we teched in fine .. then after every few runs tech guys would come over and look at the car :eek: After she ran a 9 sec run they told her to slow it down ... soooooo she tried to use the trans break .. made a 10.20 @138 run.. hey its slower than a 9 sec run :p next time she went up and did her burnout ...staged the car.. then they stopped her and kicked her out !! Guess they didn't like the 138+ mph :tongue: NOW she did have a cage BUT not the front part that goes by the windshield and dash!! Came home and "Mom" decided she is goin 138 and she needed the rest of the bar for "MELISSA'S" safety.. so we are legal now .. Ya have to remember goin 135+ is kinda moving.. IF something happeneds it can get really ugly really quick!!:eek:

I agree with everything you say about the safety issue when running a car that fast at the track when required to wear a helmut.

But these are street cars and those who take their cars out on cruise night to embarass a new vette :tongue: will not be wearing a helmut right? So in reality a cage on a street car is more dangerous then one without. I high impact crash at high speeds would cause the skull to likely strike the bar and cause blant trama to the head unless one is wearing a harness but most street cars have seat belts.

But it does limit where the class could ever really go considering cars are going 9's more and more with the proposed TAI rules. Relying on flexable rules to compete will result in a short lived class.

I, myself would never want to put a bar or cage in any street car again especially if one owns a low mileage car that they dont want to hack up.

I agree with everything you say about the safety issue when running a car that fast at the track when required to wear a helmut.

But these are street cars and those who take their cars out on cruise night to embarass a new vette :tongue: will not be wearing a helmut right? So in reality a cage on a street car is more dangerous then one without. I high impact crash at high speeds would cause the skull to likely strike the bar and cause blant trama to the head unless one is wearing a harness but most street cars have seat belts.

But it does limit where the class could ever really go considering cars are going 9's more and more with the proposed TAI rules. Relying on flexable rules to compete will result in a short lived class.

I, myself would never want to put a bar or cage in any street car again especially if one owns a low mileage car that they dont want to hack up.

Reality is these are race cars being driven on the street. Based on power levels, and those who dont wish to risk others on public roadways.. it is what it is.

Next is nobody is driving a 9 second Buick from anywhere.. it is being trailered in. As are 95% of the other cars attending BG which are being raced.

A 12 second street class is dull. As anything faster than 11.50 is already on the chopping block for an issue. Safety equipment is that.. put padding on the bar if your concerned about banging your head on it. And the bar not only protects the driver in case of accident.. but it "KEEPS THE CAR STIFF SO IT GOES DOWN THE TRACK STRAIGHT" and not all over the place endagering others.

Moot point anyways as those who complain about bars(safety equipment) wont take their cars to BG anyways. :redface: