questionable item on ebay

83ttypecooled

Hi guys,
Did anyone see what I consider to be a questionable sale item on ebay on Sunday, 87 GN with 89K miles for 4000 with free shipping? He claimed to be Square Trade legit, but they have no record of him. He is supposed to be in England, car is here on the east coast. He also claims Square Trade will be his broker of sorts.
I beleive this is a big fraud attempt, and that the person will try again. BEWARE!!!
Dale

Hi,
I have a VIN for the car that was being sold, records were also, ironically, from New Jersey. What do you think?
Dale

In all likelyhood, they took another auctions info and are using it..Remember the thread a while back about GNX #010 selling for $4,000 ?? Send the guy some emails asking pointed questions, and tell him you want to see the car, asap, and see what happens....or report it to eBay and watch it disappear

Hi,
I already talked to this guy once, and suspect the worst. I just don't want this kind of person to hurt one of my good friends on the turbo buick website. I doubt any of us would fall for this BS, but it's just not nice to have around.
Dale

turbo lounge

LOL - Jbenn, a friend did just what you suggested to some guy selling an AC Cobra in Germany, I think. He asked some easy to answer questions and the seller replied. He then said my brother happens to be in Germany right now; can he check it out for me before I bid? - Never heard back

Hi,
Is there a good place to document these probable frauds? I have already emailed Square Trade, but , by their own admission, it will take them up to 3 days to respond. I don't think ebay is the place to go, and I doubt if we are talking about a criminal issue here, as of yet. Any ideas? By the way, the auction was pulled on Sunday afternoon. I have copies of the individual's emails to me, and a partial copy of the original auction, sans photos. Stuff like this needs to be stamped out!
Dale

It's NOT goin to end !!! Some people see a deal and the ol greed hormone takes over thier brain :p I have bid on other car stuff to have some ******* email me with the same part for way less $$$ ... Ya I do reply to keep me busy during the day :rolleyes: :D

i dont know if any of you know but, we (the air force) got an E-mail about this. Its a scam the people will post from over seas and say that the car is in the states. as soon as the money is transfered and the car is "shipped" to you b/c they will say that the shipping will be taken care of, you its too late and you will never see any ties to the seller. Just thought i would throw that out there to help some of us younger not so wise turbo regal owners. Hope this helps someone. Harry