Need pistol opinions, Sig vs. Glock

Sig for sure. The Connecticut State Police did substantial testing before they switched from the Beretta to the Sig. Not because they were cheaper but because they performed better and were more accurate.

I personally like both but have shot both and the Sig simply peforms more accurately imo.

Both are excellent guns and NYPD uses Glocks so two each his own I guess. But the CT state Police are very anal and could have chosen any gun they wanted and opted for the Sig 40.

80% of law enforcement in this Country carry Glock, mostly G22's ( .40 ) a great site for Glocks is Glock Talk Home TONS of info. glocks have less moving parts than sig, only requires one toll to disassemble vs Sig's large tool box. i made my choice based on Police need to depend on their weapon to LIVE, what do most carry? ( 80% ) and most when issued a Sig, choose to carry Glock. i'm sure there are LEO's that go the opposite way but. #'s speak
Would you say 90% of Law Enforcement drive Crown Vics ? They don't drive them because they are the best , they drive them because they fit a budget and meet requirements. Police Departments do the same thing with firearms.
I have had both a Sig 40 & a Glock 40. For me the Sig was a better gun in every aspect other than it required more time to clean & maintain.

I've shot the S&W and Glock. I don't care for the trigger on the Glock. There is a ton of stuff available for the Glock.

Work we carry ancient S&W 4506s. :eek: But I carry a H&K USP Compact 45. Looking to get a Sig 238 Nitron as a back up or a reliable hammerless Titanium revolter so it can be shot from a pocket if need be.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

good info

have you tried a desert eagle, if you didn't like the top heavy part of one of the guns you mentions try one. well balanced fully loaded, respected name, my baby eagle has NEVER jammed on me and i've never had a problem with it. i now own 3 eagles, i carry a taurus 45 millenium like the one pic'd above. only issue i have with it is pulling the trigger you almost have to bring it all the way back to release the hammer. i've gotten used to it and have shot alot of guns, my eagle is my choice, i own several guns and they range from a springfield 1911A, 2 50 Eagles, 1 9MM eagle, the taurus i mentioned, the baby eagle, taurus 22 pop top, and a beretta 40 cal compact and a tuaraus 92 9mm. i planned on carrying the beretta 40 but it was so small my pinky didn't fit on the grip ( was hanging off the below the clip where it ended. i could use a High cap clip from a full sized 40 cal beretta but never shot one with it as there was an area between where the gun butt ended and the clip extended out. i'm sure i could have gotten an aftermarket grip like houge to help if i wanted but never tried it. good luck on your search and that firing pin breaking stuff scares the heck outta me, if you need it you don't want a gun that can fail like that. talk about having reliability issues when you need it the most.

better call MR.peabody,sherman and tell em to bring the way back machine

5 years old;)

Take both guns and bury them in the sand and mud. Then leave them in the water for a while. Then pull them out and see which one fires:wink:

GLOCK BABY:biggrin:

I have a p226 SIG and it has worked flawless for THOUSANDS of rounds for 25 years, but it was also WEST GERMAN BUILT .... yes, that means immaculate.

I want to buy a .40 GLOCK , but just for shooting pleasure.

The 226 is my life protector.... 15 over> ---

Also, why European? Last I heard America makes some pretty great guns!

Go M1911 or go home!

Also, why European? Last I heard America makes some pretty great guns!

Go M1911 or go home!

EXACTLY! I love my 1911. Acurate as hell, and hey you know what they say. If ya can't hit what your aiming at with 7 shots(1911), then you probably need that 15 or 16 shot whatever(fill in blank)!! ;)

how bout this

Attachments

• daily_picdump_337_56.jpg
    daily_picdump_337_56.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 2,292
I did a fair bit of shooting here, before we had to hand our handguns in.

I had a Sig 220 .45 and put about 10,000 rounds through it, quite a few of them in Practical Pistol competitions and it never failed once, ever. Truly great gun.

However, it was magazine capacity limited and in some competitions, one especially, by my calculations for the last target I would be reduced to throwing the gun at the steel plate as I just couldn't carry enough magazines on the belt.

I had a Glock 17L longslide, a very early one with the cut out on the top and ported barrel. It was fine but I never liked 9mm for competition work. It is fiddly to reload and, at the time, was cheap enough to buy lots of it factory loaded. We could get the 33 round magazines for it (the ones for the fully automatic Glock 18) and they were quite nifty. I did fire a Glock 18 at a gun show/competition once and it was even funner.

The best 9mm I had was a Steyr GB. Big and chunky, and very accurate.

For practical shooting I latterly had a Pardini PC45 and it was superb and faultless as well, with a nice high capacity .45 magazine.

I miss target shooting with handguns. When I used to visit Kokomo in the U.S. a lot I always went to the range and gun shop at the north end of town and blaze away.