New Carry Pistol

Went and looked today, and thought I'd add rather than start another thread.

WOW! That Storm is a work of Art!

I was lookin at it in .40, and also the XD40 sub, and the Glock 27. I think I'm goin back next wkd for the Springfield. I've just gotta have that! In the looks department, it's a Ford Focus parked next to a Ferarri when comparing to the Beretta. But I like it and never got around to gettin one yet. It's what I can use right now too, but what I was shopping for today, was something for summer. Like Chadly was sayin, those are a little thick for summer clothes.

And I wasn't alone. WE were shoppin for Anniversary presents!

So, I got the lil lady the Bodyguard 380. It's a good fit and she's wanted it a while now. And a couple boxes of Federal Hydra-shoks and a couple boxes of Hornady Critical Defense.
And she got Me the Ruger LC9-LW. It's practical, slim, exellent trigger access through the large guard. The laser is fun to torment the cat with,,, yadda yadda!;)

We even made it over to Regalnut's and picked up some range ammo while we were out. Great day!

Attachments

• cc.jpg
    cc.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 175
very nice Beretta! I recently started to carry an LC9.. slim and light weight with a 9mm. I really like my Kimber Ultra CDPII 45, but it is not easy to carry when you are sporting shorts and sandals..jus sayin

There are a lot of nice weapons out there. The best ones are not by brand, they are by how they fit the hand so to point natually. I have had the h&k usp 40 compact, sig 2340, ruger p89dc, but a glock in my hand is the most accurate. My brother hates a glock, he loves the m&p 40 compact ( very nice for the price ) and sig 239 (nice but to heavy to carry ). Regardless of the brands, knowing the weapon and keeping your shooting skills honed is the most important in my book. A small caliber great shot placement will do the job when needed. If the weapon fits the hand properly you will not even think about the sights when in a self defence situation as you will not have an opportunity to use them. Fit is number one not brand. Training will make it comfortable and accurate. There are alot of very well made pistols, wish I could afford them all.

Thanks
Bill

I have a LC9 too, I like this little gun a lot!

Thumper, I too feel the glock is the most accurate I shoot... I don't get it but, I can pick up any 17/19 or 22/23 and get it on :D I am trying to get the with the M&P, just isn't as natural... I am really getting into 1911's right now, but can't put the Glocks up;)

Get some frangable rounds while you're at it if you plan on using it in the house Scott. That will keep you from having a ricochet or going through the walls if you miss.:)

Right! That's all I ever have in my protection piece in the house.

Mikey

We went to the range yesterday with the family and we ran 200 rounds through the Beretta PX4 S/C and I must say it operated flawlessly and Very accurate for a sub compact gun! At 20' I ran 14 rounds and only 3 were outside the center bullseye! My wife shot it a bunch and her very first shot with the gun was a dead center bullseye and she turned and said "Wow this is very smooth, Oh and look at that!!"....

I picked up a Remora (No-clip) In the Waistband holster for this and it conceals very well and very comfortable. I like this Remora holster and it's quality is top notch. I was skeptical at first to a holster without a clip to hold it in but Remora has this gripping material on the outside and it just grabs onto your skin & pants and don't go nowhere. I got the "Reinforced top" so the holster don't squeeze shut while the gun is out.

Here is a great video showcasing the Remora holsters, She has great videos for women...
[video=youtube_share;4izM0fiz6kk]http://youtu.be/4izM0fiz6kk[/video]

Scot w.

I have the sub compact xd-40 with a crossbreed holster nice for cc and off duty.Crossbreed Holsters > Home I also got mine with the combat cut and horsehide. Looking at the bodyguard .380 as a back up gun Rivical how do you like it??

Shooting often and alot is needed, if someone has a problem hitting a target repeatively, and keeps changing or adjusting their grip, or regrips a weapon after each shot, it may be the weapon not fitting their hand. Pulling it from the holster single hand and fire it immediately with less than a 1/2 second to aim will tell you how it really fits the hand. It should point as naturally as your finger. Slow aiming and taking a long time to recover the sights will get you shot yourself. But only practice will really get you there.

I have shot as much as 5000 rounds a year with my glock, putting 30 to 40 rounds down range in 60 seconds including changing of magazines and keeping a group the size of a baseball at 15 yards takes time and practice. I shot the m&p ( for the first time) only to keep a group the size of a football in the same manner as the glock, I thought the weapon felt good in my hand, and trigger felt better than my glock but it did not give me the return I thought it would. If you carry a weapon shoot it often, if you have problems repeating a good shot in a calm manner you are in serious trouble when in fear for you life, cause you will be all over the place and may even miss your target completely.

I love to shoot often with my wife, she has the 19 and I have the 17. She carries her 19 but my carry gun is not a glock, it is a 5 shot taurus 38 special revolver that I had to modify the fixed sights ( they were a little off to the left at 20 yards) I still maintain a baseball group at 15 yards. I have really always been a revolver guy as they are very reliable and accurate. If you need more than five shots in a self defense situation your in trouble.

Sgrim, My brother who owns the m&p 40, sig 239, h&k 45 and a glock he dislikes, puts his S&W 1911 above all as his favorite. I cannot dispute any variation of the 1911 as I also had one I liked. You just got to try them all out and see what works the best for each individual.

Thanks
Bill

We went to the range yesterday with the family and we ran 200 rounds through the Beretta PX4 S/C and I must say it operated flawlessly and Very accurate for a sub compact gun! At 20' I ran 14 rounds and only 3 were outside the center bullseye! My wife shot it a bunch and her very first shot with the gun was a dead center bullseye and she turned and said "Wow this is very smooth, Oh and look at that!!"....

I picked up a Remora (No-clip) In the Waistband holster for this and it conceals very well and very comfortable. I like this Remora holster and it's quality is top notch. I was skeptical at first to a holster without a clip to hold it in but Remora has this gripping material on the outside and it just grabs onto your skin & pants and don't go nowhere. I got the "Reinforced top" so the holster don't squeeze shut while the gun is out.

Here is a great video showcasing the Remora holsters, She has great videos for women...
[video=youtube_share;4izM0fiz6kk]http://youtu.be/4izM0fiz6kk[/video]

Scot w.

Thanks for that! The wifey enjoyed watchin that Remora video and I'm sure to be gettin her one and probly try one out for myself too. I'm using a Quest right now, not sure about her. They're like shoes...:rolleyes:

I have the sub compact xd-40 with a crossbreed holster nice for cc and off duty.Crossbreed Holsters > Home I also got mine with the combat cut and horsehide. Looking at the bodyguard .380 as a back up gun Rivical how do you like it??

It'd make a nice back-up. Super small. Honestly I'm not real comfortable with such a small gun. It's apparent to me that I should be shooting more often just to adjust better to the slim frame of the Ruger. I was hittin Bull's, but pretty well peppering the entirety of the 8-ring and in. Wasn't too swift with the lil Smith either. She did excellently with that Bodyguard tho! First shot, BULL! She really likes it! She was holding good groups til she got cold and then that was it!

How's that XD40 sub? I really like that! But I'm really still between it and the Glock 27....
I'm just more comfortable with a full frame.

Im not a glock fan my carry is a g 23, and I hate it. I am lefty and it has dual mag releases. Also the retaining spring on the glock is plastic where as the xd is metal. I like the take down on the xd, some people dont like it b/c you have to pull the trigger. But if you arent a dumbass and check you chamber first its fine. The xd has a backstrap safety which I like. Another plus is stock vs stock a xd you can shoot lead reloads and a glock you cant not. I just like the way a xd feels and the point to shoot woks well for me.

Thanks for that! The wifey enjoyed watchin that Remora video and I'm sure to be gettin her one and probly try one out for myself too. I'm using a Quest right now, not sure about her. They're like shoes...:rolleyes:
Your welcome! My wife loves her video's and gave her a bunch of great ideas as far as carrying goes. Watch more of her video's on guns, this chick sure knows what she's talking about and gives women some wonderful options..

SW.

Your welcome! My wife loves her video's and gave her a bunch of great ideas as far as carrying goes. Watch more of her video's on guns, this chick sure knows what she's talking about and gives women some wonderful options..

SW.

I'm glad I held off the smart remark I was gonna make, that it was too easy to start with these videos, cuz inside of Three clicks without typing a word into YouTube, I can be lookin at babes boobies or butts, sometimes involving Bullets! Something just didn't seem right, but I finally got the psychology thru my thick head. A young lady too modest or shy to show her own face, Still regards the task of educating other women important enough to do it. No bimbo stuff, not being sexy, Camera shy, but Still Strong. Now I know why my wife sat thru the whole 20 minutes. I recommended her channel to a few other people overnight. Mostly younger guys who're trying to encourage their wives to get their CCW and take this more seriously. Especially as crime rates are growing around area towns and burglaries in the countryside. Thanx again!:D

Oh, and I'm over my lousy shooting enough to share my excuse when I'm gettin laughed at for having a bad day. I say that I'm practicing defensive shooting. (Always draws a curious look) Then I explain that, when you're shooting in self defense, hole-in-hole is useless! I already made a hole there, now I made a new one a few inches away!!;):D

I'm glad I held off the smart remark I was gonna make, that it was too easy to start with these videos, cuz inside of Three clicks without typing a word into YouTube, I can be lookin at babes boobies or butts, sometimes involving Bullets! Something just didn't seem right, but I finally got the psychology thru my thick head. A young lady too modest or shy to show her own face, Still regards the task of educating other women important enough to do it. No bimbo stuff, not being sexy, Camera shy, but Still Strong. Now I know why my wife sat thru the whole 20 minutes. I recommended her channel to a few other people overnight. Mostly younger guys who're trying to encourage their wives to get their CCW and take this more seriously. Especially as crime rates are growing around area towns and burglaries in the countryside. Thanx again!:D

Oh, and I'm over my lousy shooting enough to share my excuse when I'm gettin laughed at for having a bad day. I say that I'm practicing defensive shooting. (Always draws a curious look) Then I explain that, when you're shooting in self defense, hole-in-hole is useless! I already made a hole there, now I made a new one a few inches away!!;):D
Youtube as gotten out of control with that crap and all there pop-up add's....

Okay, I found a picture of my new toy for the PX4 storm s/c. This is the Veridian C5L Tactical green Laser with a 150 lumen Light.

PX4SCw-ViridianC5L.jpg

Next will be the HHH A1 holster from Hidden Hybrid Holsters. The holster is made out of Kydex...

P1000833.jpg