New Carry Pistol

Nice, your gun laws are way more relaxed that ours here. I carry a Glock model 22 .40 cal with a 15rd clip, I carry a total of three clips for work. No safety on mine, unless you keep your finger off of the trigger. Enjoy it and get to a range and shoot it often, practice nice smooth trigger pulls and don't anticipate the recoil.

Nice, your gun laws are way more relaxed that ours here. I carry a Glock model 22 .40 cal with a 15rd clip, I carry a total of three clips for work. No safety on mine, unless you keep your finger off of the trigger. Enjoy it and get to a range and shoot it often, practice nice smooth trigger pulls and don't anticipate the recoil.

DAMN...where do you live that you feel the need to carry 3 clips to work?
My Kel-Tec has no safety either.

Bryan

DAMN...where do you live that feel the need to carry 3 clips to work?

Thats what i'm saying even though i can't talk much since i sometimes carry a ruger redhawk 4in. 44mag with 2 extra speedloaders in the winter for when i feel like charles bronson

Looks like the .40 holds 10 rounds...hmmm..may have to go with the 9 and get 13...

Looks like the .40 holds 10 rounds...hmmm..may have to go with the 9 and get 13...
The clips from the PX4 Full size and the PX4 Compact both fit this little PX4 sub compact, they interchange! So then you will have 16 in the magazine and one in the pipe if your looking for max rds...

Still 14 rounds out of a Subcompact with the stock magazine is pretty much unheard of... Kimber's are Awesome guns too!

I miss my Kahr Pm40, traded it for a 1911 project. That pocket pistol was very accurate.

My xdm's kick a lot harder, IMO and many others, than my glocks, S&Ws, or anything comparable... I continue to buy them, I like them.

I won a PX4 .40 a few weeks ago on gunbroker for a great price... From the reviews here I can't wait to shoot it!
Shane the PX4 .40 with the rotating barrel will shot like a 9mm. That's how much recoil that rotating barrel helps.. Let us know what you think of it, give us a nice review since you have shot so many others. I will like to hear your thoughts. Now walk out in your back yard and shoot that thing!! LOL

Man......all this talk about guns is creepin' me out!! Us folks in the Seattle KNOW that guns kill and should be BANNED! I can hardly wait for O'bama and Valerie Jerred to make them illegal. Eric Holder is on the right track.

OK...I just threw up in my mouth typing that. Sorry. I hear it frequently around here. I HATE driving into down town Seattle. "Land Of the Libs". Nice pistol you have there. But, why 9mm when it comes in .40? A cop buddy says "If it doesn't start with point 4 it isn't worth carrying" (that's why I carry .38 +P;)) I sincerly hope it's a complete waste of time and money.

Nice pistol you have there. But, why 9mm when it comes in .40? A cop buddy says "If it doesn't start with point 4 it isn't worth carrying" (that's why I carry .38 +P;))
Why 9mm? Several reasons actually..... 1) I shoot at the range with my wife and kids and 9mm is MUCH cheaper...... 2) With the Right ammo the 9mm is just as effective and can carry just as much velocity as any .40....... 3) CAPACITY The more rounds the better in my eye's.. I shoot at the range once a week with my wife and kids and hopefully Never have to shoot anyone but if I do you better believe these LE Tactical HST's will do just fine! especially after 14 rounds! :)

There is always people who preach the larger caliber the better and that those people would never carry anything less...... That's fine, it's their preference. I have heard the talk countless times over and over again about how wimpy a .380 is too but people are killed all the time with them and they are the leading gun for concealed carry right now...

As a matter of fact my wife will be carrying the Ruger LCP .380 with crimson trace laser very soon! :)

SW

Scot,
I just got the wife one of the SW Bodyguard 38s and she loves it...
Shoots +p w/laser

I'll also point out that the 38 special and 357 magnum use the same size slug but at a different velocity and they've taken down quite a few bad guys over the years. A 9mm is a good round if you understand how to hit a target moving or otherwise and the +p ammo makes it even more effective than the original design.:)

Scot,
I just got the wife one of the SW Bodyguard 38s and she loves it...
Shoots +p w/laser
The .38 bodyguard is what I was looking at before deciding on the PX4 storm, I didn't like the idea of 5 shots...... My wife just shot a .38 Smith Air weight and she didn't like it at all... Hurt her hand too much but we will also look at the smith .380 bodyguard with the laser along with the Kel-tec and see which one she is happy with...

Take a look at the PPKS seven shot Scott. I've used one before and it's comfortable in the hand and easy to hide on your body.

I agree with what everyone is saying. (cept for the first part of MY post of course) I feel that if you NEED more than 5 rounds you are in WAY over your head. The best caliber/style of hand gun to use/carry is one that gives you enough time to get to a 12 gauge/AR-15. If I NEED more than 5 rounds and a speed load, I shoulda brought a 12 gauge with 00Buck. There is no right answer to conceal and carry. What ever works for you, use it. Again, I hope it is a waste of time. I don't go to bars, hang out at clubs, go down town, unless I HAVE to. I just don't have time to find myself somewhere I shouldn't be. Some guys carry a gun and think they are safe in a bad area. NO WAY. Avoidance is the best defence. True or false?:)

The Kel-Tec P-11 9mm only weighs 14 oz. empty comes standard with a 10 round mag. but a S&W 59 mag. will fit and it is 15 rounds.I've seen the Kel-Tec new for as low as $245.00 thats about half of what the Beretta costs.

There are a lot of videos on youtube of them being shot and are very accurate and reliable little guns.

IMO the Smith & Wesson BG is the best of the .380's... They are HARD TO GET still but are all over the Ruger and Keltec IMO...

I looked at the berretta storm for a carry gun. I loved the way it fit in my hand. I’ve heard nothing but good reviews of it. However it was just a little too big for me to conceal comfortably. Especially in the summer when I have little clothing on. So I got the Keltec pf9 and the Rugger lcp .380. I know the .380 is small but I don’t care. It’s better than throwing rocks and it’s so small I can carry it anywhere and forget I even have it. The only problem I have with it is my wife always takes it. Also niether the lcp or the pf9 are fun range guns. the double action trigger is much more difficult to hold nice patterns and both guns are very light so they kick pretty good.

DAMN...where do you live that you feel the need to carry 3 clips to work?
My Kel-Tec has no safety either.

Bryan

I'm a police officer,, that's what we use and carry here. I work in plain clothes capacity in my city. I should have said I carry the three clips for work. Our duty ammo is .40 smith and wesson 180 GR t-series, the other rifle they trained us on is C8 carbine, with .223 rounds. In Canada civilians can't carry personal hand guns. You need to acquire a restricted license, belong to a club, gun can only be transported to and from range locked in a case. There are however lots of illegal guns here and almost everywhere, we have gun crimes here almost on a daily basis.

I keep looking at a Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag for carry. I've always shot single actions, 1911, 1991A1 etc...a 44mag would put a stop to some crazed meth head.