New Carry Pistol

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
I decided it was time to get rid of a gun that just sat unused in my gun safe for 10+ years and get me a new carry gun. I sold my Marlin 512 Slugmaster on Armslist.com and turned around and bought a Beretta PX4 Storm sub compact 9mm with very minimal to boot.

The feel of this gun is far better than any gun I have ever held, it's like it's molded to my hand! They say the Beretta Px4 Storm Sub-Compact pistol is the most advanced sub-compact sidearm of its kind.
Built around Beretta’s latest Px4 modular technology, the Px4 Storm Sub-Compact delivers concealed carry handling with large frame firepower.

Available in two calibers (9mm and .40 S&W), the Px4 Storm Sub- Compact uses a very reliable locked breech and tilt barrel system, providing a more compact and lighter weight system.

Comes standard with white 3-dot night sights that can be charged with a LED light for a few seconds.

The stainless steel barrel requires less maintenance and is corrosion resistant, perfectly suited for concealment close to active, perspiring bodies.
The pistol adapts to different hand sizes easily with ( 3 ) interchangeable back straps (included). An ambidextrous manual safety lever is
positioned on both sides of the slide for easy access by all shooters.

A reversible magazine release button can be mounted on either side and can quickly be replaced by a smaller and larger size button (optional).
An interchangeable slide catch can also be replaced with an optional low-profile configuration.
A standard Picatinny Rail (MIL-STD- 1913) allows for an array of aftermarket accessories.

Has a flip down clip extender for your pinky finger, as soon as you grip the gun the extension snaps down! This feature is really nice because when my wife shoots the gun she don't need the extension so she simply snaps it back up and it fits her perfectly. No need for added clip extensions or added money! VERY nice feature on the PX4 storms..

NOTE: The Full size and Compact has a rotary barrel system that dissipates recoil and helps with quicker follow up shots. I wanted the Compact version just for the (Rotating barrel) but opted for the sub compact for better concealed carry.

There is also a adjustable rear sight available for the PX4 storms which is on the Wish list or maybe the Meprolight tru-glow sights, i'm not sure yet.

Comes Standard with:
Two 13rd Magazines
3 interchangeable back straps (SM,M,LG)
Magazine loader
Cup for parts? (I assume)
Lock

Overall Length: 6.2"
Overall Height: 4.8"
Barrel Length: 3.0"
Rifling: RH - 6 grooves
Rifling Pitch: 9.8"
Sight Radius: 4.5"
Overall Width: 1.4"
Grip Width: 1.2"
Weight (unloaded): 26.1oz
Magazine cap: 13 rds

2011 139.jpg

2011 140.jpg
Video's are not me,not too bad for a sub compact at 15+ feet!
[video=youtube_share;IPJtb4fGeiw]http://youtu.be/IPJtb4fGeiw[/video]

LOL I had a feeling you'd end up getting an auto after we talked Scott.:) I have a feeling you'll be very happy with it. Is it P+ rated or just standard ammo?

LOL I had a feeling you'd end up getting an auto after we talked Scott.:) I have a feeling you'll be very happy with it. Is it P+ rated or just standard ammo?
Yep it's rated for P+ And here is what I have for personal defense ammo. You alway's want to give the intruder a nice Flower!!! :)

Federal 9mm LE 124gr Tactical HST HP.jpg

At the range I am using American Eagle FMJ rounds...

Get some frangable rounds while you're at it if you plan on using it in the house Scott. That will keep you from having a ricochet or going through the walls if you miss.:)

Get some frangable rounds while you're at it if you plan on using it in the house Scott. That will keep you from having a ricochet or going through the walls if you miss.:)
Post some good links! I am looking at a few right now but more minds are always better than one! :)

now get one of these to match they use the same mags Beretta CX4 Storm 45 ACP Spec Config - $655.99 | Slickguns
but in the 9mm
Yeah that thing is pretty cool... I stuck with Beretta because of the good success I had with my 92FS.. The cool thing with the whole PX line of guns is that any of the full & compact PX4 guns all of there magazines will fit the sub compact which is pretty neat..and pretty neat that they also fit this CX4 storm!

i am a springfield xd fan, its all about personal pref. My dept is switching over to the m&p 45, I havent shot it yet but it has to be better than this pos glock 23 I have to carry

i am a springfield xd fan, its all about personal pref. My dept is switching over to the m&p 45, I havent shot it yet but it has to be better than this pos glock 23 I have to carry
The XDM sub compact is what I was also looking at and heard nothing but great reviews on them..My neighbor carries a M&P .40 compact with the crimson trace laser grip, felt real good when I had it in my hand too but I have had Beretta before with fantastic luck so I thought I would try this little PX4 storm and so far I love this thing.

I never was a Glock fan at all simply because they just don't feel right to me in my hand and the slide release is hard for me to depress. Nothing else against them...

I shot a .40 s&w Px4 a few weeks ago.. Very nice shooting weapon. Alot less recoil than a Glock .40

My xdm's kick a lot harder, IMO and many others, than my glocks, S&Ws, or anything comparable... I continue to buy them, I like them.

I won a PX4 .40 a few weeks ago on gunbroker for a great price... From the reviews here I can't wait to shoot it!

Hmm, I'm more of a .45 auto Springfield Trophy Match, early '90's vintage, Les Baer Premier II early '90's vintage, Jim Hoag custom long-slide late '70's-early '80's vintage, Ed Brown Executive Target 2011 vintage, & last but not least a Wilson Combat Classic Super Grade late 2010 vintage fan. God Bless the .45 auto.

This is what I was looking at....Sucks that they only come in these small amounts...
View attachment 152296

That's the magsafe and glaser rounds. You can get the federals and others in 50 or 500 rounds. You might want to look into reloading. I've got 45 ACP frangible bullets from midway before so I'm sure you can get them from some one.

Very nice Scott. I shot the px4 last year. I dig the rotating barrel. Very much like an MP5. I vary my carry load but HST's are up there at the top. I also like the LE ranger 127 +p+. It might be a little too hot for the subcompact but I doubt it.

That looks like a nice piece. I will be looking for a different carry gun for non-working hours in the spring. I carry a Kel-Tec .380 everyday, even at work. My boss is OK with us carrying as long as we are licensed. 3 of the techs now carry. The Kel-Tec is nice since it is un-noticeable in cargo jeans in front or back pocket but I would like a bigger round for non-working hours. Thanks for posting this.

Bryan

Love it. I'm a big fan of Berettas. I'm suprised that it is 1.1oz heavier than my Kimber Ultra Carry II 45.

Is yours a 9 or a 40? How many rounds does the 40 hold? I may look into this Beretta just so I have more rounds than the 8 that the Kimber holds.

Plus those .45 rounds are heavy. :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMGP1814-1.jpg
    IMGP1814-1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 305