Nats Road Trip

Drive safe everyone.

Mike B.

It's raining but JD's fun meter is pegged!
upe3uru8.jpg

Hopefully this year you won't be the only one.

And Jim, Damn you got cajones

Yeah it's been sweet so far, 850 miles in 14 hrs stopping every 150 to gas n go, thanks to Julio for the new alky pump install and jd and don , getting ready for first qualifying

Who's that guy in the hoodie!!

That's De. He is there (under cover) to represent the So Western section, and make sure that everyone's fun meters are on "MAX". He has been instructed to report back to me on any fun meter deficiencies for further revue.

My forward scouts tell me that he is doing an outstanding job, so far.;):D

Mike B.

That's De. He is there (under cover) to represent the So Western section, and make sure that everyone's fun meters are on "MAX". He has been instructed to report back to me on any fun meter deficiencies for further revue.

My forward scouts tell me that he is doing an outstanding job, so far.;):D

Mike B.
Haha

JD is busting his balls for wearing a hoodie here cuz he is cold !!!

Bryan

Road trip was quite eventful, car made it back under its own power, 19 hrs to go 850 miles back though

Bucket list item checked off. Man and machine, about 1700 miles. Ran 10.6 thurs and 6.7 in the 1/8 and then fri and sat ran 6.8's consistently. I'm not doing that ever again, but having made it back, wow that was epic. I'll have to tell the story right soon with pics and video. Just a teaser, at one point on the return trip, at night, in the Tennesee mountains, around midnight, shivering cold, by myself, I called up JD and Julio to help diagnose over the phone. They were about 50 miles back, and I was losing power, missing, and running very lean at speed (16+ afr and my scamaster was showing 1.0 afr higher than my aem gauge). Ever run in batch mode to test cam sensor, then run worse, and have to go back to running 51psi actual fuel pressure to get some fueling added in an old school fashion simply to get mid 14 afr to correct a miss? In north Georgia at one point I was running on 4 cylinders and re-crimping a spark plug wire that pulled apart when I was going to do a plug change with 600 or so miles to go. To get through this mentally, I thought of Rambo 4, where they all just want to go home, but Rambo said something to the effect of, "there isn't one of us that wants to be somewhere else, but this is what we do, this is who we are..."

Last edited:
Bucket list item checked off. Man and machine, about 1700 miles. Ran 10.6 thurs and 6.7 in the 1/8 and then fri and sat ran 6.8's consistently. I'm not doing that ever again, but having made it back, wow that was epic. I'll have to tell the story right soon with pics and video. Just a teaser, at one point on the return trip, at night, in the Tennesee mountains, around midnight, shivering cold, by myself, I called up JD and Julio to help diagnose over the phone. They were about 50 miles back, and I was losing power, missing, and running very lean at speed (16+ afr and my scamaster was showing 1.0 afr higher than my aem gauge). Ever run in batch mode to test cam sensor, then run worse, and have to go back to running 51psi actual fuel pressure to get some fueling added in an old school fashion simply to get mid 14 afr to correct a miss? In north Georgia at one point I was running on 4 cylinders and re-crimping a spark plug wire that pulled apart when I was going to do a plug change with 600 or so miles to go. To get through this mentally, I thought of Rambo 4, where they all just want to go home, but Rambo said something to the effect of, "there isn't one of us that wants to be somewhere else, but this is what we do, this is who we are..."

As I said in BG, you have big ones! What was wrong with it? Steve

I don't know yet. My 4 inch intake did have a hole in it, and that's as far as I got. I bet my stock is shredded too, it was dark when I put it on, I may have torn that too when throwing it on at night, which would explain lean fueling on a light load, and how it ran great and got good fuel numbers at 0 psi boost. That is what JD first suggested as a problem. Will confirm what it was sometime this week. Definitely need a narrow and wide band change and a plug and wire change too.