Nats Road Trip

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
Updated link to narrative w/ pics and couple videos:
http://www.filoshare.com/bg2014/

Most fun racing was when I drove my old GN to Reynolds and ended up camping in 20 degree weather in Don Cruz' trailer as a tender to keep his car warm with space heaters. Only wrenching I did all weekend was one nut fell off the downpipe on my GN. This time, it is twice as far, with twice the horsepower, and twice the number of spare parts I'm bringing along, drag week style...

Last edited:
Reynolds that year was fun and I remember being cold during the night! See you in bowling green. Should be a lot of fun.

The steaks at the Hartline trailer were good too! Reminds me, I need to call Holly and order a spare weldon pump

Ha ha. We had great steaks at the track near Richard Clark's last year. Denell (USMC_TURBO6) did a great job grilling for JD, Don and the rest of us. Fun times.

Jim you are CRAZY!!!!!!

Wish you the best and if and when u need something, just let me KNOW!!!!

see ya'll at the RACES!!!!

Not yet. Have to put new ball joints on the front and get a new alignment. Plenty to work on.

l2kps4m

Been 12 years since I've done the front suspension on the T, the bushings are all poly, seem to be holding up well. Sway bar bushings shot, oh well. that is coming off when I get to BG after the autoX anyways. Dropping the front spring a half inch and got tall ball joints to drop it a half in as well...

So your goona drive 2000 miles and RACE THE CRAP OUT OF IT!!!!!

You got BIG ONE'S Jim!!!!

;);););)

850 mi each way. With a trailer, I blew tires like you wouldn't believe. Spent a whole day running around fixing the trailer and getting wheels n tires and lights in 2012 instead of testing Thurs.

Got my new ball joints pressed in.

So your goona drive 2000 miles and RACE THE CRAP OUT OF IT!!!!!

You got BIG ONE'S Jim!!!!

;);););)

Going to try to set a new personal best as well. New converter, new headers (no leaks), less weight, going to make some solid runs I hope. It'll be a fun adventure. Suspension going back together tomorrow while it rains. Then next wed night install new converter and then thurs/fri get it aligned. Space ecm, spare cam sensor, crank sensor, coil/module, spare stock maf, 2 ls7 4 inch mafs and translator, 2 spare tires, spare power steering pump, filters etc etc list goes on and on, every sensor I think I have double of somewhere, IAC, TPS, TEMP...