Nats Road Trip

That was hilarious! Then me and shawn not allowed to sit at the breakfast table anymore by Don! I think I got the ebola saturday morning, glad I pulled through it! Turns out it was too much sam adams octoberfest. Prescribed myself a half gallon of gatorade and some water, good to go racing!

Car has a good size air leak somewhere by the doghouse/throttle body and I can hear it better on the driver's side. I can hear it whistling at idle and it changes with rpm. Disconnected 2 vacuum lines, still had the issue. I gotta start tearing the top off. Either a gasket up top or the hard vacuum lines is broken somewhere. I effin' hate these cars right about now.

Think u found ur PROBLEM!!!!!

No winder u had to crank the fuel pressure!!!!

Leaks will KILL YOU!!

Grey racer had the SAME issue and 1 of his doghouse bolts was too short. He put a longer one in it and went back to racing. Also his vaccuum block was cracked at the bottom

If it isn't one thing it's ANOTHER!!!!!

From dead battery, fouled plugs and a water leak they ALL have ISSUES!!!!!!!!

Car has a good size air leak somewhere by the doghouse/throttle body and I can hear it better on the driver's side. I can hear it whistling at idle and it changes with rpm. Disconnected 2 vacuum lines, still had the issue. I gotta start tearing the top off. Either a gasket up top or the hard vacuum lines is broken somewhere. I effin' hate these cars right about now.

Narrowed it down to the PCV/map sensor hard lines. Capped everything off, idled like a champ. Hooked up one line at a time, fuel pressure, boost gauge and a/c/heater vac line, all good, hooked up the two for pcv and map sensor and voila, I can hear the leak and lean condition. Going to replace those this weekend and test again...

A new vacuum block and -3 black braided lines would work nicely.
vacblockfinished_001.jpg

I have a billet vacuum block, might try to drill n tap the block I have for 1/8 npt fittings for -3an black lines, that will look sort of stock. I'm ditching the pcv and all its issues, going to run a electric vacuum pump and clean up the wire harness etc. Maybe only need a few 4 reference lines- boost gauge, fuel pressure, a/c, and map sensor.

With pcv capped disconnected, got it idling 950 rpms with 14.6-14.8 afr at hot idle in park in the driveway. IAC 28. Hooked pcv with new hose and cleaned out with some carb cleaner, ran well with the a/c on and all new vacuum lines (no metal line for pcv/map) hooked up over to mike's trans shop. blm's at 55mph a/c on and stop light traffic 128-132. Got new set of shane's plug wires as well.