Nats Road Trip

Geez, that sounds like a true test for sure...I compliment you on your perseverance..! I traveled with Capt Flash who like you drove his car. Only problem he had was he almost hit a deer at 4:00 AM...deer in the headlights !!! We drove straight through to Jupiter, Fl. and it's a haul...his car ran perfect except when going down the track...breaking up. I had a trailer tire blowout in North Fl., but everything else was good. So you plan on doin the same thing next year or is it trailer time..great story, never a dull moment with these cars....

Sounds like you had an interesting trip back Fred....

I wish I trusted my car enough to drive to an event !!! Jim you have big ones man !

Bryan

Sounds like you had an interesting trip back Fred....

I wish I trusted my car enough to drive to an event !!! Jim you have big ones man !

Bryan
Hey Bryan, how's it goin, yeah, took us 21 hrs and I finally had to catch a 20 min nap around Gainsville or I'm sure I'd have run off the road. Started to hallucinate....
I drove 550 miles to Reynolds 3 yrs ago and raced all weekend but that was only 530 miles and it was with the stock eng.. Gotta hand it to these guys, 1800 miles round trip with a ten sec car is a little out of my realm....You still dreamin about runnin me down...haha....on another note, hear anything about plaques?

LOL...yeah still reeling in the run down....DAMN that was a close race !!!!
I will be installing some better axles for next year so I can get a better launch( Trans brake time...). I picked up a line lock so i can get the tires heated up , and a CO2 bottle and a new Turbosmart Hypergate 45mm wastegate. I need to turn it up as all I could get was 24.9 psi.
1800 miles with any Turbo Regal is balsy, let alone a 10 second car !!

No I have not heard anything about the plaques....I guess I need to PM Julio and see if he has lit a fire under their ass.

Bryan

LOL...yeah still reeling in the run down....DAMN that was a close race !!!!
I will be installing some better axles for next year so I can get a better launch( Trans brake time...). I picked up a line lock so i can get the tires heated up , and a CO2 bottle and a new Turbosmart Hypergate 45mm wastegate. I need to turn it up as all I could get was 24.9 psi.
1800 miles with any Turbo Regal is balsy, let alone a 10 second car !!

No I have not heard anything about the plaques....I guess I need to PM Julio and see if he has lit a fire under their ass.

Bryan
It was truly a thrill for me and definitely a great race....naturally I would have liked to win it all, but you got me and you certainly deserved it....I'm trying to get the finals video from Flash, and when I do, I'll get it to you. He sent me my 2nd and 3rd race but not the final. They both came out great, so the final should be good also. A plaque would be nice, I hope it comes to fruition....

I would love a good video of the final, Thanks !
I t was a GIANT thrill for me as my car hadnt seen a track since May of 2010 ! Cant wait to do it again !!!
I will do what I can to get the Plaques but it is up to the GSCA to produce them and I dont think they really care about our class.

Bryan

Watch "Buick GS Nationals Beech Bend Raceway Oct 18,2014…" on YouTube
Buick GS Nationals Beech Bend Raceway Oct 18,2014…:

I don't think I followed up with the culprit to my high AFR's on the way back, cracked metal lines to the PVC/MAP sensor. Replaced with new regular hoses and disconnected the PCV for now. Currently rewiring all gauges and trying to make my AEM wideband match my scanmaster wideband reading.

Glad everyone got HOME SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim and Ross you guys have earned the name ROAD WARRIOR'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome thread! I would really like to attend this event next year and run with you guys. I'm 8 hours away, not too bad.

Doubt I would drive it, my luck hasn't been too good since I entered the TB world a year ago.

Not sure how my car would compete but who cares sounds like a great experience.

I'm due for a trip like this and I love the track. I run my own business and the last 5 1/2 years have made it hard for me to get away. I am just about in a position where I can make something like this happen.

I'll start planning for next year now and you're right I would have the time of my life!

Best mod for the road trip was the slide on console armrest with cup holders sold by the vendors on this site. That, and running sway bars front and back with 17's, functioning heater and a/c, wipers, stereo to play my iphone through...