Its Back!!!! TWINZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

I agree. But there is obviously the potential, it just depends on how much your bottom end is built to handle.

Yeah, sounds like you guys have a stingy dyno but like you said, you know how it relates to track times.
It's still 100+ what people thought it would do on page 1. ;)

Its more than I thought it would do as well. Its a pretty neat setup. If we build one it will be better from a layout standpoint and not have as many engineering obstacles to overcome but yea, overall, Im really happy with the numbers.

I don't think heat will be a huge issue off the scond turbo. I looks like you guys might be able to run the downpipe a few inches lower if need be? maybe not. But it does not look as close to the hood as the factory turbo and DP location is. That and you have the fans right there dissipating some of the heat. I bet it does get hot as hell under that hood though.

I don't think heat will be a huge issue off the scond turbo. I looks like you guys might be able to run the downpipe a few inches lower if need be? maybe not. But it does not look as close to the hood as the factory turbo and DP location is. That and you have the fans right there dissipating some of the heat. I bet it does get hot as hell under that hood though.

Originally the downpipe was supposed to be much lower however once we got the kit, its obvious that it was not mocked up on a car, at least not a Turbo Regal. The driver side turbo was all in the radiatior and the downpipe didnt fit at all.

Heatwise it isnt bad. There are parts that should be wrapped but just short sections. The Ford turbo kits run stuff WAAAAAAY tighter than this car and dont wrap anything.

I think the best setup for this kit would be a pair of 44s with small 4 bolt exhaust housings. Like T3s with a .5x AR. It would make way more power than you could ever use on a stock block but should spool pretty well with the small housings.

I was about to suggest something similar... Dont waste time with stockers or buick specific units... Go with two smaller modern units!

Two properly sized turbos should out spool a stock car and make as much power as any near stock block can take!

Keep on keeping on, Im always interested in twins!

I was about to suggest something similar... Dont waste time with stockers or buick specific units... Go with two smaller modern units!

Two properly sized turbos should out spool a stock car and make as much power as any near stock block can take!

Keep on keeping on, Im always interested in twins!

There's nothing wrong with using stockers.. they're cheap and plentiful.. just some people want new stuff. The kit was designed around stockers but since we'll be building them on a per case basis, we can set them up for whatever.

There's nothing wrong with using stockers.. they're cheap and plentiful.. just some people want new stuff. The kit was designed around stockers but since we'll be building them on a per case basis, we can set them up for whatever.

Oh I know there's nothing wrong with stockers, they are more than plenty for whatever power levels one would be after. I was just pointing out that two units sized to be used in a twin turbo setup would offer some performance benefits.

Oh I know there's nothing wrong with stockers, they are more than plenty for whatever power levels one would be after. I was just pointing out that two units sized to be used in a twin turbo setup would offer some performance benefits.

Probably so.. It makes for a pretty potent setup. Maybe we'll swap transmissions tomorrow and get the car back out for some more fun.

Why not dyno the car next on pump/alky/ISAC?
Great promo for both kits huh. ;)
This way cheap gas, lower boost, no boom.:eek::biggrin:

Even the T3 .48 Garrett housing would be plenty and the DP bolt configuration doesn't matter since you have to supply it anyways. (not too many twin turbo DP's out there for us)

Got a bud with a T3 .48 Garrett on a 60-1 in his Talon (122ci) and it spools like crazy with the Precision Converter (5k and whatever psi he sets it too).

$4k isn't bad. If I can ever find a job and set aside a little money I would really want to do this with my car.

$4k isn't bad. If I can ever find a job and set aside a little money I would really want to do this with my car.

It really isn't... Heck a new set of SS headers and a new BB turbo isn't far from that amount...

It really isn't... Heck a new set of SS headers and a new BB turbo isn't far from that amount...

Yeah you got that right, 4k is very reasonable.
I'm wishing now that I never got this far into a single build after seeing this!

If and when I pick up the next TR, and the TT kit is still being offered, I will be calling you guys for this setup.

4k??? LOL. Go buy all the pipes and see where you are at $$ wise. Then factor in a fab guy at $45.00/hr (which is real cheap) you are not going to be able to build them for that.

4k??? LOL. Go buy all the pipes and see where you are at $$ wise. Then factor in a fab guy at $45.00/hr (which is real cheap) you are not going to be able to build them for that.

Thanks for your input. I guess someone will be getting a deal at 4K then.

Who does fab work for 45 an hour???..
On a side note,get that car to the track and lets see some et!!
Dyno this ,dyno that, numbers mean crap. ET tells the real story!!
Not being familiar with NC,but are tracks opne there all year?

Who does fab work for 45 an hour???..
On a side note,get that car to the track and lets see some et!!
Dyno this ,dyno that, numbers mean crap. ET tells the real story!!
Not being familiar with NC,but are tracks opne there all year?

Nobody does fab work for 45 an hour...

I know what Ted was trying to say, he was being complementative of the price!

Tracks are open a sunday here or there... It will be there in March, less than 2 months away...

I figure I have so much time in my system, that I would need to get $10,000 to just break even. I used 304 and 321 stainless that I got a great deal on, and think there is about $5,000 in just materials. (retail price) The twin up pipes are 2.5" 321 thin wall stainless and each bend is about $90 EACH. (I didn't pay anywhere near that, though.) I also use dairy farm stainless tubing that is polished inside and out and runs about $20 a bend for 2.5". IT welds so nice though. If you can jig up a kit, the fabrication time is significantly reduced, but building each one separately is gonna take time. (time is money)
Jay, put the turbo's in tandem like I did, and it is pretty easy to get ll to fit. I got the idea from a Duttweiler project about 20 years ago. I think it was Buddy Cox's if my memory serves me right. It was his GNX? After a couple of beers or Long Island ice teas, I got to lookin' under the hood of my GN and grabbed a turbo off the shelf and started "thinkin". It was apparent that it would work, so off to work I went. I originally wanted to make it look like the factory did it. (you know, the twin turbo FBI car rumor) THen I came across the 321 SS for a stupid price and off I wnet in the current direction. I went the ATR headers because the wastegate was mounted to the stock cross-over and it broke off. I wish I would have kept the stock headers, though, becasue there is NO gain in the ATR headers. I still have the modified factory header if anyone wants to attempt the deal themselves.
Again, I would sell my system for the right price, too.

Nobody does fab work for 45 an hour....

Thats BS Shane :mad:!! I have a friend doin a new project. Guy gave him a DEAL !! Just have to do a little grinding to make em look better :eek::p

Attachments

• Headers.jpg
    Headers.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 515