Its Back!!!! TWINZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

If you guys are paying that much for stainless, you seriously need to look for better sources. I get a phenomenal price on my larger stainless, about 1/3rd the price that most exhaust/header suppliers sell it for and the smaller stuff really isnt that bad.

3 into 1 collectors are tough to come by but I finally managed to find a decent stamped collector that wont break the bank. Merge collectors are still big $$$$$ tho but I even managed to find them at a "reasonable" price.

Our price on this kit is fair. I know what the stuff costs us and we are taking a hit on the labor to build the kits but not to the point its going to put us out of business.

Its no different than the downpipes. We charge $75.00 an hour for fabrication and it takes Jeff about 8 hours to build one. That's $600 in just labor. We sell the pipes for $725.00. I get a great price on stainless but I still have to buy flanges (For now), etc. At full retail, we probably have $900-1000 in the downpipes, we just choose to sell them for a more reasonable price.

I should also mention we're only going to build 2 kits for that price.. just to get a couple of them out there. After I get 2 people committed at that price, the price goes up about $1000.00.

I was refering to the 321 SS prices (321 is the better for turbo header fab, but, inconel is best $$$:eek:). I can buy 304 U-J Bends for MUCH cheaper, too. I use the Dairy Farm/food stuff if I need it to look cool, and if I need it right now and don't want to wait for shipping. (local supplier)

If you have $900-$1000 in a down pipe and sell it for $725, how can you stay in business? I do this just for "fun" and can get away with doing things for "free". If this paid what my normal job did, I would do it for a living, but it doesn't come even close. Everyone wants somthing for free. Now, if Jay Leno would step up, then I could at least break even for once.;)

$75 an hour for fabrication is also a pretty fair deal if that covers all the consumables. Flap sanders, saw blades, carbide burrs, rags, acetone, markers, clamps, Argon, rods,................... Then there is the U-bends that I screw up and cutt off too much and have to eat. I've eaten alot of stainless U-bends over the years, too.:mad:

I was refering to the 321 SS prices (321 is the better for turbo header fab, but, inconel is best $$$:eek:). I can buy 304 U-J Bends for MUCH cheaper, too. I use the Dairy Farm/food stuff if I need it to look cool, and if I need it right now and don't want to wait for shipping. (local supplier)

If you have $900-$1000 in a down pipe and sell it for $725, how can you stay in business? I do this just for "fun" and can get away with doing things for "free". If this paid what my normal job did, I would do it for a living, but it doesn't come even close. Everyone wants somthing for free. Now, if Jay Leno would step up, then I could at least break even for once.;)

$75 an hour for fabrication is also a pretty fair deal if that covers all the consumables. Flap sanders, saw blades, carbide burrs, rags, acetone, markers, clamps, Argon, rods,................... Then there is the U-bends that I screw up and cutt off too much and have to eat. I've eaten alot of stainless U-bends over the years, too.:mad:

Id love to charge full price to do these things but Im competing with 7 year old kids welding in a sweat shop in China. People balk over spending $700 on downpipes as it is. If we charge what this stuff SHOULD cost, no one would buy it.

We try to take care of the tb.com people so we usually do the fab stuff at a cheaper rate.

Tracks in the area were starting to prep for the season, but unfortunatly we got a good bit of snow this weekend.
We should be able to make a pass or two if we get some decent weather in Feb.

Jeff

has anyone stepped up to get this done on their car yet?

Nope.. I woulda thought someone would have wanted to have one of these by the TB.Com Nats.

Dam too bad im leaving over seas next week and the cars not here in va, but im def considering it for when i get back in aug. Hey Jay mabe if you go down to fla for a visit and swing by orlando you can drive my car back up :biggrin::biggrin: Its down at KDKPerformance getting some stuff done, kevin spoke very highly of you.

Nope.. I woulda thought someone would have wanted to have one of these by the TB.Com Nats.

jay, sent ya a pm with some questions, i might go for it, worried about blowing up my stock 109 though, read my message and let me know.

Heck Jay, I know I have been talking to you about the DP and ext. WG, but seeing that having a TT kit done by you guys at BWR for $3500-$4000 sounds really enticing! Too bad I am in Texas bc I could for the most part break even by selling my almost new BB6765 and DP. I already have the XFI. How would my Prec. FMIC be fabbed up to work with this set-up and would you use my headers or build new ones? I could see getting this done.

You could sell your headers. We would make new headers. As far as the IC, we'd make new pipes to accommodate your existing intercooler.

What has been fabbed up for the intake piping and filtration? Hmm......wish I trusted a transport carrier to haul it to your shop.

What has been fabbed up for the intake piping and filtration? Hmm......wish I trusted a transport carrier to haul it to your shop.

On this car, nothing. Turbo placement on production kits will be a little different and we'll fab up an aluminum intake for the turbos.

Just over 1200 miles from my driveway to BWR. I'd like to see about getting this done, so I need to do a little research. BTW, disco stu did all of my perf. mods, but the boost is set conservatively bc my RJC girdle is still in the box, not the BLOCK! Crank, pistons and rods are all stock. Any ideas on getting the car there!?! If I had a Diesel I would borrow a trailer and bring it bc that is a little too far for a road trip in the Bu!

Just over 1200 miles from my driveway to BWR. I'd like to see about getting this done, so I need to do a little research. BTW, disco stu did all of my perf. mods, but the boost is set conservatively bc my RJC girdle is still in the box, not the BLOCK! Crank, pistons and rods are all stock. Any ideas on getting the car there!?! If I had a Diesel I would borrow a trailer and bring it bc that is a little too far for a road trip in the Bu!

We dont need the car.. probably just the intercooler as I dont have a PTE unit at the shop I dont THINK.. might be one on one of Shane's cars. If you want to call me, Id be happy to go over with you what you'll have to do to install this thing. Im sure its nothing you guys cant handle.

All i have to say to 2tone is

CRAIG DO IT DO ITDO IT!!!

that would be cool... would be pretty fun on the powertour too!!!

It depends on what you already have on your car but if you supply turbos, have a front mount and the fuel system to support this kit, we could do a kit installed, tuned, out the door for about 4 grand.

Ive told the people that have PMd that we'll do 2 kits for around $3500-3600 just to get a couple out there, after that the price goes up. We have to build it on a car so its really no skin off our teeth if its your car or someone else's so doing the installation and tuning is no biggie.

Theres so many alternatives now to run speed density with the stock ECM, the price for admission is a lot lower. Im fairly certain you could move the MAF before the throttle body and use an Extender chip and it work well also.

From this reply, it seems that you would need the car there!?! How would it be tuned if you didn't have my car!?! Also, how would you know how my car was configured in regards to dual fan clearance and piping placement?

Royal_T_Ltd, verrrrry possible!