Its Back!!!! TWINZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

Impressive Jay. Made more then I expected.

Sadly it would make much more but that shortblock wont take it. This engine is nothing special. Ported iron heads, hydraulic roller, TRW pistons, stock rods, crank, etc with caps. I feel very confident we could bust 600 open if we had a shortblock that would take it.

Sadly it would make much more but that shortblock wont take it. This engine is nothing special. Ported iron heads, hydraulic roller, TRW pistons, stock rods, crank, etc with caps. I feel very confident we could bust 600 open if we had a shortblock that would take it.
Would sure be nice to see a bolt-on kit available with supporting parts included. Easier said then done im sure but with the ability to run big power at lower boost that comes on instantly sure sounds sweet.

I thought the original plan was to make a retail bolt-on kit? Are those still ur guys plans or is there too much time involved to pull that off?

520 at the wheels. We just surpassed what the car made with a GTQ71.
How much boost/timing were u runnen with the 71 GTQ? And how much power did it make with the 71? Trying to get a baseline in my head over what u just made with the twins.

Would sure be nice to see a bolt-on kit available with supporting parts included. Easier said then done im sure but with the ability to run big power at lower boost that comes on instantly sure sounds sweet.

I thought the original plan was to make a retail bolt-on kit? Are those still ur guys plans or is there too much time involved to pull that off?

Wondering about this too, I'm sure I can't afford it if it's going to be one-off kits for a few people.

Wondering about this too, I'm sure I can't afford it if it's going to be one-off kits for a few people.

The price is going to pretty much be the same either way... Unless we could do 100+ of them it isn't going to be a "production" thing. Just isn't a big enough market for that! They will all be made in house, just like our DP'd and Header's are so fit and quality are of upmost importance...

Turn around time would be no more than about 1 1/2 weeks max for a complete kit from scrath...

The more we do the faster it will go...

Wow i am really impressed with those numbers guys, i did not think it would come close to 600 horse power on twin stockers.

From my memory, didnt Tony D-Quick install mitsubishi turbos right after getting the kit together?? I thought he did that and made even more power.

Twin TA-49s would be sweet :)

Congrats on the pulls, and it was nice and quiet, loved it :biggrin:

BW

Props to my boys at bigwood.
Give it to the boss man for some fun!

Very impressive.

How tight of a converter do you think you can get away with and still be streetable? Nice to see people that are willing to think outside the box.

Thanks for taking the time to post results.:)

Happy double spooling.

Mike Barnard

You fellas are a true credit to the world of high performance engines. Real nice work. Real nice. I wouldn't be all suprised if Roger Penske called on you to work for his team. It's an honor to type on the same page as you. Keep up the excellent performance work. The video was excellent. Nice sound, too. I can only dream of having that twin turbo setup under my hood. Oh, well, back to shoveling snow.:frown:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Nice!!! It would be cool to offer two types of flange setups a 3bolt & 4bolt. :eek:

Let me go ahead and answer my own stupid comment :tongue:
Not sure if you would really need the 4bolt you could make more than enough power with a 3bolt on a lil V6. ;)

I wonder what would happen if you bolted this setup on Don Cruz's car with twin 71HPQ's :tongue: 8.40's???

Sweet setup.....I would be interested in one in the not too distant future. Another member here built a very sweet twin turbo setup a couple years back. It was "Turbofabricator" (another TR genius). The pic of the TT he built is below.

TurbofabricatorsEngine.jpg

If you will look at the graph the power went STRAIGHT UP... If Randy would have stayed in the gas it is no telling how high it would have went... Remember this thing has stock rods so we weren't pushing it any further...

The main goal for this kit was to take a stock car and turn it into a 10 sec ride with the kit... Any decent 2800 stall would be perfect. There is NO LAG at all... Boost is instant... The beauty of it is being able to use stock CHEAP turbo's and have something different that is just plain FAST:cool:

It will make as much power as your block can handle...

I intend to put a kit on my car in my avatar one day. The motor needs to be rebuilt, yeah I blew it up doing burnouts;)

With a TSM built motor like Cruz's with 2 49's would be SICK...

If I remember right we were all frothing at the mouth when Tony was working on this and I believe he was making so much power he was gernading engines and then he walked away. For a street car this is a wicked system and a nice alternative to running a giant track only turbo. I would be nervous installing on an engine with stock crank and rods but if a stout shortblock is used man-o-man that would be a fantastic street car. I guess Nelson/Duttwieler/Gale Banks subscribe to running twins for a reason. A top quality, all stainless Made in America system would bring your company to the forefront. I think ESP had or maybe still has a twin set-up but I don't think it pumped out close to what you have constructed.
Mike

If I remember right we were all frothing at the mouth when Tony was working on this and I believe he was making so much power he was gernading engines and then he walked away. For a street car this is a wicked system and a nice alternative to running a giant track only turbo. I would be nervous installing on an engine with stock crank and rods but if a stout shortblock is used man-o-man that would be a fantastic street car. I guess Nelson/Duttwieler/Gale Banks subscribe to running twins for a reason. A top quality, all stainless Made in America system would bring your company to the forefront. I think ESP had or maybe still has a twin set-up but I don't think it pumped out close to what you have constructed.
Mike

Tony only made one kit. It went to me originally and then he asked for it back and promised to supply me with another kit. He never did. Big surprise there.

It went from me to Lonnie Diers and he had success with it and then I think Archie ended up with it and still has whats left of it.

You could turn down the boost and make safe power. We could have made more but I didnt want to push the block to destruction and at 589 at the wheels, that was a definite possibility.

TurboFabrictor's setup is sweet. If we do any further kits, the turbos would be similar to his location wise. Thats how the original Project X was supposed to have been set up.