Committment list for Noble 2009

Dave: You will be added to the list. You said YOU would be here but you weren't sure YOUR GN would be ready. Didn't even hit me that the Skye would qualify.

I'll buy you one of your own hamburgers!!

It'll be good to see you. Sorry to see your son won't be here.

Phil Engle

New list.

BUICK FORD SHOOTOUT PARTICIPANTS
OCTOBER 17, 2009
=============================

Commitments
AR DAVID WOODS
AR JACK KOTLARZ
AR JAMES KIDDY
AR KINGOTS 2004
AR QUICK ONE
AR RAY ALEXANDER
AR WILL BARNES
IL TURBO-T
KS JURRASIC FIVE 7
KS LUKE SILKY
KS MATT GORDON
KS MR. STAGE 1
MA JACK COTTON
MO BOOST BROTHER
NE GEARGRINDER
NE GN1090SS
NE JOHN PLOG
OH JOHN SCHMIDT
OK ALAN CLAYTON
OK AUSTIN KENDALL
OK BLOWN OKIE
OK BOB THOMAS
OK BRANDON WYMER
OK BUTCH DEACON
OK CLAY HOLLANDER
OK DAN MEADOR
OK DICK WALKER
OK ERICH DAVIS
OK JERRY CHAMBERS
OK JERRY CHAMBERS #2
OK JIMMIE MARTIN
OK JUSTAMATT
OK KATHY EMBERTON
OK LARRY EADS
OK LARRY SARTIN
OK LEON BOELTE
OK MIKE LERNER
OK PHIL ENGLE
OK RENE ZELDENTHUIS
OK RUSSELL GOODMAN
OK SCOTT HETZEL
OK SHANE CLARKE
OK STEVE EMBERTON
OK TRACY HOOPER
TX 8URV8
TX CARL BRIMER
TX CURTIS ROY
TX DAN BRODASKI
TX DAVID NEWTON
TX FRANK BROOKS
TX JD BROOKS
TX JOHN PEKAR
TX LEGACY GN
TX MIKE DERDEN
TX MIKE HOGAN
TX PHIL UNDERWOOD
TX SCOTT ROY
TX SIXGUN86GN
TX TIM ROY
TX TKGN1
TX RACHEL
V8 ASSASSIN

2008 Racers
No Commitment
AR TRENT MATTHEWS
KS MARK SHACKELFORD
M0 JEFF PRATT
MN JACK PENDZAMIS
MO PHONE GUY
NE GN1090SS
NE JOHNDEEREGN
OK BOB NORDQUIST
OK BRYANT GANTTER
OK GARY LIMB
OK HENCHEMAN
OK JEFF MOORE
OK JESSE CANTERRA
OK LARRY BRASWELL
OK MALYNDA RIDGE
OK NEMO
OK RON RUSSELL
OK RUDY
TN SDTEB
TX 2QUIK6
TX 2TONEWE4
TX BONES HAYHURST
TX BRYAN ALBERTI
TX CASEY CUNNINGHAM
TX CHASE TUCKER
TX CODY C
TX E J HOWE
TX ERIKA ALBERTI
TX GEOFF NEWTON
TX GEORGE HEBBEL
TX GEORGE SWEEZY
TX MITCH SMITH
TX ROSS LITTLE
TX SYCLONE 2982
TX TIM WENDEBERG
TX TODD KAY
TX TURBOCODY
TX TWOTONE WE4
TX TYLER NORTHCUTT

Dave: You will be added to the list. You said YOU would be here but you weren't sure YOUR GN would be ready. Didn't even hit me that the Skye would qualify.

I'll buy you one of your own hamburgers!!

It'll be good to see you. Sorry to see your son won't be here.

Phil Engle

I wanted to bring the Sky last year along with the GN, but wasn't able to... I guess I will this year. It is a little bittersweet if you know what I mean I didn't want to bring it this way :redface:

Hahahahahahaha The burgers will be a cookin at lunchtime :biggrin: Your more than welcome Phil. See ya soon...

I am sure Bones Hayhurst will be there unless he blows his car up. That guy always makes Noble. I will ask Casey Cunningham and George Hebbell if they are coming again this year, I bet George will for sure. Not positive about Casey, he is more of a Mopar guy.

In a little over a week, we will start the 100 day countdown for the 2009 Shootout at Noble. Those 100 days will go by fast so make sure your car is ready to rock.

No current changes in the commitment list which has 61 racers.

We need more cars.

Wish everyone a safe and enjoyable 4th of July and remember those that started this holiday along with those who protect us so we can continue to celebrate it.

Phil Engle

Phil,

If I can add a suggestion: give a call to actual racers directly that have gone in the past or ones you know might be "thinking" about coming. This thread seems more for guys that already know they're going.

- maybe a new thread to also offer yourself or other club members contact information for people that are curious but don't know anything about the event. In 2006-07, I think I got 20-30 calls from random people that just didn't know what it was about, and I think those calls netted some additional racers for sure - even a guy in need of a break from family issues that wanted to come from Wisconsin, but I'm not sure if he made it.

Is nice to reach out to local clubs in the the contiguous state areas to garner support - tx, la, ark, mo, ks, ne, az, nm, co, etc.

John

John: If you recall, Dick Walker talks to people all over the country virtually year round and promotes this race and was instrumental in getting the Shootout set as a TSM event this year. I am sure that he would appreciate any assistance that you would like to offer in helping him promote the race even more.

I am targeting local owners of the additional cars that can now participate due to the changes that allow more GM vehicles to qualify. This would include Pontiac, Oldsmobile, GMC, Cadillac and Saturn. I am talking to local clubs and will also be walking the staging lanes at Thunder Valley the next few months talking to potential recruits.

The Noble Shootout has been in place for nearly 15 years and has threads on TurboBuick, TurboBuicks, T6P and information in the GS Express so I am not sure why people interested in Buicks would not find out about this event fairly easily. TurboBuick did place this thread as a sticky giving us a prominent spot in the category of national events.

I haven't seen your name on the participant list for several years and I'd like to see you get back into the game.

Phil Engle

Phil, I was just trying to help with suggestions. In 2006-07 I did some calling to those outside of Dick's norm.

Last year was the only year in recent years that I didn't field a car. My cousin drove our supercharged car in 2007. That car is being sold and will probably show up with another TX member.

I don't have a car to race otherwise.

need schedule for the shootout

i have never been to the shootout before,but am looking forward to meeting all the texas guys there as i spent most of my life in houston.
i'm bringing CATEGORY 6 the twin turbo car she will run 7's haven't had her on the track this year because of either bad weather,or bad luck with little things that has kept us in the pits.the good news is she is FRESH!! READY TO kick SOME FORDS AS---'S IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.:eek:
god willing i will be there boys,lets do some drag racing!!!!!!:cool:

bobby don (the ole man with the slo buick):D
i live in the st.louis area now,but i'm coming!!:eek:

i have never been to the shootout before,but am looking forward to meeting all the texas guys there as i spent most of my life in houston.
i'm bringing CATEGORY 6 the twin turbo car she will run 7's haven't had her on the track this year because of either bad weather,or bad luck with little things that has kept us in the pits.the good news is she is FRESH!! READY TO kick SOME FORDS AS---'S IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.:eek:
god willing i will be there boys,lets do some drag racing!!!!!!:cool:

bobby don (the ole man with the slo buick):D
i live in the st.louis area now,but i'm coming!!:eek:
Awesome! I love that car! I have not seen it run in person since I went to BG a couple of years ago. I expect that the TX portion of the list will be much stronger than what is currently listed. :biggrin:

Phil, I was just trying to help with suggestions. In 2006-07 I did some calling to those outside of Dick's norm.

Last year was the only year in recent years that I didn't field a car. My cousin drove our supercharged car in 2007. That car is being sold and will probably show up with another TX member.

I don't have a car to race otherwise.
John if I remember correctly, if you had not stepped up to the plate in 2006 to help out as race director for them that year, this event may have died. Win or lose, I always enjoy attending this event. It is the one big event I plan and save for each year. Everyone's continued efforts to help better this event for us is greatly appreciated.

I wonder if I can convince the wife that I am going to the OU/Texas game. Maybe then she'll not balk at me buying a plane ticket!

help me with schedule

is this a one day event? when do we have use of the track?
bobby don (the ole man with the slo buick):eek:

I thought it was going to be on Halloween as well, glad I looked at the date. Good thing is that I'll be home this year to see the kids dress up and eat their candy!

Hoping to make my first Buick event... My car is slow though .... never been on the track, and is probably a 14 second turd...

I could bring my 11 second Pontiac Firebird instead, but it just seems like I should bring the Buick. I just wish it were faster..

BOP4ever, you'll probably have a better chance of scoring points for the "Team" with the slower car!