Committment list for Noble 2009

how about you bring your lightning also & get another point for team buick.. if you follow what i mean.. we can play as dirty as team ford too.. i'm not above it... if only i had a ford that runs :)

We can make it happen!!! LOL!!!! Whoops my foot slipped off the gas pedal,"WIN Point" for Team Buick!!!!:biggrin:

You can count on Matt and I making it down to OKC, good Lord willing. I never know which car is coming until I turn around and look on the trailer.

Sarah

PS I always look forward to this event, next year will be our 10th year and always racing!

I spoke with Larry Sartin, a fellow OK Buicks member, last night.
He said, he will be back, for the 2009 Shootout. Larrys car can easily be a
mid to high 9 second car, with a little more tuning.

Austin Kendall
OK Buicks

2008 Shootout pictures

Thunder Valley Raceway has a link to some pictures taken at the 2008 Shootout with the Fords. There are some good pictures and thought you might enjoy seeing your car.:D

Website 030708

They also have a pretty good video of cars from the 50's and 60's with car songs from that time.

Phil Engle

I bought this shot at the track to take home and stick on the wall. I was still going up when he hit the button. I want a big air shot for the wall(not damaging wheels up though. lol)

PB013789.jpg

I spoke with Larry Sartin, a fellow OK Buicks member, last night.
He said, he will be back, for the 2009 Shootout. Larrys car can easily be a
mid to high 9 second car, with a little more tuning.

Austin Kendall
OK Buicks

I'm scared of Larry driving that fast, but his car does have "the stuff" and did look pretty stable at 130mph. I guess he's due for an Outback Special.

Ok.. I'm going to go back upstairs and test those terminals again.

I'll be back again as usual. A win is always nice; but, it is the comaraderie with my fellow BOP friends that really makes this event for me. Every year I set a new 1320 PB at this event. I plan on dropping that even further this year with the new 109 in the works. I noticed a lot of regulars were missing from the '08 event. Hopefully, they will return with our new BOP friends this year!

"the Return Of "category 6" To Oklahoma

i have never been to noble,but the idea of kicking some fords ass sounds really good to me.we were # 2 qualifer at bowling green in 08 goining 8.15@167.78 mph you guys know the car "CATEGORY 6" ITS RUN THERE BEFORE BUT NOT AS FAST AS ITS GOINNG NOW! we will run 7's in the 170's :eek:
if its still runing when noble comes around i will be there driving for the buick nation. look forward to meeting you guys there.
your buick buddy,

BOBBY DON "the ole man with the slo buick" :biggrin:

Please do and bring your friends too!

i have never been to noble,but the idea of kicking some fords ass sounds really good to me.we were # 2 qualifer at bowling green in 08 goining 8.15@167.78 mph you guys know the car "CATEGORY 6" ITS RUN THERE BEFORE BUT NOT AS FAST AS ITS GOINNG NOW! we will run 7's in the 170's :eek:
if its still runing when noble comes around i will be there driving for the buick nation. look forward to meeting you guys there.
your buick buddy,

BOBBY DON "the ole man with the slo buick" :biggrin:
I certainly hope so. That would be awesome! We have been taking a beating the last several years because we have been lacking enough faster cars to push the ladder up. Usually, we score a lot of points between the 11 & 12 sec Buicks on hand. However, without enough faster cars to prop up the ladder, those drivers have been forced to run 10 & 11 sec sandbaggers. The car counts for Team Buick have been suffering. It sure would be great to take a win back this year and start a recovery. :cool:

Sign me up......I missed last year do to the oil pickup becoming unbolted but will be there with bells on.

Looks like there will officially be a TSM points event at the shootout. It'll be nice if we can get a good turnout from them to help close the gap on the fords.