Committment list for Noble 2009

Is there a definate date for the '09 event yet?
I'm gonna go ahead and get reservations!!:)

Do we have a date set yet? I will commit as long is OSU isn't playing a home game that day. I was kinda torn this year missing the game.

OK Russell Goodman

I pulled this off the OKBuicks website for you to see. This is the final results of the first Oklahoma Shootout and it was held in Tulsa.

Buicks won in spite of 4 red lights and 6 of the Buick racers on this list raced in 2008.:cool:

1995 GN vs Mustang Shootout Results (at Tulsa)

Team Buick Team Ford
1. Fred Baker 11.35 (RL) 11.19 WIN
2. Eric Barmettler 11.84 (RL) 11.73 WIN
3. Keith Driver 12.50 (RL) 11.61 WIN
4. Bob Thomas 11.84 11.72 WIN
5. Thomas Sweet 12.18 WIN 12.39
6. Mark Wallace 12.28 12.12 WIN
7. Mike Westoff 12.40 WIN 12.20
8. Kathy Emberton 12.40 WIN 18.92
9. Scott Smith 12.47 (RL) 13.03 WIN
10. Dick Walker 12.81 WIN 12.76
11. Roy House 13.17 WIN 13.54
12. Brian Smith 13.09 WIN 18.65
13. Steve Monroe 12.69 WIN 13.20
14. Jim Davis 13.13 WIN 13.34
15. Rene Zeldenthuis 13.09 13.66 WIN
16. Fran Schulte 13.15 12.95 WIN
17. Larry Love 13.39 WIN 14.49
18. Carl Denning 13.42 WIN 14.36
19. Steve Emberton 13.69 WIN 15.64

Glad to see everybody that has signed up so far.

What I want for Christmas is to have 100 names on the list before I take off for the holidays.

Apologize for the scrambled mess above but I tried to edit it 3 times and it never changed.
Original is at http://www.okbuicks.com/1995_Results.pdf

Phil Engle

Do we have a date set yet? I will commit as long is OSU isn't playing a home game that day. I was kinda torn this year missing the game.

OK Russell Goodman

you can watch the game on tv...have somebody record it.. racing is more important:D

I hope to have the car running better by then so I won't lose to a Diesel truck.:redface:

BOOSTBROTHER 72 GS MO

Team Shootout Date: October 17, 2009

Fifteenth Annual Team Buick vs Team Ford is scheduled for October 17, 2009. This will again be held at Thunder Valley Raceway Park, Noble, Oklahoma. Friday night will be available for test and tune and any Point Series, TSO, TSM activities that might be scheduled. OKBuicks will be the Host and will also be a Sponsor for any proposed Points Series racing. DickWalker, OKBuicks

Fifteenth Annual Team Buick vs Team Ford is scheduled for October 17, 2009. This will again be held at Thunder Valley Raceway Park, Noble, Oklahoma. Friday night will be available for test and tune and any Point Series, TSO, TSM activities that might be scheduled. OKBuicks will be the Host and will also be a Sponsor for any proposed Points Series racing. DickWalker, OKBuicks

Great, thanks for doing this Dick. You guys put on what I would call my favorite racing event of the year. I can't wait.

just brought the GN home this evening from storage, COUNT ME IN !!!

:cool: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I believe that nexts years event will be ours!!! Plenty of time to get the car just right!!!

I believe that nexts years event will be ours!!! Plenty of time to get the car just right!!!

how about you bring your lightning also & get another point for team buick.. if you follow what i mean.. we can play as dirty as team ford too.. i'm not above it... if only i had a ford that runs :)

I can't wait to go next year, hopefully the new bullet I'm getting together now will do something good.

l_8830c45138ece61defae2e225fcda1c1.jpg

Does anybody know how to get this thread set up as a "sticky"?

Since September we've had 5 threads about Noble; 4,600 views and 260+ posts so there is obviously a huge amount of interest in this event.:cool:

I've sent a couple of emails to the moderator with no response.

Help would be appreciated.

Phil Engle

Phil
Put us down for 2009 for sure. I hope to show up with "more driver" next year. My car can do better than my a 11.99.
Its good to see interest this high. Lets keep this up !

Austin and LaDonna Kendall

You can count me in for 2009. Hopefully the Riviera will be running up to its potential (whatever that is !!!!!) and the Opel should be back together. Sorry I missed this year.

I suggested to the TSM/TSO organizers two years ago to include Noble in their roster of events. That would give the midwest participants a chance to bring out their cars to a more "local" event. I am confident Dick Walker will be working earnestly with the TSM/TSO directors to make this happen. This would be a win/win situation for everyone...................except the Fords !!!

Glad to see this early enthusiasm. Lets make the 150+ Buicks a reality!!! It can easily happen. There should be around 10 cars just from the KC area alone. Are you reading this Bob, Joe, Bryan???

Im glad that 2009 will not be over halloween weekend, i will do my best to guide all my friends from the south to make it to the event. Even the guys from the north too:biggrin:

Heck its a year away, cant commit, but will try and make it like every year.
Last year we got inside the track, BS'd for 30 minutes and fell asleep inside my dodge...

BW

Noble 2009

Phil thanks again to you DW and all the Ok. guys and gals for a great event. The Arkansas Mafia will have more cars than ever at this event. What a draw it would be to have Jack Cotton and a bunch of the bad boys show up in Noble. Count on Jack, Ray, Doug, Robert and me just from the Little Rock area. I know 150 cars is possible and would that be super. James Kiddy

I just want to say thanks to Jack for the time. I enjoyed talking to you and your advice! It was a treat to have you in our neck of the woods.

I just want to say thanks to Jack for the time. I enjoyed talking to you and your advice! It was a treat to have you in our neck of the woods.

I also want to thank Jack Cotton for his advice. Saturday I brought him my laptop with a data log. He was kind enough to give me his thoughts.
Jack is a good guy, and glad to see he has become part of our event.
I am sure his company will be on my short list of vendors for future purchases

Austin Kendall
OK Buicks