Att. All 20" Haters, This Is For You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chip Foose = sellout mtv kind of guy. he has skill but I just dont like the way he hacks up, ghetto jobs nice cars. Just my opinion. I have watched the show and some times it seems set up I know some people would rather have a stock resto than his "improvements".

Chip Foose= Xzibit and pimp my ride, same concept; different craft. Don't get me wrong, I like wheels and nice looking cars.....but why start a thread called: Att. All 20" Haters, This is for you. That's weak. You're just begging for people to say something. I actually show love to people on this board like HybridT, you could tell when someone mods their car because they want to please themselves, and then you have guys like this; who just do what everyone else does to show off.

hboost said:
Chip Foose= Xzibit and pimp my ride, same concept; different craft. Don't get me wrong, I like wheels and nice looking cars.....but why start a thread called: Att. All 20" Haters, This is for you. That's weak. You're just begging for people to say something. I actually show love to people on this board like HybridT, you could tell when someone mods their car because they want to please themselves, and then you have guys like this; who just do what everyone else does to show off.

i stand by hes comment. have fun driving over bumpy roads.

It's funny, I've been reading this thread throughout, and I have agreed and disagreed with what has been said. I do believe that people nowadays try to emulate whatever they see on t.v. which in my opinion is the wrong reason to do anything regardless of what the situation may be. I do believe that 20's look good on GN's if it's done the right way as we have seen in some of the pics in this thread, but can be a disaster also because the car just sits way too high.

I don't know about anywhere else, but out here in Phoenix, AZ big wheels isn't just a young generation or "urban" thing anymore. It seems as though people have race tied up in this whole situation when it's really a huge melting pot of people riding on big wheels. I've seen so many middle age to older white people riding on huge wheels, that aren't the stock wheels. These people are not what you guys call "ghetto" these are regular working class people. It's funny to see, I've even seen alot of older people riding on "spinners" in which I think spinning rims are corny. To sum it all up, I just think that times are different and with that comes change. Muscle cars were "in style, and then out of style" so to speak. Now the younger generation is taking notice of muscle cars, but adding a different element with the big wheels.

U cant say that aint sweet.......

Attachments

• 20s9.JPG
    20s9.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 408
17" wheels

My boss and I both are in favor of this car. Great stance and nice wheels. I would choose these over mine in a heartbeat!!

Attachments

• 25 gn.jpg
    25 gn.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 429
jasjamz said:
My boss and I both are in favor of this car. Great stance and nice wheels. I would choose these over mine in a heartbeat!!

Exactly which wheels are those ?? :cool:

gnjay said:
You haters don't even realize that by hating on someone you are actually giving them their props "respect". You haters just let me know my car is headed in the right direction.

Let me see if I understand this. If a hater is giving you "props" then does that mean that all of the compliments you get are actually people insulting you? :confused:

Really, if it works for you then so be it. You have to look at each car on an individual basis. Some cars may be "tight" and an identical car may miss it and just not look right. But if you are proud of it, be it a rare GNX, a burgundy on white T, or a primered up Tercel, that's what matters.

Your car does look good. Myself, I have 17's and I think they are just right on my car. Enough "bling" to get noticed but enough function that it works well.

86TType said:
U cant say that aint sweet.......

Add me to the list of haters than. The cars are nice but the wheels and tires just plain suck. The thread starter says "done right". Not even close IMO. First off look at what is behind those wheels,especially on the torque thrust clones. Drum brakes and rotors, and puny ones at that! Dump another 10 grand and get rid of the distraction with some mega big brakes. My number one b1tch about these 20's and even the 18 and 19's are the width of them. You guys need to make them proportional. If you increase the diameter also increase the width. Those look like bicycle tires. At least you did get the car lower so the ride height isn't as bad as the one at the beginning of the thread. Its just those damn skinny tires. Maybe more sidewall would help.

And the reason you wont find them on my car. Traction! You guys are running around on some of the hardest compound tires out there. It's obvious you more concerned about the bling than the zing. And lowering the car just screws up the geometry so it doesn't launch worth a chit either. Pony up the bucks and put some sticky Goodyears or something on it ,will ya?

Thanks, guys, just dynoed this last weekend, 300 rwhp & 366 rwtq. Basic monogram model glue-ons. It's funny how many people will challenge a bone stock appearing grandpa turbo Buick. I have been challenged by virtually everything but a Moped, and I expect that anyday.

Wells said:
Thanks, guys, just dynoed this last weekend, 300 rwhp & 366 rwtq. Basic monogram model glue-ons. It's funny how many people will challenge a bone stock appearing grandpa turbo Buick. I have been challenged by virtually everything but a Moped, and I expect that anyday.

Nice looks like mine :cool: What mods do you have to get those dyno #s. Any 1/4 mile times?

I almost bought that car off of ebay when it was for sale.

Attachments

• 8b_12.jpg
    8b_12.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 387
Status
Not open for further replies.