Att. All 20" Haters, This Is For You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another pic

I have alot of pics but the quality is too good. Here's one from my camera phone :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 548
I'll tell ya what looks silly there is a brother here local that has 28's yes I said 28's on a 1980 Monte Carlo. The car is all rims
You havent been to fort lauderdale lately? thats the style here for a couple of years now and i hear talk from some of the "hood rats" that the new 30's are coming soon so if you think 20's look out of place then wait till you see a 84 regal limited with 30's

Ok I stand corrected the big wheel look is it. Just traded my GN for this!

Attachments

• oh my.jpg
    oh my.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 563
The stock brakes are barely adequate for 15" wheels, and you change the wheels to add twice the rotating mass. That sounds like a great idea :rolleyes: Adding all the extra rotating mass on a stock suspension, stock brake car is unsafe. Anyone who would do that needs to have their head examined.

Wrong

NJVetteGuy said:
The stock brakes are barely adequate for 15" wheels, and you change the wheels to add twice the rotating mass. That sounds like a great idea :rolleyes: Adding all the extra rotating mass on a stock suspension, stock brake car is unsafe. Anyone who would do that needs to have their head examined.

That's why I have blazer brakes on my GN :rolleyes:

looks really good man, I just need more rubber between mine and the road with the hp level I am running and the roads around here. 17s would be as big as I would want myself but if yours roads are good enough to not beat you to death in her it does look pretty dang good Daniel Ray

GnJay....your car is HOT!! I want your wheels. i have some used rusty gn wheels I will ship you for free if you send me those 20s. :biggrin:

As for 1-2" of rubber & potholes....I've had 20s on my roadmaster for 3 years in Michigan with no problems. It actually improved my vision a ton. I can spot a pothole or traintracks from 2 miles now.

In my opinion, 15s-17s have TOO MUCH sidewall, just looks goofy. But, I am talking looks, not performance. Slicks for the strip, 20s for the street. Plus, 20s look awesome smoking off that expensive rubber :biggrin:

"As for 1-2" of rubber & potholes....I've had 20s on my roadmaster for 3 years in Michigan with no problems. It actually improved my vision a ton. I can spot a pothole or traintracks from 2 miles now"

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
You can spot them but how do you manage to process that much data!

You must have been to our wonderfully paved state....

Instead of miles per gallon, we count potholes per minute....usually 10-20 :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the nice compliments. It makes me fill all toasty inside :biggrin:

i like the design, black on black is where it is at. still 20s are too much. 18s would be the max. if the company just made the wheel, were they planning on other sizes?

zpd307

20's are too much-----for you. I love them and wouldn't go any smaller on the street :cool: But they do make 18 - 24" rims :wink:

When I said they just made my wheels, I was talking about how they cut & painted the center section, and bolted the rims together :rolleyes:

thats the beauty of opinions. hell i just put on a set of 15" gnx replicas that i picked up last fall on my we4. even those set off the all black look. i often wondered, how harsh is the ride with no sidewall like that.

novaderrik said:
those wouldn't last a day on the roads in MN- even the smooth roads..

They wouldnt last long in south fla either, they would steal the whole car just to get the rims. :biggrin:

One thing I will say ,I just got back home from picking up a car with stock rims 15",and boy do they ride like a caddy,and not a 1977 caddy iether ,,I have 17" on my other 2 cars ,now I see that they need to go..... ;)

I know i had this question answered already but accidently erased the PM. What sre the specs? BS, wheel width, tire sizes? Thanks -----Jeremy

I don't "hate" twenty inch rims. Those of you who keep using that word might want to get someone to show you how to use a dictionary. I feel sorry for those who are so impressed with fashion that they choose form over function. In the case of a car that was designed in the 1970s, 20 inch rims are most certainly "form over function". With the suspension of the GN or turbo Regal, they will not work as well as smaller wheels- except for "show". Southern California seems to be so deep into the importance of looks that function is rarely considered. And a white Regal with burgundy interior would certainly be more attractive than many of the pimpmobiles adored by hip hop stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.