If you donated....

We are trying to dial it in guys. It is not easy at all. We have a certain flat operating cost that must be met. We are trying to find the happy medium that covers the bills. I am not trying to profit ONE THIN DIME here, just cover the costs and I am happy....

Jay what are we calling normal, with the ads? I seeing things deteriorating.
Double, duplicate ads now in between individual posts. When you first tweaked the ads it was great. Seems to be sliding backwards.
Thanks

Im basicaly working in 3 systems for displaying ads and trying to get them all dialed in. You'll probably see some come and go over the next couple of weeks.

Ultimately "no ad" people will only see the vendor banner ads. Im just having issues getting our main ad serving mechanism to respect usergroups.

Last edited:
If this is bad please just delete it.....but

I run google chrome, installed a free app called AdBlocker Ultimate, never seen an advertisement since installing.
Works on all websites with pop up adds.

I donated a long while back before the donor list was changed/erased for a little while. Not sure what happened...I may have been bumped from the list due to other higher donors so I didn't appear anymore?

I donated a long while back before the donor list was changed/erased for a little while. Not sure what happened...I may have been bumped from the list due to other higher donors so I didn't appear anymore?
I’ve donated lin the past but never saw much of a decrease in ads. Tried the donate button today and got an error message. Only option was PayPal. Maybe post up an email address we can directly send a pp donation

Can someone who has a turbobuick.com supporter tag tell me what ads look like now?

Jay, I wasn't going to bring this up, but the ads are worse than I have ever seen.
The most frustrating is, clicking on new posts, for instance. You get a large ad, and I cannot do anything until you X out of the ad, then you get the topic you wanted to see.
Non of what I've seen would be considered, community vendors to the hobby.

Jay, I wasn't going to bring this up, but the ads are worse than I have ever seen.
The most frustrating is, clicking on new posts, for instance. You get a large ad, and I cannot do anything until you X out of the ad, then you get the topic you wanted to see.
Non of what I've seen would be considered, community vendors to the hobby.

What are they like NOW?

I'm still seeing ads on mobile, including some full screen instances like N2BUICK mentioned. On my desktop I don't notice nearly as many.

It's cleaned up a lot on my laptop , much better !!

Not too good on my end... ad's still bad, and very glitchy...Mike

There shouldnt be any difference between cell and desktop. The ads get resized on the fly. Try clearing your cache and see if its any better.

Still have small add's and some full page add's on my Laptop

Can you post a screenshot?

Can you post a screenshot?
My print screen function doesnt work on my laptop , im still on windows 7 and it needs driver updates so i have to upgrade all together soon