Att. All 20" Haters, This Is For You

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the 20s. I'm going with 19s and a higher profile sidewall. 19s and 20s don't look out of place on a big car like this as long as it's done right. I like a little sidewall. Right now I'm looking at 315/45/19s on the rear and 275/45/19 on the front. IMO it still retains the muscle car look.

[/QUOTE]Reread the thread didnt realize you were from out here, probably met you already, did you go to the Long Beach Paint shop Gathering?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was there. My car is there getting that single stage paint right now.

This was me then, without the front air dams.

Attachments

• Old jay.jpg
    Old jay.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,399
Yeah ok you came later, Mine had the Texas plates on it

Now they have Cali plates :cool:
Are you going to the dyno?
And for all the people that didnt read the Title of this post, this was meant for you " All you Haters", Time to change with the times and not be stuck in the 80's.

EGOKILR said:
this was meant for you " All you Haters", Time to change with the times and not be stuck in the 80's.

If being stuck in the 80s means we use rims that let you turn your steering wheel without chewing up your fender, I guess we're all stuck there. You sound like a real mature person fo shizzle wizzle dizzle.

Turbo6Chicago said:
. You sound like a real mature person fo shizzle wizzle dizzle.
That is exactly what I am talking about, get with the times, Its a just talk we do for fun, I have been to chicago too, I am a very mature person, and if you got offended by this, then this was probably meant for you. Apparently you knew what I was saying, you said it just like Snoop said it.

Yeah This Tread Is For All Haters

I knew some of you would come out sooner or later. You haters don't even realize that by hating on someone you are actually giving them their props "respect". You haters just let me know my car is headed in the right direction.

My car will have all areas covered. LOOKS,BEAT,and HEAT (BEAT aka SOUNDS)
(HEAT aka POWER)

It all comes down to this: if people aren't hating on you then you aren't doing it right. Samples:
#5 Why would you spend all that money on a paint job. People are just going to scratch it.
#4 Why would you have a ten sec car? Your going to need a roll cage now.
#3 My friend had 20's and he messed up his trans.
#2 With music like that you can hurt your ears.
And the #1 hater move is, WITH A CAR LIKE THAT PEOPLE ARE JUST GOING TO STEAL IT.

Haters are a joke :biggrin: :D :D :D

gnjay said:
I knew some of you would come out sooner or later. You haters don't even realize that by hating on someone you are actually giving them their props "respect". You haters just let me know my car is headed in the right direction.

My car will have all areas covered. LOOKS,BEAT,and HEAT (BEAT aka SOUNDS)
(HEAT aka POWER)

It all comes down to this: if people aren't hating on you then you aren't doing it right. Samples:
#5 Why would you spend all that money on a paint job. People are just going to scratch it.
#4 Why would you have a ten sec car? Your going to need a roll cage now.
#3 My friend had 20's and he messed up his trans.
#2 With music like that you can hurt your ears.
And the #1 hater move is, WITH A CAR LIKE THAT PEOPLE ARE JUST GOING TO STEAL IT.

Haters are a joke :biggrin: :D :D :D
I second that.

I've got to respond here after some lengthy reading on this thread.

I'm 44 yrs old and I don't much care for 20's on a TR but they do look good on your car. Just not enough tire between the rim and the ground for my taste and with 20's I don't believe you can get enough tire with a 20.
I don't like them on a TR but I don't hate them. I put 20's on my sons Silverado pu and they look great!
I run 17's on my GN which I believe are about right for this car, but just my opinion.
To each there own.

I'll tell ya what looks silly there is a brother here local that has 28's yes I said 28's on a 1980 Monte Carlo. The car is all rims. :eek: :eek: :eek:

fast86gn said:
I'll tell ya what looks silly there is a brother here local that has 28's yes I said 28's on a 1980 Monte Carlo. The car is all rims. :eek: :eek: :eek:

that thing must be 2 feet off the ground

28"s Now I think that is way toooo Big

But too each his own, GNJay's looks good with 20's, I have even seen some MC's with 22's and up. Too each his own. I understand about being 44 and liking the 17's or even the original wheels. I just do know that Cars are going in a different Direction, and the Big 3 have been paying attention. Detroit has been making alot of vehicles with 18 and 20" options, Mercedes, BMW also. Times are just changing.

Those rims look nice on your car but where are the tires?

great looking car. it almost looks as good as mine. just playing. looks awesome! I'll try to get pictures of mine up on the board in a week or two when my mechanic finishes my engine.

Nice car........thats sweet i wanted to go with blk wheels!!!!!!

Attachments

• 20s7.JPG
    20s7.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 621
TURBOPOWERED68 said:
that thing must be 2 feet off the ground

At least that much probably more? I would say a small step ladder to get in the damn thing. Auh did I say ugly.

86ttype

Your car looks good. Did you lower it? If so, what springs did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.