Att. All 20" Haters, This Is For You

Status
Not open for further replies.
flattype said:
Nice looks like mine :cool: What mods do you have to get those dyno #s. Any 1/4 mile times?
------------------------
Accufab afpr, Neal Steward street chip, 100 octane V.P. unleaded race fuel, Kirban-Limit Engineering TA49, Race Jace plenum plate, hybrid boost controller, & factory style pulley set, Thunderfab stock mount IC, THDP, THDP "shorty" hollow cat, Hooker cat-back, hooker Aerochamber muffs. Bilsteins on all 4 paws, Kirban's front & rear springs, missing #'s 3 & 4 lower body bushings & upper #5 (GNX) factory GM bushings installed, BMR fully adjustable tubular upper rear control arms, spherical bearings frame side & factory rubber bushings axle side, Global West tubular lower rear control arms, spehrical bearings frame side & Del-A-Lum bearings axle side, & Global West 1" rear sway bar. This is a honestly self-admitted garage slut (queen) and will probably never see the 1/4 or 1/8 mile. I don't mind molesting it on the street a little, but so far I draw the line at raping it on the drag-strip.

flattype said:
How many pounds of boost? Sorry for so many questions.
-------------------------------
No problem, I am a slut for attention and so is the car.
------------------------------
I believe that we were setting at about 18 or 19. 20 max. I am very happy with the readings considering it is still running the factory injectors and through the very restrictive factory air box but with a K & N filter. I am thinking that when I go to a Mark Hueffman (BuickGN?) cold air/fresh air package, it will pick up a few more hp & tq.

Wells great job getting that power with mostly stock parts. I checked out the pics really nice I wish mine looked like that! Im going to get mine dynoed after I get the terry houston downpipe on. Eric

TURBOPOWERED68 said:
looks great dude :cool:
but too delicate for me
i would feel like i was driving that old laddy what ever her name was.
Ya mean from, 'Driving over Miss Daisy' 68? They look good on your car GN. To hook well takes sidewall deflection though(less wall=less deflection). Have you raced much with these? 60' times?

marred4life said:
thats a nice T wells
------------------------------------
Thanks for the props. May not be a Compton car, but I am right next door.

those guys in compton dont know the true value and appriciation of these classic cars, they see my car and think its all stock, lil do they that im pushing a T70 and full bolt ons :biggrin: :biggrin: those guys are usually on BIG WHEELS!!

Wells used to hang out with Eazy-E's daddy's and uncle's, he gave'm the name of N.W.A! :biggrin:

marred4life said:
those guys in compton dont know the true value and appriciation of these classic cars, they see my car and think its all stock, lil do they that im pushing a T70 and full bolt ons :biggrin: :biggrin: those guys are usually on BIG WHEELS!!
----------------------------------------
Usually on BIG WHEELS?
You give them much more credit than I do. I always thought that they were on CRACK?

rodman99999 said:
Ya mean from, 'Driving over Miss Daisy' 68? They look good on your car GN. To hook well takes sidewall deflection though(less wall=less deflection). Have you raced much with these? 60' times?

thats the one

This guy has over 100 replies, hating and all.....I guess this is what he wanted, eventhough we all know that the intentions for this thread are weak....

Wells said:
------------------------------
You don't mean my white turbo-T, do you?

No the picture I posted is the GN with Budnik's on it. It was on ebay a year or so ago in Florida. You do have a very nice T though.

DissT said:
No the picture I posted is the GN with Budnik's on it. It was on ebay a year or so ago in Florida. You do have a very nice T though.
=----------------
Thanks for the props.

Some time ago one of the clean-hands car rags (C & D, I think) did a comparison of 15's, 16's, 17's, 18's and maybe 19's or 20's using one vehicle. The test involved a series of traction (both acceleration and braking), handling and ride quality evaluations on the same car on the same road surfaces. Not surprisingly, 17's were found to perform best overall.

The car originally pictured in this thread looks pretty good in my opinion, and I generally don't dig wheels bigger than 18" unless the car is designed around them (ie Corvette, SRT-8, etc). Usually, 20x8's or 20x9's look too tall and narrow for a G-body. I also agree with the comment that the stock brakes become dangerously inadequate when used with such large diameter wheels, not to mention how small stock discs look and and how ridiculous drums look behind these big wheels.

I don't think I'd ever put 19's or 20's on something we build, so I guess I am stuck in the 80's with the other guys. My current car has 17's, so at least I'm in the late 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.