Your thoughts on the New 707hp 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

Even factoring conservative drivetrain loss at 15%, 670 at the wheels is just under 800 at the crank (790). So yea....only a matter of time before someone buys one and pulls the motor and puts it on an engine dyno

1987 White Turbo T - TE60 w/ Alky
12.1@113

Yea makes sense with the formula. Just doesn't make sense on the dyno. You are talking 5% drivetrain loss...

1987 White Turbo T - TE60 w/ Alky
12.1@113
Dynos are for tuning. They aren't for racing. If you go to a dyno with x amount of power and leave with 20hp more across the rpm range you can be sure the car will go faster. I've seen plenty or cars have high peak numbers but their quarter performance sucks the big one because left and right of peak the power is less or the engine isn't operated near peak power going down the quarter. Also the formula should be looked at as a mass flow equation more than a hp equation since hp is a formula itself. It's entirely possible to have 100hp more than the formula if peak power is at 8500. It's also possible to have it the other way if peak power is at 4500 yet still have the same mass flow

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Dynos are for tuning. They aren't for racing. If you go to a dyno with x amount of power and leave with 20hp more across the rpm range you can be sure the car will go faster. I've seen plenty or cars have high peak numbers but their quarter performance sucks the big one because left and right of peak the power is less or the engine isn't operated near peak power going down the quarter. Also the formula should be looked at as a mass flow equation more than a hp equation since hp is a formula itself. It's entirely possible to have 100hp more than the formula if peak power is at 8500. It's also possible to have it the other way if peak power is at 4500 yet still have the same mass flow

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Good point. 1/4 mile times really are the best measure of how fast a car can get down the road. Just think about all those 1000HP Mark IV Supras that would run low 12's at 130MPH.

I hope to see some Hellcats in the next couple of years at the track. It will be interesting to see what they really run with an average Joe behind the wheel and a 1500-2000ft DA, aka real life.

Good point. 1/4 mile times really are the best measure of how fast a car can get down the road. Just think about all those 1000HP Mark IV Supras that would run low 12's at 130MPH.

I hope to see some Hellcats in the next couple of years at the track. It will be interesting to see what they really run with an average Joe behind the wheel and a 1500-2000ft DA, aka real life.
Just like Buicks there are plenty of Supras that run the number. Also to be noted there are many many cars that are not posted much about on the internet because the owners don't go on the internet. You never know what's out there. No one is the quickest/fastest for long

BPE2013@hotmail.com

never know what's out there. No one is the quickest/fastest for long

Just like Buicks there are plenty of Supras that run the number. Also to be noted there are many many cars that are not posted much about on the internet because the owners don't go on the internet. You never know what's out there. No one is the quickest/fastest for long

BPE2013@hotmail.com

So true. I've seen some Supras put it down. My comment was about the Supra dyno queen crowd of the early 2000's. They would slap a huge single turbo onto a 6 spd car, hit the dyno, and make piles of HP at the very top end and brag about it. Those guys would look pathetic at the dragstrip and would only race on the street from a 70mph roll. I took my GN to a Supra dyno day back in 2003. They were all snickering at my "sideways" turbo. On a stock, unopened motor with 120k on the clock, stock trans, TE-44, blue tops I put down 510lb/ft of torque to the wheels at 3000RPM. At that point my "weak" 400hp at 5200 RPM was irrelevant. They were pretty quiet after that since even the guys putting down 700+WHP could not hit past 420 lb/ft.

So true. I've seen some Supras put it down. My comment was about the Supra dyno queen crowd of the early 2000's. They would slap a huge single turbo onto a 6 spd car, hit the dyno, and make piles of HP at the very top end and brag about it. Those guys would look pathetic at the dragstrip and would only race on the street from a 70mph roll. I took my GN to a Supra dyno day back in 2003. They were all snickering at my "sideways" turbo. On a stock, unopened motor with 120k on the clock, stock trans, TE-44, blue tops I put down 510lb/ft of torque to the wheels at 3000RPM. At that point my "weak" 400hp at 5200 RPM was irrelevant. They were pretty quiet after that since even the guys putting down 700+WHP could not hit past 420 lb/ft.

If you want to see a fast Supra, check out my buddy Ryan Woon on youtube. That car was the shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=S9pzpzD8h0s

Last edited:
How many of you Buick guys are gonna buy one ?Challenger or Charger ?Anyone spiking interest to get one ?

How many of you Buick guys are gonna buy one ?Challenger or Charger ?Anyone spiking interest to get one ?
Someday…I wasn't a Dodge guy at all until the SRT10 Truck arrived :) and have been very pleased with the '13 SRT8 Chally. I got to where I hated crawling out of my '95 TA so I sold it after 17 years and haven't missed it a bit, got a few more to sell before another new one arrives.

I always liked the challenger, but I liked the supercharged zl1 and gt500 potential better. Now a factory supercharged challenger is tempting, but I still think I would get a cts v if I did anything.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app